Hotel New York/ DLP 4 day trip 30th Nov

Started by filmstar40, December 07, 2012, 02:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filmstar40

3rd visit and somewhat of a letdown.

Room in Hotel New York was grubby - stained carpets, so so fittings - t.b.h. Sequoia Lodge rooms were better condition. The Maid never left Coffee or Tea - we had to ring Room Service so they could bring 2 Tea Bags and the little tubs of milk, 4 star you are having a laugh. heating control was busted - far too hot and no way to reduce the room temp.

Breakfast was OK, quite happy with this.

Worst was the Porter's on the final day - I asked them to keep 2 suitcases and a back pack but to watch the back pack as it had breakables in it. Thinking it was valuable the zip got broken into and someone rifled through the bag. When I pointed this out suddenly they could only speak French! Luckily all items were still there (was only fragile trinkets, etc).

Magic Hours - complete con. Only 7 rides were open and it was the same 7 every day. Tremendous day 1 - boring by day 4.

Too many rides are in need of some TLC and some are woefully undermanned when busy. Crush Coaster broke for a morning, POTC for a morning and Aerosmith Roller Coaster worked OK day 1 and then either the music or lights or both were broken every day after.

The attitude of some staff sorry cast members is appalling the Buzz Lightyear Blast broke down 4 times when we were on it - we asked can we ride again - no one is waiting - NON off please. Top Marks. Indy Roller coaster was dead quiet, no-one queuing yet when I asked to ride again - NO OFF loudly, I explained my daughter was disabled and had trouble walking - NON GET OFF. No issues when busy but when no one is there get a life.

Food in the Parks are grossly overpriced for what you get (knew that before we went) so it's the old smile n pay.

Highlights were the RC half pipe ride - excellent, Crush's Coaster, Aerosmith (when fully working) and Buzz Lightyear's Blast.

Dining top marks were easily won by the Rainforest Cafe - great food and a top notch setting.

Shopping was fine, many unique items and we got some lovely gifts.

Will I be back - sorry NON DLP is light years behind the USA in interaction, condition, enjoyment and in a VFM content - heavens no.

BT

jonathan

What part of HNY were you in?  I found every aspect of the place immaculate.  Of course I didnt go into every room lol and I will say that the housekeeping was quite erattic and inconsistent.  Up in the Empire State Club and the 7th floor of midtown tower it was spotless.

Totally agree that too many of the CM's  in the parks lack even basic communicative and customer services skills which is a shame.

filmstar40

Hi Jonathon,

The room was on the 8th floor of the main block, the room door was opposite the Waldorf suite - not 100% on it's no - 8323 rings a bell. A carpet badly in need of a clean and a defective heating system. Other minor things were for me def not good enough.
Sequoia Lodge room we stayed in previously was in better condition.

One classy bit I missed was a guy on his own who blew his nose into the jacuzzi and cleared it out.

A decent enough hotel but not VFM compared to what we had been to before. Sequoia Lodge was far friendlier, etc.