Disney Summer 31st Aug-3rd Sept.

Started by kelly.dylan, September 05, 2012, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly.dylan

Hi All,

So we're back from another lovely trip. Our first time during the summer season and first eperience of Disney Dreams!

We had a lovely time and even though I knew how busy it would be I was still shocked at the amount of people in the parks!

We didn't do many rides as the queues were so long but as we've done most of them before it was nice to just be able to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the sunshine.

Disney Dreams was amazing, well worth the hours wait after finding our spot!

And thanks to helpful advice from forum member Elaine our ReR journeys was a piece of cake.  If anyone is thinking of going as cheap as possible staying outside of Disney and getting the train it is so easy!!  

We also got our Annual Passes this trip and have booked flights back to Disney on 11th-13th Oct  :D

I have posted some pics on facebook, hopefully you'll be able to see them with these links....

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 571&type=3

Kelly x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Hi^^ :)

Great Photos^^ :) It's amazing how many characters you've met^^ the only characters we've met back in June, were those in Cafe Mickey and the ones placed in the official programme... :/ ... Maybe because it was still out of season by then...

I'm a little jealous :P ... not only because of the characters, but because of the annual passports ;)

So have a great time in october!!!

...and at christmas... and at your birthday^^ :(  ;)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

kelly.dylan

Ah thank you! I wish we had got annual passes before now, we've saved the cost of them already by staying offsite so well worth it :)
We seem to be lucky with characters ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Martin B

Good to see you had a great trip.

I always love reading your reports/looking at your pics.

We've booked a trip for February and we read one of your february trip reports to see what weather, characters etc. would be like. It was the one where eeyore recognised Dylan from the forum pictures!! :thumbs:
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

Martin B

Also, you got to meet Hyacinth!! Way to go!
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Martin  B"Good to see you had a great trip.

I always love reading your reports/looking at your pics.

We've booked a trip for February and we read one of your february trip reports to see what weather, characters etc. would be like. It was the one where eeyore recognised Dylan from the forum pictures!! :thumbs:
Ah that was Alfie, we saw him in the parade again this trip and he came over and said hi briefly!  We saw Hyacinth in the Disneyland Hotel during the little show on the stairs. If you get the chance its definately worth going to see. It's 4pm Thursday-Sunday and we saw Pinocchio, Eeyore, Geppetto, Hyacinth & Pluto with so few people wanting pictures it's much more civilised than in the park! When in February are you going?
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Martin B

Our next 2 trips are:

4 night/5 days October 15th - October 19th
4 night/ 5 days February 11th - February 15th.

We'll be there for Valentine's day so hopefully we'll meet some cool characters, or at least a couple anyway.

We've never bothered with the DLH mini-show before, but we will be this time. We will only see it twice on each trip due to it being off peak and thursday-sunday. However, we will be going to the hotel to meet characters throughout the day and will be checking the sets and asking cast members regularly!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Martin  B"Our next 2 trips are:

4 night/5 days October 15th - October 19th
4 night/ 5 days February 11th - February 15th.

We'll be there for Valentine's day so hopefully we'll meet some cool characters, or at least a couple anyway.

We've never bothered with the DLH mini-show before, but we will be this time. We will only see it twice on each trip due to it being off peak and thursday-sunday. However, we will be going to the hotel to meet characters throughout the day and will be checking the sets and asking cast members regularly!
Ah we'll just miss you in Oct then. Im hoping it will be a bit more 'Halloweeny' than last year, have heard the pumpkin people may be making a return! I've seen pictures somewhere from Valentines day with Mickey & Minnie in fancy outfits. We always pop in the DLH on the occasional morning for character photos outside Inventions but this trip they also had them floating about reception too!
We seemed to bump into characters around Star Tours too on our last few trips, Stitch aong with chip, dale, goofy & Mickey in their space type outfits. There was also The mad hatter, Alice, The Queen of Hearts & The Tweedles near the Labyrinth during the day too. None of them were listed on the programme though! Halloween is good for unusual characters & Villains. Have a fab time x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Martin B

Thanks very much.

I hope you have a great time too.

We have been doing a bit of digging and Valentine's day characters can include Suzy, Perla, Jaq, Gus, Esmerelda, Quasimodo, Launchpad, Bernard, Bianca and anybody inbetween as well as Mickey and Minnie in those cute outfits you said. I'd love to meet Bernard and Bianca, they are adorable!

petals

luvin all the pics  :thumbs:

mickeyspal

Nice report Kelly; love the photos especially Fantillusions & Dreams :thumbs:  I never get decent ones as too many heads suddenly appear just as I think I'm safe to take the photo. never mind it's good to see other's photos bringing back nice memories;  yours are fab and it's nice to see Dylan :minnie:
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "mickeyspal"Nice report Kelly; love the photos especially Fantillusions & Dreams :thumbs:  I never get decent ones as too many heads suddenly appear just as I think I'm safe to take the photo. never mind it's good to see other's photos bringing back nice memories;  yours are fab and it's nice to see Dylan :minnie:
Thank you! Don't worry I have plenty of photos with people's heads suddenly appearing! Haha! I take so many pictures! But like you say it's nice to have memories to look back on! I always do an album after every trip just so that we can sit and look at them together! :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Martin B

We do an album too. Nice to have physical memories in print rather than on a memory stick or laptop.

:0)

Aurora1

HI there,
unfortunatly I couldn`t look at the picture. Still not on facebook. :oops:
But how much has Dylan grown since last year!?!

Maybe we`ll see in octobre, we`ll be there till the 12th. Or should we try to meet at some point? Would be great to see you both again!

Aurora1

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Aurora1"HI there,
unfortunatly I couldn`t look at the picture. Still not on facebook. :oops:
But how much has Dylan grown since last year!?!

Maybe we`ll see in octobre, we`ll be there till the 12th. Or should we try to meet at some point? Would be great to see you both again!

Aurora1

Would be lovely to meet up again, what time do you leave on the 12th?  :D

Shame you cant look at the pics, Dylan is taller than me now!! Very scary how he's growing up so fast :(  I should post a few on here really just had no time since we've been back so thought i'd be lazy and just link to facebook :oops:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad