Pete's Dragon's Near Perfect Trip Report : Finished !!

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 06, 2012, 03:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackPearl

Great continuation of your first days. I love the Paris pictures, especially the one of the Eiffel Tower shot by your son Joshua  :D

Pete's Dragon

Here's another weird one he took

never2old

Someone should warn the parisians that their tower is a bit wobbly :D

Excellent report PD and a great, fun read, I've had a few strange looks from my colleages while reading it... (note to self: do not read PD trip reports in the office until mastering the art of the silent giggle....)

Reading it makes me want to go for a long stay like yours, to take the time to enjoy the parks without rushing and even go to Paris... We always go for 1 or 2 nights and it's Disney Disney Disney from dusk til dawn... Or course that may change once we start going with our little one!

You do know some of us are Spanish, right? ;)

Looking forward to more :)

petals

luvin the update.. Looks like the Eiffel Tower is melting under the sun there!

Javey74

Yes great update PD, very informative in your ever funny way..  :mrgreen:

I think you need to contact the French Health & Safety board and ask them to take a good look at some of their structures..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

SVioletS

Love your trip reports! You have a beautiful family! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "never2old"You do know some of us are Spanish, right? ;)

Looking forward to more :)

Yes. and you's have some lovely unicorns  8)

Pete's Dragon

Sunday 2nd September - Lights, Camera, Wait !

Wow, our first late start of the holiday - 10am !!! Now the the main park was pretty much done and dusted it was time to venture to the Walt Disney Studio. Now I've always said that if you are going to make the most out of WDS you need to make a plan with military precision. Too many times we've wasted most of the day walking to Cinemagique only to find it started 5 minutes ago, so you walk to Stitch to find it's in French, then you head to Animagique only to discover that you could have made the show if you hadn't checked out Stitch. To make matters worse there aren't enough high capacity rides. You could queue for 50 minutes for Crush's Coaster but a minute longer and the Stunt Show will have started.  Sound familiar ??

Sadly I didn't follow my own advice. No forward planning, still the laid back approach which was a mistake. First thing we did was to Fastpass Rock n Rollercoaster. We had convinced Elisha that if she could handle BTM and Crush's Coaster she would love this too. OMG, are people soooooo stupid that they can't comprehend how a Fastpass machine works ? Slide you park pass down the reader, take the Fastpass, walk away. The woman in front of me tried and tried and tried and tried but couldn't get her head around this simple concept. She was sticking her park pass in the slot where the fastpass comes out. The first chance I got I slide in front of her family members and showed her using my passport. Instead of saying thank you, she tried to take my tickets !! Don't think so.

Luckily I was still in time for Cinemagique. I'll be totally honest I had every intention of filming the show for personal use. I make no apologies for this. If they would only release the thing on DVD ...... I sat the camera on my knee, turned off the viewscreen and managed to get the first 5 minutes. But the CM were wandering back and forward and getting too close for comfort so I abandoned that plan :-( Although it didn't stop me from taking some sneaky pictures

As Arnie said, I'll be back ! It was now time for RnRC !!

I think she's changing her mind

Elisha wanted to sit beside me. The CM put us right at the front, which didn't go down too well with Elisha. 3-2-1 Go !!!
Because of the noise and the darkness I wasn't sure if she was enjoying the ride or not. She wasn't. The catapult start had been faster than she had expected and she was nearly in tears when she came off. Solution: a pair of sparkly Minnie Mouse ears and a piggy back from a really sweet and caring big brother. Bless him, he was really concerned. As the Fastpass queue was pretty light, I got another set of tickets.

What next? Armageddon and Stunt Show were a definite no as they had been done to death on previous visits. Tram Tour - 90 mins !!! We kept walking around to Toy Story Playland and found even more ridiculous waiting times for RC Racer and the Parachute Drop. Slinky Dog (yawn) was only 25mins so hopefully we could catch the next show of Animagique when we were finished. Luckily we had 10mins to spare to we headed over and ..... DONALD, AND DAISY!!!!
Jeez, my kids can run. And my daughter is a master of weaving through a crowd of parents and kids.  Once she get to the front she then points to Joshua. I often wonder if they planned this technique before bedtime :-k

Still time for Animagique and a few more sneaky pics.

We then headed for lunch in Studio 1. As it was busy my family went and found a table, leaving me to carry 2 large, heavy trays which nearly got dropped because of scampering kids running into me. Afterwards we decided to try for Stitch, but there were more random Characters out and about - princesses, 3 no less. Aurora, Snowy and Cinders. Sadly they were all just about to leave, and even Elisha's snake-hip couldn't get her near enough to them. But she was happy enough just looking at them.

When we checked the board it said the next 3 shows for Stitch were all in French. I asked the CM standing there and her said the next English show wasn't for another 2 hours. Really? The fastpasses for RnRC were for another 45mins time so we let the kids loose in the Art of Animation building.

As Elisha didn't fancy RnRc me and Joshua had 2 goes in a row. On the way back to meet the girls I spotted Chip and Dale and No Queues whatsoever. Had no-one else spotted them?!?! Sweet, my favourites ! I tried to get a photo with them by myself but the kids wouldn't move and kicking them out of the way just didn't seem socially acceptable. Ah well, I suppose.

Yes, I am a big kid

I've said it before and I'll say it again, big kid.

The final show of Cinemagique for the day was about to start. Why not. I really, really love this show. And I'm so glad that they've updated it and kept it fresh. Long may George never find his bags !

We headed back to the hotel for a little rest. I phoned the booking hotline and tried for Plaza Gardens. The only available time was 6:45pm which was perfect as the next bus was at 6:25 ! After dinner we had a quick spin around Discoverland: Buzz, Orbitron, Star Tours and finally Buzz again. I really wanted to try Autopia but they were in the process of getting the last visitors off for the day. Dang, and it's gonna be closed the rest of our trip.

We headed for the hotel when Elisha dropped a bombshell on us. Tomorrow she wanted to see the Princesses and go back on Rock N Roller Coaster. Umm, sure  :?

Question: Where is this old relic of days gone by?

SwipatronSparks

thats on the side of the lam posts right....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Pete's Dragon

Which lamp post ?

never2old

That's on the lamp posts around the Lake Disney. I think that's the third one starting from Cafe Mickey going towards the New York. Maybe the fourth  :-k  

Another great day! And only our sneaky PD could take pictures in Cinemagique... And Animagique!! Excellent pictures there, by the way. Not that I'm encouraging you in any way... ;)

I've never seen any princesses around the Studios!! Nice to see them there :D

First ride on RnRC and on the first row?!?! Elisha is very brave if she even considered going on it again!!! It took me many many many rides to even try sitting on the first row!!

SwipatronSparks

hm.... i'm sure they are main streets lamp posts....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "never2old"That's on the lamp posts around the Lake Disney. I think that's the third one starting from Cafe Mickey going towards the New York. Maybe the fourth  :-k  

Another great day! And only our sneaky PD could take pictures in Cinemagique... And Animagique!! Excellent pictures there, by the way. Not that I'm encouraging you in any way... ;)

I've never seen any princesses around the Studios!! Nice to see them there :D

First ride on RnRC and on the first row?!?! Elisha is very brave if she even considered going on it again!!! It took me many many many rides to even try sitting on the first row!!

If only you had said third one starting from Cafe Mickey going towards the Earl of Sandwich you would have been spot on. Also it would have been extremely worrying that you have detailed knowledge - perhaps even pet names - for the lamp posts.

Joshua, Elisha and err Derek in the middle  :?

never2old

Dereck is a good name... I'll try to go and say hi from you all next week!!

Javey74

Wow.. Donald and Daisy together, now that I have never seen before..  :shock:  :shock: