Why cant I stay away?

Started by RockNRoller, October 12, 2012, 02:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AislingM

Quote from: "RockNRoller"
Quote from: "disney-john"
Quote from: "AislingM"Just like we dreamed it is my happy driving song! That , and " Now thats what I call Disney"

I second that, after getting my iPhone, I listen to disney Internet radio all the time.... I need medication! Lol

Zippadee doo dah, is my ring tone with Chante cest Noel throughout December

Brilliant!  Its halloween-o-ween everybody was todays driving song of choice!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

Ravenseye

Sooo true, the only time I become a 'morning person' is at DLP. I'm happy to read that i'm not alone in calling it my 2nd home! Even tho ive only had 3 trips there, it feels so 'right'.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

dixie10

I know exactly what you mean

we went for our first visit (said we would go just the once) in 2004 and then went every year sometimes twice until 2008, then as happens life through things at us and I thought we wont go again our son was growing up so it seemed that was it

But then darling son who's now 16 said lets go back ans so we have just been a=back for Halloween and it was like going home as soon as we stepped through the gates all my troubles left me and and I felt the disney cuddle

hopefully we will be back next year I think for Christmas

ilovedisneylandparis

I absolutely agree with all of these posts! Any DLP music helps to keep my cravings down and get me even more excited for my next trip :) I have even got to the point now where all of my home accessories are Disney-related - I have a Mickey telephone, lots of ornaments and that sort of thing, all of my kitchen stuff is Disney, all of my cushions are Disney...! It just makes me feel happy :D

For me Disneyland Paris does feel like home, everytime we go back to the Cheyenne I feel like it is where we are meant to be and the rest of the year has sort of lead up to it, and then when we walk through Fantasia Gardens and see the park I start crying cos I'm so happy and overwhelmed to be home! Only my boyfriend and you guys seem to understand this though - if I ever told friends or family they wouldn't get it, they already don't understand why we go back to DLP every year  :oops: Some people visit Spain or somewhere every year though, because they have a place they particularly like, so I don't see how going back to Disney is any different?

RockNRoller

Quote from: "geekyjo"Only my boyfriend and you guys seem to understand this though - if I ever told friends or family they wouldn't get it, they already don't understand why we go back to DLP every year  :oops: Some people visit Spain or somewhere every year though, because they have a place they particularly like, so I don't see how going back to Disney is any different?

Im with you on this one, every year my friends give me the "Youre going again?" speech and yet every year they go to the same place and lie on the same beach for 2 weeks.  3 years ago we took a couple of non believers with us and now our next visit (no:14) will be their 3rd. Its a contagious place :lol:
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Im with you on this one, every year my friends give me the "Youre going again?" speech and yet every year they go to the same place and lie on the same beach for 2 weeks.  3 years ago we took a couple of non believers with us and now our next visit (no:14) will be their 3rd. Its a contagious place :lol:

Yess exactly! How is it socially acceptable to return to the same place every year because you like the hotel and the food and the beach, but going back to Disneyland every year is weird? People say "You only went last year!", I think they reckon that because we've been on all the rides and stuff there isn't anything else for us to see, but I always find new things to do there, and part of the fun is going back home and seeing all the rides and places that I already love!

On a similar topic - does anyone find that they get slightly possessive/defensive of DLP? I am embarrassed to admit it but I do  :oops:  If I see on Facebook that someone I know has been I think "B-b-but they don't like it like I do, they won't appreciate it!" and when I saw the X-Factor contestants had gone I was weirdly disappointed. My cousin visited and came back saying it was boring and that there are "no rides, only restaurants" and I spent quite some time defending it to him, I can't understand how anyone can say there are no rides?! I feel like we're the only ones that 'get' DLP  :oops:

RockNRoller

Quote from: "geekyjo"
Quote from: "RockNRoller"On a similar topic - does anyone find that they get slightly possessive/defensive of DLP? I am embarrassed to admit it but I do  :oops:  If I see on Facebook that someone I know has been I think "B-b-but they don't like it like I do, they won't appreciate it!" and when I saw the X-Factor contestants had gone I was weirdly disappointed. My cousin visited and came back saying it was boring and that there are "no rides, only restaurants" and I spent quite some time defending it to him, I can't understand how anyone can say there are no rides?! I feel like we're the only ones that 'get' DLP  :oops:
Im very defensive, 2 years ago my sister in law nearly cancelled her first trip because a friend who had been once said the food was expensive. Long heated  discussion about why Disney is more than just food. Can you believe she didnt ask my advice about anything  :lol:  :-"

AislingM

Or when people go and cant remember the names of the rides eg " that rollercoaster" " that pirate one" Its like " go away you dont deserve to be there if you dont share the passion!"   Or my latest one , another girl in work went a few months ago and was telling me about the new firework display when the park closes??? Its called Dreams!! And today another collegue was asking about my hol and said she cant afford Florida so she might have to settle for DLP! Grrrr
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "RockNRoller"Im very defensive, 2 years ago my sister in law nearly cancelled her first trip because a friend who had been once said the food was expensive. Long heated  discussion about why Disney is more than just food. Can you believe she didnt ask my advice about anything  :lol:  :-"

Oh no! Definitely not worth cancelling a trip over - plus I think the food is part of the fun of it, where else can you get a burger shaped like Mickey Mouse?! I'm glad you persuaded her not to cancel  :thumbs:

Quote from: "AislingM"Or when people go and cant remember the names of the rides eg " that rollercoaster" " that pirate one" Its like " go away you dont deserve to be there if you dont share the passion!"   Or my latest one , another girl in work went a few months ago and was telling me about the new firework display when the park closes??? Its called Dreams!! And today another collegue was asking about my hol and said she cant afford Florida so she might have to settle for DLP! Grrrr

Yesss, that bugs me too, I know exactly what you mean! "The pirate one from the film" HOW DARE THEY  :evil: I hate when people say they have to settle for DLP, I used to work at the Disney Store and whenever I got into conversations about the parks with guests, they would always say "Ugh you don't want to be wasting your time there, spend your money somewhere worthwhile and go to WDW", it was quite hard to explain to people that DLP is always my first choice, they don't seem to understand - that's why I'm so glad everyone on here 'gets' it! :D

SwipatronSparks

ooh that really irks me when people tell me I have 'got' to go to WDW instead of DLRP my answer is usually just a look and a 'what do you know know' kind of response especially when some of the people who have given me that response haven't set foot in a Disney park in their life! something else that really rubs me the wrong way is when I say I am going back to Disney and they say something along the lines of 'ooooh the one in Florida?' and when I say no the Paris one they just give me a strange look..... and when people compare the two when they have never been to both saying Florida is better than the Paris one when really they don't know if they are or not (I with hold judgement, I have not been to both and will not compare them until I have been besides I will be forever bias to DLRP's side I have grown up going there it will always be the best :P )

ok rant over....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"ooh that really irks me when people tell me I have 'got' to go to WDW instead of DLRP my answer is usually just a look and a 'what do you know know' kind of response especially when some of the people who have given me that response haven't set foot in a Disney park in their life! something else that really rubs me the wrong way is when I say I am going back to Disney and they say something along the lines of 'ooooh the one in Florida?' and when I say no the Paris one they just give me a strange look..... and when people compare the two when they have never been to both saying Florida is better than the Paris one when really they don't know if they are or not (I with hold judgement, I have not been to both and will not compare them until I have been besides I will be forever bias to DLRP's side I have grown up going there it will always be the best :P )

ok rant over....

Swipatron I feel the exact same! And I too have yet to visit WDW so I can't exactly make the comparison for definite...but somehow I just KNOW that DLP is the park for me and that the others wouldn't quite feel the same, even if they were absolutely amazing. I think it's a nostalgia thing about DLP?

And WDW seems so very big that I worry I wouldn't quite get the same vibe from it, like DLP has quiet times and stuff, I just imagine WDW as being busy all the time and being a bit too full-on. Although I suppose it's unfair for me to be judging it without having been :)

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "geekyjo"Swipatron I feel the exact same! And I too have yet to visit WDW so I can't exactly make the comparison for definite...but somehow I just KNOW that DLP is the park for me and that the others wouldn't quite feel the same, even if they were absolutely amazing. I think it's a nostalgia thing about DLP?

And WDW seems so very big that I worry I wouldn't quite get the same vibe from it, like DLP has quiet times and stuff, I just imagine WDW as being busy all the time and being a bit too full-on. Although I suppose it's unfair for me to be judging it without having been :)

this right here pretty much explains my point of view to the letter.... you know what they say..... great minds think alike.... who else joins us?  :D
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

AislingM

I join you! Whilst I def wouldnt turn down a trip to WDW ( euromillions maybe??) it just dosent hold the same appeal. Im like you , I grew up going to DLP so its always going to hold a special place for me! And the french element just adds a touch of extra magic and class I think. Here is a good one I got today. " How was Eurodisney Aisling? Does that one have the Harry Potter ride like the one in Florida?"  Oh. Mon. Dieu. Speechless I was!
Newport Bay May 2002
Newport Bay November 14

RockNRoller

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"
Quote from: "geekyjo"this right here pretty much explains my point of view to the letter.... you know what they say..... great minds think alike.... who else joins us?  :D

I'll join you too, Ive never been to any other park, my love of Disney parks really started when they opened DLRP, Ive watched the park grow over the last 20 years and as it has so has my appreciation of it. I know I'll never get to America and I dont care. Its hard to explain but it feels like Ive been part of the park as its grown up and I look forwards to being part of it as it continues to grow.

ps as of tomorrow my ring tone will be "Chant Cest Noel" hey its Christmas  :lol:

Freddiesdad

Just changed my ringtone for the season...Roll on the 15th
Just like we dreamed it