Best Buffet on a budget?

Started by thatgirlkatie, July 10, 2012, 06:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatgirlkatie

Just wanted peoples advice on which they think the best buffet is. I'd quite like to eat there on the first night we get there, just wondered what people thought :) Bare in mind, we're both poor students so we don't really want to pay over €40 pp :)
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

ed-uk

Plaza Gardens is my favourite for the buffet and atmosphere, the Agrabah Cafe in Adventeurland, great themeing and popular with people on the forum, also Restaurant of the Stars in the Studios, but some people haven't liked the service. Not sure how much any of this would cost, but I hope it will come in under 40 Euros pp.
Ed & David

Epcot_Boy

The la Grange (Billy Bobs) in the village is not bad.

Have a look here..............//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/la-grange-at-billy-bobs/

David

never2old

My favorite is Agrabah Cafe, is one of the best restaurants in the resort and great value. The food is delicious and the theming brilliant. For us no visit to Disneyland is complete without one meal there ;)

Pete's Dragon

Lunch - Agrabah

Dinner - Billy Bobs, great selecting of dishes and desserts. All for about €28  :thumbs:

esmeralda

I'm curious about buffet restaurants too. What food can i expect at Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe?
Julia

ed-uk

It's quite a wide selection of food, hot and cold. Meat, chicken, salads, cheese, cakes, deserts etc. I haven't got an up to date menu, and I can't name you the dishes. The Agrabah cafe is popular with some vegitarians apparently, but they have meat and crepes for desert; I love their mint tea. I like the all you can eat buffets and think that they're good value for money.
Ed & David

esmeralda

But Agrabah Cafe only offers african or arabian spiced food?
Julia

ed-uk

Quote from: esmeraldaBut Agrabah Cafe only offers african or arabian spiced food?[/quote

I think so, Arabian food fits into the theme of the restaurant. I know they have crepes for desert, are they Arabian?
Ed & David

esmeralda

@ ed-uk: As far as i know crepes are french,aren't they? I'm simply asking, cause we're not into exotic food, therefore probably we'll try Plaza Gardens. Usually we prefer counter restaurants but they might be closed in the evenings as i've read...We'll see. But thanks for your help!
Julia

ed-uk

Quote from: "esmeralda"@ ed-uk: As far as i know crepes are french,aren't they? I'm simply asking, cause we're not into exotic food, therefore probably we'll try Plaza Gardens. Usually we prefer counter restaurants but they might be closed in the evenings as i've read...We'll see. But thanks for your help!

Plaza Gardens would be my first choice, too :thumbs: . Agrabah Cafe is worth a try, the food isn't very hot and spicey. :D
Ed & David

thatgirlkatie

Thank you everyone for your answers :) Will hopefully try Plaza Gardens, it doesn't seem to expensive consider you can get unlimited drinks :)
"To live would be an awfully big adventure" - Peter Pan.

ed-uk

I should put in a better word for Agrabah Cafe having dined there this week. I think I may have given the impression that the food was Arabian when I should of called it  Mediterranean cuisine, also serving meat balls and pasta, Moussaka and Couscous etc, and not just Arabian food. In fact I enjoyed it a little more than Plaza Gardens this this time around.
Ed & David

grovesie

Have you thought about one of the buffets from one of the hotels? We have tried the buffet at Cheyenne and found it to be in expensive and offer a wide range of food. Cost approx 26 Euros plus drinks.