Is Disney Express (Eurostar) worth adding on?

Started by CinderellaSparkle, January 07, 2013, 11:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CinderellaSparkle

Hi, i'm booking my DLP holiday tomorrow and as we're booking our Eurostar package separately, i was wondering if i was worth adding on the Disney Express option? I've heard people say yes and no.. Just thought i'd ask as i'm having  a bit of a crisis trying to figure it out the night before booking  :lol: Thanks!

Elaine

for me it depends how long your trip to DLP is, and is it in high season?
There are other options, especially for getting your luggage to the train station on your last day.

CinderellaSparkle

Quote from: "Elaine"for me it depends how long your trip to DLP is, and is it in high season?
There are other options, especially for getting your luggage to the train station on your last day.

We're going for Halloween, 4 nights x

Adam

It very much depends on if you feel the price is worth the added benefits.

The two benefits are that your bags will be taken to your hotel and also taken back to the Eurostar on your day of departure once given to the hotel's concierge and you will get your park tickets at the station or on the train.

If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, the benefits are not as large as the other hotels, as it won't take long to take your bags to the hotel and collect your tickets, and the same for returning.

However, if you are staying at any other hotels, there is less hassle of having to lug your bags to your hotel either walking or by bus. You will also save some time, as you won't have a journey to your hotel to just drop your bags off and get your tickets, which may be all you want to do or can do, as your room may not be ready. This lets you go straight to the park and then just check in and get your room keys later in the day.

On your return journey, it can save you having to return to your hotel to get your bags and gives your more park time.

Hope this helps.

Elaine

Quote from: "CinderellaSparkle"
Quote from: "Elaine"for me it depends how long your trip to DLP is, and is it in high season?

We're going for Halloween, 4 nights x

I wouldn't pay for it both ways if you're going for 4 nights. I would however, pay the hotel on my last day to take the luggage from the hotel to the Disney express desk inside the train station. This only costs 11 euros per room (not per person), and you just ask your hotel receptionist to sort it out for you.

sarahmumof4

I asked this some time back and then  thought about it for ages .

We are staying at the adagio and so decided to add the luggage express. I'm going with my parents and 4 kids . My parents haven't added it as they travel light but I have as will have at least 2 cases .
I had to pay for my eldest as he's 12 now but felt it was worth it .
We can go straight into the parks for a while before we go to check in .
Also I felt that having the luggage taken for us on the last day would be an advantage so was happy to pay.
It came to £32 for 2 people x
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄