Annual Pass — questions and privileges

Started by Anthony, February 05, 2007, 11:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

Two-day tickets cannot be upgraded to annual passports. Only one-day tickets. You will need a Dream pass for what you're planning. For what it's worth, the difference between Fantasy and Dream is less than half the price of a two-day ticket, so even if you could do what you're suggesting it wouldn't be the best option.

dencarter

Quote from: stifle on March 12, 2016, 02:27:42 PM
Two-day tickets cannot be upgraded to annual passports. Only one-day tickets. You will need a Dream pass for what you're planning. For what it's worth, the difference between Fantasy and Dream is less than half the price of a two-day ticket, so even if you could do what you're suggesting it wouldn't be the best option.

Thanks, that's really helpful! Looks like 'Dream' is the way forward :-)

A&S&O

Quote from: dencarter on March 12, 2016, 02:47:00 PM
Quote from: stifle on March 12, 2016, 02:27:42 PM

Thanks, that's really helpful! Looks like 'Dream' is the way forward :-)

Don't forget to try and hook up with an AP holder so you can get 10% discount.

Also, try and sponsor people when you re-visit in 2017 to get your pass extended for a year.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

dencarter

Quote from: A&S&O on March 12, 2016, 03:05:37 PM

Also, try and sponsor people when you re-visit in 2017 to get your pass extended for a year.

OK, yes, I've just seen that sponsorship thread. It's a pretty complicated process but I'll certainly give it a go! Thanks

A&S&O

Quote from: dencarter on March 12, 2016, 03:26:41 PM

OK, yes, I've just seen that sponsorship thread. It's a pretty complicated process but I'll certainly give it a go! Thanks

There is a thread listing people wanting / offering sponsorship, just add your names and dates to the list. There also used to be one on Tripadvisor, but I'm not sure if its still there.

When you get to the park, buy a day ticket on the gate.
Arrange a time to meet your sponsor at the Passport Office.
You will both fill out forms at the Passport Office and they will have their form stamped and a note taken that they have sponsored someone. The sponsor can now go and enjoy himself.
You will have your details recorded and have a (very dark!) photo taken. You will pay the difference between the price of your day ticket and whichever AP you are buying - less 10%. You are then given your AP!

When you know when you are returning, add your names to the list of people looking to sponsor. Sponsor 3 people in the same time period and you can get an extra year on your AP.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

dencarter

Quote from: A&S&O on March 12, 2016, 04:02:46 PM

There is a thread listing people wanting / offering sponsorship, just add your names and dates to the list. There also used to be one on Tripadvisor, but I'm not sure if its still there.

You will both fill out forms at the Passport Office and they will have their form stamped and a note taken that they have sponsored someone. The sponsor can now go and enjoy himself.
You will have your details recorded and have a (very dark!) photo taken. You will pay the difference between the price of your day ticket and whichever AP you are buying - less 10%. You are then given your AP!

When you know when you are returning, add your names to the list of people looking to sponsor. Sponsor 3 people in the same time period and you can get an extra year on your AP.

AWESOME, thanks for summarising so succinctly. As there will be two of us buying APs at the same time a sponsor will get a good two-for-one deal on our visit :-)

Thaliel

Just a wuick question: how long is the bureau passeport annuel open? We might already get our passports directly when arriving, but that miht be after 6pm
<-Plz click

stifle

alanandline

Quote from: dencarter on March 12, 2016, 04:05:59 PM
Quote from: A&S&O on March 12, 2016, 04:02:46 PM

AWESOME, thanks for summarising so succinctly. As there will be two of us buying APs at the same time a sponsor will get a good two-for-one deal on our visit :-)

Sorry but if somebody sponsors the two of you they will need a 3rd to get 1 pass extend, however they should not be refusing to sponsor you just as there are two of you as that is not in the spirit of sponsorship. I sponsored two in October then managed to get 5 more so ended up with two tickets set for extension, but I'd still have been happy getting the two their discount, good chat.

dencarter

Quote from: alanandline on March 15, 2016, 12:11:57 AM

Sorry but if somebody sponsors the two of you they will need a 3rd to get 1 pass extend, however they should not be refusing to sponsor you just as there are two of you as that is not in the spirit of sponsorship. I sponsored two in October then managed to get 5 more so ended up with two tickets set for extension, but I'd still have been happy getting the two their discount, good chat.

Hi... What I meant is that if an AP holder needs three sponsors to get their pass extension, surely arranging a meet when s/he can get two in one go is attractive? That way they only have one to go instead of two... Or have I misunderstood how it works?

A&S&O

Quote from: dencarter on March 15, 2016, 08:26:28 AM
Quote from: alanandline on March 15, 2016, 12:11:57 AM

Hi... What I meant is that if an AP holder needs three sponsors to get their pass extension, surely arranging a meet when s/he can get two in one go is attractive? That way they only have one to go instead of two... Or have I misunderstood how it works?

You are correct.

We still can't get over what happened when we needed to sponsor just one person. We approached a guy n the queue (a bit dodgy looking, but we won't go into detail). We asked if we could sponsor him and he replied "yes" - if we paid him 60 Euros! We declined.
Planning WDW 2019

slawts1702

I have a question which I hope someone might be able to explain to me.....

I am an Annual Pass holder and will be visiting DLP in April and shall be taking along with me 2 family members who will also purchase Annual passes, however my query is do they still get the 10% discount on their passes as my pass was purchased in a different ticket 'season'????? Not quite sure how the ticket season thing works and would it mean I wouldn't get the sponsorship extension to my pass either??? I bought my pass in May 2015

Any help would be much appreciated???

A&S&O

Quote from: slawts1702 on March 17, 2016, 04:00:49 PM
I have a question which I hope someone might be able to explain to me.....

I am an Annual Pass holder and will be visiting DLP in April and shall be taking along with me 2 family members who will also purchase Annual passes, however my query is do they still get the 10% discount on their passes as my pass was purchased in a different ticket 'season'????? Not quite sure how the ticket season thing works and would it mean I wouldn't get the sponsorship extension to my pass either??? I bought my pass in May 2015

Any help would be much appreciated???

The "season" thing means the sponsor has to do all his sponsoring in the same season in order to get his extension. So yes, you can sponsor them and they would get 10% discount. You would need to sponsor one more person in the same season to get your one year extension.

If you don't sponsor three people in the same season you won't get an extension.
Planning WDW 2019

princesslaura

I have an annual pass that expires in June and will have sponsored 3 people by April so how do I get my free year? I won't be going back until September after April.

NCC1701Q

You can send all forms by mail and get the new card sent to your home.