valentines day

Started by hawian rollercoaster, January 09, 2013, 01:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawian rollercoaster

anyone know if we can expect anything special this year.

hawian rollercoaster

just read on another forum that something extra special is happening this year whatever that means.

nathalie

Darn it.  My boyfriend refused to go on the 14th, so going the next day, doubt anything special will be going on then  :(

hawian rollercoaster

there is goin to be special meets and greets from 14th to the 17th  and a special cavalcade on 14th. cant wait to meet marie.

nathalie

How do you know from the 14th till 17th?
And will the meet & greets be announced, or we just have to be lucky?

Labyrinth

Found this-

QuoteI have heard from a couple of different inside sources some information about Disneyland Paris's Valentine's Day offerings this year, which I thought I would share with you all!

In the past, Disneyland Paris has had some characters, and a couple of years ago they even had a cute pre-parade. Well, after not really doing anything last year, this year they seem to have stepped up their game again! Probably to compete with the Valentine's Limited Time Magic in the US!

Anyway, this is everything that I have heard so far, that I am willing to tell you! (I can't ruin all the surprises after all!)

"Be My Valentine" will run just for the day of the 14th February, which is a Thursday this year.

I have heard that there will be some sort of cavalcade/pre-parade. It might run a couple of times that day.

Marie and Duffy will be in Town Square. Duffy might have a cute new outfit exclusively for Valentine's! The first time he will ever have one at any Disney Park!

Various rare and interesting Disney "couples" will appear all over the park. These romantic couples will greet fans throughout the day, and will be ones that cannot normally be found.

Duffy and Marie will have set times throughout the day, but the other characters are more of a "pop up surprise", with no set (or at least released)
Link- http://www.charactercentral.net/Blog.as ... ntryId=490
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

nathalie

I don't understand why people keep saying it'll be through the entire weekend, where did they find that info?  :(

Labyrinth

Looking forward to seeing what happens tommorow!
It's amazing that DLP gets the aristocats first  :D/
Quote from: "InsideDLparis"Come and join Disneyland Paris in celebrating Valentines Day tommorow!
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

peep

Source: InsideDLP

I am so jealous. I love the Aristocats. I pray that they make them a more permanent addition to their character line up.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

DisneyDonna

The Aristocats looked amazing! Only downside is the fact that you weren't able to meet them yet? I hope you can in the future, I don't really see the point of having them around if you can't meet them!

Aurora1

They are totally sweet. We used to watch Aristocats a lot a while ago! Should do it again :)
I hope they let them be around for a while and do meet and greets.
Aurora1

nathalie

Marie had some sets through-out the days, I managed to get a picture with her.
The person in there was awesome, you could see he/she was totally enjoying being Marie!

minnieme

My 5 year old niece was devastated that Marie was there and she didnt see her. She is mad on Marie, everything she has has a picture of Marie on it (bedroom, bags, clothes, pj's) and she took 3 Marie teddies to Disneyland with us last year.

I really hope that Marie becomes a regular park character.   [-o<

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

nathalie

So she didn't do meets on the 14th?
I was there the 15th, and I know of 2 meet & greets that she did.

DisneyDonna

Marie and the other Aristocats are actually out today and you can meet them!