Why cant I stay away?

Started by RockNRoller, October 12, 2012, 02:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

pmsl. yep, that different sand and water makes all the difference :)

julesk

Quote from: "RockNRoller"
Quote from: "geekyjo"Yess exactly! How is it socially acceptable to return to the same place every year because you like the hotel and the food and the beach, but going back to Disneyland every year is weird? People say "You only went last year!", I think they reckon that because we've been on all the rides and stuff there isn't anything else for us to see, but I always find new things to do there, and part of the fun is going back home and seeing all the rides and places that I already love!
Youre gonna love this one:
My Sister : So your going to Disney again, honestly
Me: Well youre just going on holiday to lie on a beach, isnt that what you did last year?
My Sister : Ah but its a totally different beach to last year
 ](*,)

LOL, glad I'm not the only one who gets this. Currently working on talking Hubby into 4th Year running, its suprisingly easy  :lol:

tubbsy

Lol! Love that!
My husband was leaving on a business trip to Switzerland this morning and I still had to discuss Disney with him before he went. Well, with the days passing so quick, its important to know which restaurant we're going to eat in....right? Oh and have a safe trip dear!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

merlin

Quote from: "merlin"Hi we have been to dlrp 6 times in the last five years just got back from 5days at Davey crocketts it was our second favorite trip dont think you can ever top your first trip.
On return my wife told me and the kids that we are going to give it a miss next year as it my fortyth b'day we're going abroad beach holiday;( least to say we were gutted!!!.
I wanted to go for my birthday and do 40 rides at forty.is it just me or does the magic start as soon as you book dlrp trip?
little does my lovely wife know but me and the kids have started a secret club and have a secret pot that we are putting any spare change in the kids have started sorting toys to sell on ebay and the other day their grandma asked if they wanted an ice cream to wich they said could we have the money instead lol bless em.
don't tell the wife but we are going next year and the way the kids are saving it could be in the Disneyland Hotel lol.
It would appear we have got it bad I have to agree its such a magical place it truly is a place where you can stop the world and get of for a while and be totally yourself love it :)

Me and the kids have ground her down just booked for 2014! I believe pestering kids could topple governments lol :D just off to cart wheel down the street  :D/

tubbsy

:D/  :D/  :D/
Brilliant! Have fun saving and planning!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

RockNRoller

To keep this up to date, we couldnt go last year so are really looking forward to this years trip. Told my parents that we'd booked end of November and the conversation went like this
"But you didnt go last year"
"So"
"Well youve broken the chain so why bother going"

>:(  Why dont people get it???????

DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

SVioletS

We're only going for our 3rd visit as a family and I feel that most people here wouldn't understand. I mean, for most people you go once and you have seen it all. We know it's not like that!
And really i'd rather save and spend the money going to DLP than going to some beach resort... both my parents and in laws live near the beach so I have that for "free" :).
And DLP is such a great escape! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

merlin

Me and the kids have ground her down just booked for 2014! I believe pestering kids could topple governments lol :D just off to cart wheel down the street  :D/

Got to save up more money now ::)
Got a school fine to add to the cost oh well onwards and francewards.
Startin to think Mickey mouse might actually live at number 10 ;D