Why hasn't the little mermaid musical come to london yet?

Started by BigDisneyFn, October 01, 2012, 10:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDisneyFn

Quote from: "Rocketeer"
Quote from: "ed-uk"Please bring back Mary Poppins, that was my favourite. I would like to see a stage production of Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. There was a production in Germany which was very successful called Der Glockner Von Notre Dame and talk that the show would go to Broadway, but it never happened.

I agree, I'd love to see a West End version of Hunchback, but I guess that ship has sailed. Especially now they've moved on to Aladdin.

Poppins was great though, I'd have a tough time choosing between it and Beauty and the Beast.

And I really do hope they bring Newsies over here. that looks like a fantastic show.
EDIT: Just found out they are hoping to bring Newsies over late '13 / early '14 (pending theatre availability) I'm ecstatic! .  =D>  :lol:  :D/

Apparently Billy eliot is leaving the apollo theatre in london this yr to tour next yr so perhaps NEWSIES could be coming to this theatre who knows ????????

Apparently Billy Elliot is closing in london this year to go on tour next year, tour might start in Cardiff so perhaps Newsies could be going into the apollo theatre after billy leaves who knows???????

Columbiad

Quote from: "BigDisneyFn"Apparently Billy eliot is leaving the apollo theatre in london this yr to tour next yr so perhaps NEWSIES could be coming to this theatre who knows ????????

Apparently Billy Elliot is closing in london this year to go on tour next year, tour might start in Cardiff so perhaps Newsies could be going into the apollo theatre after billy leaves who knows???????

Hi BigDisneyFn,

Billy Elliot is still going fairly strong in London, and they've made no mention of it closing any time soon. You can still book tickets right up to December 31st 2013.  The Broadway production closed earlier this year - perhaps you're getting confused.

And Billy Elliot is currently playing in the Victoria Palace Theatre in London, not the Apollo Victoria Theatre. Make sure to double check your facts before posting rumours  :thumbs:

BigDisneyFn

Quote from: "Columbiad"
Quote from: "BigDisneyFn"Apparently Billy eliot is leaving the apollo theatre in london this yr to tour next yr so perhaps NEWSIES could be coming to this theatre who knows ????????

Hi BigDisneyFn,

Billy Elliot is still going fairly strong in London, and they've made no mention of it closing any time soon. You can still book tickets right up to December 31st 2013.  The Broadway production closed earlier this year - perhaps you're getting confused.

And Billy Elliot is currently playing in the Victoria Palace Theatre in London, not the Apollo Victoria Theatre. Make sure to double check your facts before posting rumours  :thumbs:

Sorry about that I have read the rumors on the whats on stage forum and I think the show is doing to well to leave aswell I think PHANTOM AND LES MIZ AND WICKED, LION KING AND BILLY ELIOT could be around for a while. Perhaps billy could have a new set and tour with that next yr while it's still running in london.
I got the theatre's confused I was listning to the WICKED cast recording (TEAM ELPHABA FOREVER) while writting this sorry about the confusion x
I can see billy doing well on tour but I'm still thinking where NEWSIES could be going I know it might not come over here yet but I've created another thread for NEWSIES thanks ever so much :)

BigDisneyFn

any way back to mermaid I think if the producers EVER bring this over it would probably go into a medium size theatre or tour first

BigDisneyFn

Hi BigDisneyFn,

Newsies might go into the picadelly theatre which is currently home to VIVA FOREVER THE SPICE GIRLS MUSICAL!!!
And could open as early as next feb/ March.
Found it out on whats on stage as they where discussing viva forever

Here is the source of info ;)

http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/#!/bo ... e__st__580

BigDisneyFn

Hi BigDisneyFn,

Newsies might go into the picadelly theatre which is currently home to VIVA FOREVER THE SPICE GIRLS MUSICAL!!!
And could open as early as next feb/ March.
Found it out on whats on stage as they where discussing viva forever

Here is the source of info ;)

http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/#!/bo ... e__st__580

BigDisneyFn

NEWSIES IS IN TALKS WITH AGT TICKETS TO BRING IT ACROSS THE POND   :D

BigDisneyFn

Quote from: "Rocketeer"
Quote from: "ed-uk"Please bring back Mary Poppins, that was my favourite. I would like to see a stage production of Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. There was a production in Germany which was very successful called Der Glockner Von Notre Dame and talk that the show would go to Broadway, but it never happened.

I agree, I'd love to see a West End version of Hunchback, but I guess that ship has sailed. Especially now they've moved on to Aladdin.

Poppins was great though, I'd have a tough time choosing between it and Beauty and the Beast.

And I really do hope they bring Newsies over here. that looks like a fantastic show.
EDIT: Just found out they are hoping to bring Newsies over late '13 / early '14 (pending theatre availability) I'm ecstatic! .  =D>  :lol:  :D/

NEWSIES
WILL OPEN AT THE SAVOY THEATRE
MARCH 2014
http://www.whatsonstage.com/board/index ... ge__st__30

Disneytheatrefan

I've recently heard rumours that The Little Mermaid may now at last be coming to London. Does anyone have anything more concrete?