Completely magical trip 4- 8th of June

Started by Tinkswishes28, June 09, 2012, 10:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkswishes28

Monday 4th June , we arrived in the hotel by 3.30 with a couple of hiccups. When I checked in to Hotel Cheyenne, they had no record of my dinner reservations that I had made for the whole week, and they forgot to give us are breakfast passes, despite myself asking for times . I did not dwell on that , brushed it of and we all went straight to Disneyland Park, Magic Kingdom.

As we were walking through the Fantasia gardens leading to the enterance of Mainstreet, we were overcome with emotion. My little girl who is 5 , yelled "mummy its the castle!". We took the grandparents with us and they were very impressed with the parks.

We rode ISWA first, and it was as lovely as I remebered . We then rode, snow whites scary adventures. I wish this ride was a fraction slower so you can take in all of the small details. Then it was time to eat, we went to Agrabah. the food and setting was lovely. Lots of choice. then it was time for the sleeping dragon under the castle. This may well have been a mistake to show my daughter Jen straight away as we spent a good 3-4 hours of our week within the cave. Although admittingly each time i noticed another small detail.

I very cruelly made everyone stay up to watch dreams. we managed to grab a spot on Caseys Corner which was perfect. We were all moved by Dreams, and its a definate must do for everyone. In fact the grandparents were so impressed they went again another night on their own.

I wont go through every day, but I will say that every single restaurant we went to blew us away, especially The Blue Lagoon, the attention to detail was fantastic. I went on my holiday very apprehensive as I had read bad reviews, but Disneyland Paris blew away my expectations and was fantastic. We live in the uk and go to Paultons park and Legoland Windsor all the time but nothing compares to it. The magic is there, if you let it and if you dont let small problems put you off ,like my check in and dinner reservation experience. We had fantastic experience with all of the cast members we met. They were all so helpful and friendly, and made a big fuss of Jen. We did try a little French, so maybe that was appreciated ? Would I go back? Yes in a heartbeat. :D/  =D>
2005 DLRP

jonathan

Glad you had a good time.  As for bad reviews-sadly some people have a bad experience and they give a bad review which is fair enough.  However some of the 'bad' reviews I read often appear to be made by people who seem determined NOT to have a good time lol.

Its always best to go with an open mind and have an experoence thats all your own just like you did.  :D

mdw

Hi what sort of food was in Agrabah please?

Tinkswishes28

Quote from: "mdw"Hi what sort of food was in Agrabah please?

Agrabah was lovely, a wide range of choice from lasange, pasta, couscous, rice , meatballs, lemon chicken, sausages, soup, salads, massive fruit platers, wonderfull cakes and pasteries. There was loads more too, but I can't remeber sorry.

I would througly recommend Blue lagoon too. Both restaurants are fantastic for vegetarians
2005 DLRP

MrsPirate

You sound like a true Disney convert :thumbs:  

I'm glad you had an amazing time despite a few problems. You're right, don't let the little things spoil everything else.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

mdw

Hi just noticed u r from Hampshire :-) how do u travel to Disney Paris?

Tinkswishes28

we flew , but if we ever got to go again I would go by eurostar , as navigating cdg airport is stressfull! x
2005 DLRP

mdw

Booked eurostar thanks!