Christmas 2012 20th-26th Dec. Day 6 Completed!

Started by kelly.dylan, November 26, 2012, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natalie1313

sounds great! :) im going on the 13th for 4 days. I definitely agree rock and roller coaster. Its more gentle if that makes sense? personally i think they are both amazing and not scary in any way! :P as for tot, you should try it! its my favourite! the first time is a little scary but after that it turns into good fun! everyone(well almost) on the ride always ends up laughing! its so good. Ive been on it hundreds of times, 27 is my record for one day! cant wait to get back on it! have a great trip!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "natalie1313"sounds great! :) im going on the 13th for 4 days. I definitely agree rock and roller coaster. Its more gentle if that makes sense? personally i think they are both amazing and not scary in any way! :P as for tot, you should try it! its my favourite! the first time is a little scary but after that it turns into good fun! everyone(well almost) on the ride always ends up laughing! its so good. Ive been on it hundreds of times, 27 is my record for one day! cant wait to get back on it! have a great trip!
27 times in one day!! Don't think i'd ever manage that haha! Not long for your trip now, have fun!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Aurora1

Hi Kelly and Dylan,
I wish you a wonderful trip, a merry merry, magical Christmas and a little sleep before you leave!! :thumbs:
Have a great time!
Aurora1

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Aurora1"Hi Kelly and Dylan,
I wish you a wonderful trip, a merry merry, magical Christmas and a little sleep before you leave!! :thumbs:
Have a great time!
Aurora1
Thank you! Hope you have a lovely Christmas too! Can't wait to get back and share our trip with everyone! xxx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

carrydee38

have a fab trip dying to see the pics....

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "carrydee38"have a fab trip dying to see the pics....
Thank you! Sure there'll be plenty of photos too ;)

Have a lovely Christmas xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Aurora1

Quotekelly.dylan
Thank you! Hope you have a lovely Christmas too! Can't wait to get back and share our trip with everyone! xxx
Looking forward seeing and reading your TR.
Finally signed upon FB and watched your pics from Halloween! Great pictures! And Dylan is soo handsome!
Aurora1

mickeyspal

Wishing you & your family a wonderful Christmastime @ DLP
Looking forward to your report & lots of pics :santa:
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

kelly.dylan

Hi All,

Well we are home from the most magical christmas! We have had such an amazing time and so many lovely memories to share with you all!

Will get started on my trip report over the weekend but can say Christmas day was fab, the weather was kind to us and we also met some fab forum members too :)

Hope everyone had a lovely christmas xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

AislingM

Cant wait for your report , your pictures are fantastic!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

ed-uk

I'm loving your pictures and looking forward to reading your trip report because it sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Ed & David

kelly.dylan

Right here goes  :D

Thursday 20th Dec 2012-Day 1
We took the Eurostar to Disney & arrived just after 2pm on Thursday. We knew we wouldn't get much done today as the park closed at 6pm, but we were home and that's all that mattered!

The weather was lovely for December, we couldn't believe how mild it was ( I had packed prepared for snow & freezing temperatures).

After taking our traditional we're here photos we headed into the park, by now it was gone 2.30pm and people were already waiting for the parade! We decided we would have one quick go on Pirates and find a spot up by It's a Small World to watch the parade at 3.30pm.

We found this one of the best places for photos, we stood head on to the Parade and so had no random people's heads popping up in our pictures  ;)

I'm sure everyone has seen plenty of parade pictures so wont bore you with any more  ;)

After the parade we went on It's a small world, this is one of mums favourites and as she was only with us until Saturday Dylan knew we'd have to go on it at some point. He's not a lover of the ride anymore, thinks being a teenager now it's too babyish :shock:

The tree lighting was around 5pm tonight and we decided to have a quick look around the shops before finding a spot. Mum bought the Goofy Santa hat with a beard to take home for dad (he was very confused when she gave it to him apparantly) but when we came out of the shop it was absolute mayhem!! The chance of seeing any of the show was pretty slim.

Instead we decided to head up to the castle ready for the Castle Lighting Ceremony and Dreams. We wasn't sure what to expect from the castle lighting as obviously there wouldn't be a show like last year as the stage had gone but it was beautiful!

We had to wait around another 30 minutes for Dreams but it was AMAZING as always!

We left the park, along with the thousands of other people and headed for the Sequoia Lodge. This was our first time here and the last Disney Hotel yet to stay in. Everyone says its lovely in the winter so we couldn't wait to get checked in and have a good look round!

As mum was a last minute addition I added her onto our room booking when we arrived. Thanks for the tip @Elaine  :thumbs:  It cost an extra 2 Euros 20 to add mum on for 2 nights! I couldn't believe it was so cheap, especially as breakfast was included too!

We were lucky enough to be given VIP Breakast passes this trip which was lovely, no queueing for breakfast was bliss  :D

Our room was in the South Wing on the 4th Floor and was lovely, Bambi is one of my favourite Disney films & the picture on the wall was beautiful  :bambi:

We had balloons too, which Dylan found a use for whilst mum & I unpacked :) (This got rather annoying after a while :oops: )

We had dinner booked for 8.30pm in Hunters Grill, the food was your usual Disney buffet, nothing fancy but we left full enough!

So that was Day 1, we wanted to do EMH in the morning so an early night was in order zzzzz.
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Friday 21st Dec 2012-Day 2

Today's plan was to get up early & do some rides in magic hours. It didn't quite happen  :oops: By the time we were up and out of the room it was gone 8am! Breakfast was nice though, we went straight to the front of the queue with our vip breakfast passes and had our usual cereals, croissants & pan au chocolat.

Dylan had a quick photo with Goofy in the Hotel and then we headed to the park.

The park was open at 9.30am so EMH was a washout by the time we got there. We had a quick go on The Mad Hatters Tea cups and then headed over to Caseys Corner to see Winnie The Pooh. We arrived 10 minutes before he was due out so were first in the queue. I must say im not a fan of his tartan outfit! Much prefer the red christmassy one from 2010.

We then went over to Frontierland for a few rides and a photo with Jack Skellington, no Sally though which was a shame.

We then took a walk over to Santa Claus, Dylan & I had already agreed that we wouldn't be queueing for 2 hours again like last year!! Just as we arrived Minnie & The Elves were leaving. We asked a cm when they would be back out but as they weren't on the schedule he said they just come and go at no official time!

The queue for Santa seemed longer than when we waited last year so we decided to head off back to the castle to catch the 2nd Christmas Cavalcade!  

We decided to watch from the little balcony type thing by the side of the castle stage which it turned out meant we didn't get a great view

Walking back through the park i took lots of pics of the Character Snowmen. I know people have said they looked tacky and plasticy but i thought they were rather cute!

Now thanks to everyones advice we planned to go to The Studios to see how long the queue was for RnRc! Luckily it was only 5 minutes. We left mum in the restaurant des stars with our bags and joined the queue. Im glad it was so short, it didn't give either of us the chance to chicken out  :oops: As we got to the loading bay and watched the previous riders given the 3,2,1 and be launched at speed Dylan turned round and said he wasn't quite sure if he'd like it! It was too late for second thoughts now, no sooner had he said it we were in our seats restraints down and ready to go!! Needless to say he absolutely loved it and i actually liked it too which was surprising. It did hurt my shoulders though, i think it was just the fast side to side movement and by the end of the day it had gone!

Every other ride had a silly queue and we wanted to catch the tree lighting ceremony today so we headed back over to the Disneyland Park, stopping for a quick cocktail in the Disneyland Hotel on the way

So after a few rides we got our spot for the Tree Lighting Ceremony! It still annoys me how people think they can just come 5 minutes before it starts and think you are going to let them stand infront of you!!!! :evil:  :evil:
The show was the same as last year, the only difference i think is that there was no Duffy  :(

The garlands along Main Street looked beautiful in the dark too!

We decided to miss Dreams this evening and leave after the Tree Lighting Ceremony as we were going to the 9.30pm BBWWS.

We arrived at Buffalo Bills around 8.30pm and the queue to get in was already close to the entrance doors! Our tickets were fine so thanks @HandyAndy, you saved us a fortune!!! We have been many times before and always been in the green section, Dylan asked if we could go red today and the lovely lady on the door gave us red tickets  :thumbs:

We waited near the front of the stage to watch the pre-show entertainment

Now when i say this was hilarious it's by no means an understatement. I know other members were going to this show, did any of you catch this pre-show with Goofy? He did handstands, the caterpillar & the splits!! Was so funny to watch!

I had heard that from 22nd it would have a christmas addition to the show so as this was the 21st Dylan and I booked for Christmas day too. Well it was the Christmas show anyway and had exactly the same story line with just the addition of a visit from Santa.

We all enjoyed the show and headed straight back to our hotel after as it was fairly late.

I got the most beautiful picture of Panoramagique on the way back

Day 3 To Follow Soon
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Saturday 22nd Dec 2012-Day 3

Today turned out to be a bit of a washout! It was Mum's last day and we woke up to pouring rain! We decided that we would let Dylan sleep a bit longer and have breakfast at 9am. The rain hadn't let up at all when we had finished! All armed with ponchos we headed to the Park. Which as expected was absoultely packed!

Dylan isn't a lover of queueing at the best of times so together with the pouring rain it wasn't looking good  :(

We headed for Pirates, with a 10 minute wait this had the smallest queue (and we knew we'd be warm and dry) Well we came off and went straight back on!!

The rain began to ease off but with every ride having massive queues we decided on having another cocktail in The Disneyland Hotel. Im so glad we did as we noticed a sign by the advent calendar saying that it would be opened by a special guest on 24th December and they were also in the process of building a stage (more about that on day 5)

With mum's training leaving at 5pm (not sure why so early) we decided to have some lunch. We tried the Earl of Sandwich for the first time and all really enjoyed it! Its not as expensive as some of the food in the parks either.

So after a few last minute photos we headed off to the station to say goodbye to my mum. This was the first Christmas Dylan and I would be away from family so it was horrible saying goodbye  :cry:

We pretty much gave up on going back to the park after and went back to The Sequoia Lodge for a hot drink and change of clothes before our meal in Cafe Mickey that was booked for 8pm.

I had already paid for the character meal with my booking and so had the choice to order from the set menu or use the vouchers at 35 Euros each to pay for the meal. We used them at face value so we had a wider selection of meals

We had the garlic bread to share as a starter. We've made the mistake of getting one each before we knew how big it was :shock:  but this time the menu had changed and it comes with cheese which wasn't as nice. We both had steak, followed by the Ben & Jerries Ice cream. I was disappointed they dont have the apple pie anymore  :( And also that they've removed the character names from the dishes too.

We saw plenty of characters though, Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto & Tigger

Dylan enjoyed his meal, especially the Ice Cream and found good use for the Donald Duck's in our steak  :P

After our meal we did some shopping in the village and Dylan had a Chocolate Marshmallow Skewer from one of the Christmas stalls in the village (the first of many over the next few days!)

We had a drink sat by the fire in our hotel and then off we went to bed! Dylan was looking forward to his lay in on Sunday  ;)

Day 4 to follow soon...
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

AislingM

Keep it coming! Ah your poor mom must have been so upset leaving!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14