Vegetarian Dining - any recommendations??

Started by lollipop, September 12, 2012, 11:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lollipop

Just anticipating the long awaited trip to DLP - and the lack of vegetarian food in Paris...
We're both veggie (no meat or fish, eat eggs and cheese), staying in the Hotel New York and I was wondering if anyone has tried the Manhattan restaurant and how they found their vegetarian options? They sound  quite decent on the menu, as do the ones on the Walt's Diner - any recommendations or experiences of these would be great as we really struggled to find food last time for vegetarians in Paris! :/

Eveline

Hi there
We're both veggie too & heading to Hotel New York next month. Haven't eaten there before but had wonderful vegetarian meals in Cafe Mickey and Rainforest Cafe on our last stay.

lollipop

Hi Eveline,

Thanks for that - we were thinking of giving cafe mickey a try so will probably go there at some point. Think we ate at Rainforest cafe last time and had some pretty decent pasta and pizza if it's the one I'm thinking of! I've booked into the Buffalo Bill show, apparently they do veggie options there on request so we will see if it's any good (got a deal for it off the French DLP website at 30 euros each)!

Will let you know how we find the Hotel New York restaurant if we end up eating there :)

never2old

Most restaurants offer vegetarian options, but particularly in the fast food places they get quite boring soon (unless you can eat pizza marguerita and omeletter burger all day...)

My husband used to be vegetarian, and we found the food in most table service restaurants quite good (Blue Lagoon was his favourite) In the buffet restaurants they also have veggy options, and the CM were usually quite helpful in telling him details about particular dishes he wasn't sure about; Agrabah Cafe has a great selection, you should definitely try it out!

lollipop

Thanks never2old - will have a look at Blue Lagoon. I know what you mean, I had the tomatoey pasta and pizza options in the park when I went last time but we never tried any of the restaurants for tea... think it would be pretty grim having food at the fast food type places all of the time!

Will definitely try Agrabah Cafe as loads of people are saying that is a good buffet for vegetarians (and I love Aladdin)! Only 2 sleeps to Disney - excited!!!

Eveline

Had lovely vegetarian chilli & cornbread at Buffalo Bill show last time. Hope you have a great trip & keep us posted when you get home.

never2old

Have a great time!! :D