Why cant I stay away?

Started by RockNRoller, October 12, 2012, 02:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilovedisneylandparis

Aw I wish I could have a Christmas ringtone! Chante, c'est Noel is the cutest Christmas song ever  :D

gemmasteele84

For me it's that I don't have to worry. I'm a carer for my husband and have 2 kids so I spend all my time worrying about them. When we go away I panic 'will there be enough to do? Will the food be ok? What will the hotel be like?' I don't need to worry about that when we go Disneyland. As odd as it may sound I feel safe there. I think as well I spend all year being such a grown up and in charge of everything, this is where I can go and be a kid :) SO excited about our trip, already crying whenever the ad comes on, may need to be sedated when we actually go lol

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "gemmasteele84"As odd as it may sound I feel safe there

This is exactly how I feel! Like it's a place where nothing bad could happen and no-one could get hurt or feel upset? I think the world is a wonderful place but at the same time it can be scary and sad and when I watch Disney films or go to Disneyland Paris I just feel safe and like none of the sad or scary things can affect me for a while  :oops:

gemmasteele84

Yep exactly :) great place that can make adults feel like that

julesk

I have to agree with you all. Sick of people asking WHY are you going AGAIN this year but how could they possibly begin to understand if they have never been themselves. I hate the real world, its a horrible place to live in but DLRP leaves all the bad behind at the gates and makes everything fun and magical. I cant imagine going anywhere else anymore. Our daughter is only 5 and its a second home for her now. She has stayed in almost all the hotels, so its a new adventure everytime before you even enter the parks.

Aurora1

Why can`t I stay away?? I don`t know! Just everytime I get back, I start thinking, when could be next time...
And some people don`t understand, why we keep going back, like others said.
I don`t have to worry, most of the time I don`t even read newspaper or watch TV.
Aurora1

WesternMouse

Having worked at WDW in the 90s, I think DLRP blows Orlando away. Even the Studios is fun for me and my family. I don't need 4 parks that are spread so far from each other and even within. Give me the beauty of Fantasyland that WDW is now trying to copy. There can be no better castle than that of DLRP.

pialykke

I totally agree - some people just dont get it...!
A few weeks before we went for the first time (and as of yet only time) - I was talking to some colleagues about finally going there after waiting so long. One of them asked how long we were going for, and I said Mon-Fri... Her response was "But what are you gonna do there for such a long time???"..........
I was worried we didn't HAVE enough time! And rightly so! I could have easily stayed for another week... :)
But oh no, she found it sooo boring there, and they were just there for 2 days when she went!!
I couldn't believe how protective I felt about it - and this was before even having been there at all...!!
I am ACHING to go again, and I am chuffed to bits to be getting my Disney-fix in this forum until we go again! :)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

WesternMouse

I forgot to mention that DLRP has the best BTM railroad, too. That last section of track that goes fast, downhill, and in a dark tunnel under the water is a big surprise for first time riders. I've never seen so many people with such looks of joy after a ride. Even more surprising to me is the ages of the riders. There are far many older riders on BTM than I've ever seen in the States.

TigerLily

I agree with you all too. It's such a magical place! I'm another one of you that's grown up going there and find the place beautifully nostalgic. I honestly don't think I could tire of it there. And yes, I wouldn't turn down a trip to WDW etc and may well visit it at some point in the future - however I don't long for it or anything as for me Disney is Disney Paris.

And I must admit that seeing my daughter (who's 6) becoming enchanted with the place (like her Mum lol) was just priceless...best memories ever :D roll on June 2nd!!

merlin

Hi we have been to dlrp 6 times in the last five years just got back from 5days at Davey crocketts it was our second favorite trip dont think you can ever top your first trip.
On return my wife told me and the kids that we are going to give it a miss next year as it my fortyth b'day we're going abroad beach holiday;( least to say we were gutted!!!.
I wanted to go for my birthday and do 40 rides at forty.is it just me or does the magic start as soon as you book dlrp trip?
little does my lovely wife know but me and the kids have started a secret club and have a secret pot that we are putting any spare change in the kids have started sorting toys to sell on ebay and the other day their grandma asked if they wanted an ice cream to wich they said could we have the money instead lol bless em.
don't tell the wife but we are going next year and the way the kids are saving it could be in the Disneyland Hotel lol.
It would appear we have got it bad I have to agree its such a magical place it truly is a place where you can stop the world and get of for a while and be totally yourself love it :)

RockNRoller

Quote from: "merlin"I wanted to go for my birthday and do 40 rides at forty.is it just me or does the magic start as soon as you book dlrp trip?
Did that for my 40th, its a fantastic idea, takes some doing though  :thumbs:

Funniest part of the whole trip was when we told people where we were going for my 40th and the response was "Oh I thought you would go somewhere special" . Thing is for all of us that go time and time again it is special.
Merlin last year we couldnt go because my wife is back at college and we jus couldnt fit it in, we even looked at doing a day trip. Hats off to you and your kids, good luck with the saving  =D>
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Samninetysix

I went into Tesco this week for euros for our trip, the girl on the desk asked "Going anywhere nice?" - "Disneyland Paris" says I. "Oh, have you been before?", "This will be our 45th time" - "WHAT?????" - "Yeah, wife and daughter are Disney fanatics, I just do the driving". Then picture me grinning like a cheshire cat as I'm walking back to the car.......... Yes, too bloody hard to stay away for too long :)

loulou169

Hi, everyone! Ive been three times now and have booked our fourth trip next year March at hotel Cheyenne! (We've always stayed at the Santa Fe and I now feel kinda sad that I aint going to it again!) DLP is the one place in the world  that as soon as i get off the train im home! My girls too know all the ins and outs of the different lands and feel its their second home too. Theres nothing better that getting to the park during magic hours and when theres barely a person there and taking in Main Street all deserted, its beautiful.  Im 32 and cannot see myself going anywere else, maybe Ill try WDW one day but I dont think its ever gonna rival DLP.  I too have most of the films, albums and ornaments around the house! And my family find its odd that I keep going back, Ive tried to persuade them to go, my mum went last year with me and my girls, but my other family think its a waste of money! (outrageous!) But Its so true, you can leave your grown up self at your doorstep and slowly (or in my case, stupidly fast!) turn into a big kid on the way there! LOVE U DLP xxxx
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

RockNRoller

Quote from: "geekyjo"Yess exactly! How is it socially acceptable to return to the same place every year because you like the hotel and the food and the beach, but going back to Disneyland every year is weird? People say "You only went last year!", I think they reckon that because we've been on all the rides and stuff there isn't anything else for us to see, but I always find new things to do there, and part of the fun is going back home and seeing all the rides and places that I already love!
Youre gonna love this one:
My Sister : So your going to Disney again, honestly
Me: Well youre just going on holiday to lie on a beach, isnt that what you did last year?
My Sister : Ah but its a totally different beach to last year
 ](*,)
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"