Our Disneyland Paris Trip Report

Started by Gonda01, February 28, 2023, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonda01

Travelling
We travelled from Poland via Atob Transfer all the way to the place. We also had the Disney Express check-in service : useful for luggage, especially on the last day when we left it there and enjoyed the park until we had to go. When we arrived we realised we still had to go to the hotel because City Hall was rubbish, frankly, so we went to get our priority cards and activate the pass for the photos.

Food review at Disneyland Paris
We had a half board meal plan booked in advance and upgraded 2 of these meals to a princess dinner at Auberge de Cendrillon and a character breakfast at Plaza Gardens .
The food and atmosphere at Bistrot Chez Rémy's was by far our favourite meal. My teenage son had the vegetable stew with plant-based meatballs - he's a meat lover and really enjoyed this dish. I had fried cod and mashed potatoes and they were delicious!
Captain Jack had his second day dinner and although the food was good and the restaurant looked good, it was very dark. Either I need new readers or they need to change the writing on the menu in small black scribbles because I could barely read! I had smoked chicken and veg salad and chicken and prawns with rice. I wasn't thrilled with their desserts and we had them all at the table, which nobody liked. Of course, I also indulged in a lovely cocktail.
Auberge de Cendrillon was lovely: I had warm scallops and cauliflower, beef casserole in red wine sauce (with the best mashed cheese!), Again, our table was not hyped for desserts, but we also had birthday cake.
The Plaza Gardens character breakfast started off beautifully: the food was the standard hotel buffet style breakfast (which we all enjoyed every time) and the characters rotated around parts of the crowded restaurant. Tiger was cute and kept poking his nose into my phone while I took selfies. Rabbit was also cute, as was Pinocchio , and Geppetto loved our Pinocchio tops.
One of the downsides of this experience was that we felt Captain Hook was so rude. At first we thought he was cocky as a villain, but he almost wouldn't let us take photos, which meant most of our group missed out, and kept pushing me away, using his hands to hurry up (after 1 photo) and would just quickly move on. It was quite frustrating, so I told a member of staff, who turned out to be the restaurant manager, about it. She was horrified but quickly made peace with us ; she did offer to take us back for a free dinner, but it was our last day, so instead she sent us straight to Mickey's as we hadn't met him yet, and arranged for us to go without queuing.
I'm a foodie - the 30th anniversary snacks are really nice if you like that sort of thing. The beignets are oh-so-delicious . I had a chocolate one and I really wish I had taken it on the last day before the train home because I could have eaten so many more!
Using Priority Pass at Disneyland Paris
As a group, we had 2 priority cards , and it was honestly a God-send. I don't know if we were just lucky, as some of the people we spoke to in the queues reported problems with return times etc. D., But we highlighted our cards on the main access line and almost immediately got all the rides we wanted. We ended up going through Hyperspace Mountain 4 times, at one point we rode twice within 15 minutes because it was my son's favourite thing to do. The only attraction we had time to go back for was to meet Stitch. Now Stitch is my son's favourite, so this was an absolute priority for us , and our time was an hour after we got in line. In the meantime we rode around in the meantime to keep him occupied. Stitch was very popular.
My boy has autism and ADHD and it saved my life. We also used the priority areas for parades and illuminations , as well as for the breakfast queue at the hotel.
;D  ;D
Parades, weather and illuminations
The weather was gorgeous, and although the parks were always full, I didn't think they were too busy - until the night we stayed for the illuminations! It was a tough one!
A little tip: If you want to watch it but don't want to deal with the crowds and young children going to bed so late, I'm pretty sure it's on Disney + - when it started I realised I'd seen it a few times.
The 30th anniversary parade is amazing , I don't know the words as they are mostly in French (well, there are familiar Disney songs from movies in English, but the 30th anniversary bit is in French), but that didn't stop us dancing and trying to sing along! We had so much fun with them, especially with the baby in our group!

That's the kind of trip it turned out to be! 8)