Disney Dreams 2013 (May or Aug)

Started by julesk, January 07, 2013, 09:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julesk

Hi, sorry to create a new topic but desperate for advise.   :oops:

We are looking to book our 2013 visit to DLP and after missing disney dreams last year by a week. We are desperate to get the perfect dates this time. Is Disney Dreams diffently going to be on in May and Aug 2013? There brochure clearly states it will be but there website has conflicting information. I have tried to ask DLP direct but they where unable to help? Keep passing me to different departments.

Plus, am I right in thinking the show would be at 10pm in May and Aug? As we have a little one. Has anyone else taken small children and found the show to late for them? Is there a list of fire work dates too?

Sorry one last question. We have stayed outside DLP + Hotel Cheyenne + Santa Fe. Is Hotel New York worth the extra money or should we go back to Hotel Cheyenne again. It is great there but not sure about going back to same place again?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions. Happy Trip planning Disney Fans x   :thumbs:

captain rocket

the 20th anni celebrations have been extended by six months so Dreams will be on in May and Aug, my guess is it may be earlier than 10pm in May, but will be late in August as it has to be dark!
Hotel advice, I've stayed in them all and if you are happy with your previous visits to the Cheyenne then the New York is not worth the extra money in my opinion. it is a great hotel, but like all the Disney hotels is overpriced!

cinderslg

Hi  just following on with 20th celebrations if its being extended by 6mths does the mean that Tarzan may still be showing? I would love to see it  :D

Elaine

Quote from: "cinderslg"Hi  just following on with 20th celebrations if its being extended by 6mths does the mean that Tarzan may still be showing? I would love to see it  :D

no, Tarzan wasn't a specific 20th anniversary show, its a summer-dates only show when its shown. For DLP, summer dates usually mean June to early September.

julesk

Quote from: "captain rocket"the 20th anni celebrations have been extended by six months so Dreams will be on in May and Aug, my guess is it may be earlier than 10pm in May, but will be late in August as it has to be dark!
Hotel advice, I've stayed in them all and if you are happy with your previous visits to the Cheyenne then the New York is not worth the extra money in my opinion. it is a great hotel, but like all the Disney hotels is overpriced!

Thank you so much, thats a great help  :D

julesk

Quote from: "Elaine"
Quote from: "cinderslg"Hi  just following on with 20th celebrations if its being extended by 6mths does the mean that Tarzan may still be showing? I would love to see it  :D

no, Tarzan wasn't a specific 20th anniversary show, its a summer-dates only show when its shown. For DLP, summer dates usually mean June to early September.

Is it worth holding out till August instread of May? I was unsure what the brochure ment by Summer schedule. Is there much more on? We have done every season but summer as always assumed crowds are worse??

MinnieDog

As one of Disney's select Tour Operators in the UK the 20th Anniversary celebrations including Disney Dreams has been extended to September. They have not said exactly what date so if you book your trip before the end of August you'll be ok. Minniedog

Zee79

Is it worth holding out till August instread of May? I was unsure what the brochure ment by Summer schedule. Is there much more on? We have done every season but summer as always assumed crowds are worse??[/quote]

We did summer last year and it was packed! We always did summer but changed to christmas and i must admit i probably wouldn't do summer again. We are hoping it was just because it was the 20th celebrations. The queues were long enough  but the rudeness of some visitors was unbelievable. One group of spanish visitors nearly crushed my daughter when trying to get on the paddle steamer, when we shouted because she was pushed to the floor we were told in broken accent we should take more control and not have a 5 year old going on this attraction! They were at the back and pushed through lots of people. This wasn't just an isolated incident.  So be warned about the queues and incidents like this. If you haven't been in summer then it is worth a try to see which you do prefer. The weather is normally a lot nicer especially when waiting at night for the parade and fireworks.
We are trying May this year.

Spring/summer starts end of March with Summer being end of June time, normally when schools start finishing for the summer break. The summer schedule is normally more parades, more characters things like that, some shows put on in specific venues.

brenjo

So happy to hear 'Dreams' has been extended - I didn't dare hope!  :D   Now I can look at the photos and videos  :D

Elaine

Quote from: "brenjo"So happy to hear 'Dreams' has been extended - I didn't dare hope!  :D  
Now I can look at the photos and videos  :D

no video or photo does it justice though - being there and seeing it breathtaking awesomeness  :thumbs:  :thumbs: .

brenjo

So I have heard Elaine.........but I still plan on having a wee peek!

julesk

Has anyone found the scheduled closures for May 2013 yet? I can only find upto Feb 2013. Thanks

claire2281

Quote from: "julesk"Has anyone found the scheduled closures for May 2013 yet? I can only find upto Feb 2013. Thanks

The ones for May won't be released yet as they probably dont' know for certain themselves what they're closing.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

cinderslg

Aaaah we have booked for May I really didnt think there would be any planned closures then  :?  Thought that was all done by Feb/March. Would they tend to close the same rides in particular months??  :cry:

julesk

The ones for May won't be released yet as they probably dont' know for certain themselves what they're closing.[/quote]

Thank you, will have to keep an eye out. We went in may 2011 and there where a few closures but not half as many as March 2012. That was the worst we have ever seen but least they have extended Dreams so we just get to go back again for 3rd yr running with daughter  :D/