Main Street Electrical Parade

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, June 07, 2012, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

And what a spectacular parade it was!  :D  :thumbs:

Does anyone remember it and do they have any plans to bring it back?

Classic DLRP right there :D/

mickeyspal

I remember the parade, best memory of the Electrical Parade was in 1997 during the 5th Anniversary; it looked great against the backdrop of the castle which was dressed up with jester hats from "The Hunchback Notre Dame". My favourites were the Swans but they weren't always in the parade, Pete's Dragon & then the bugs which made strange noises; the music was a bit insane, but it is memorable. It is still one of my favourites and would love to see it back in DLP. [-o<  :D
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

jonathan

I remember it in Florida :D

Riebi

I remember the parade quiet well. It was the first parade and nighttime thing I saw in my life. and I was much smaller.then today  ;) I loved it. And I think that was one of the thing that made me to a dlp fan. And its nice that you can see the EP still today at california.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Thaliel

BEST PARADE. EVER!
I enjoyed it everytime I saw it and was really sad when it disappeared. I even have the main BGM "Baroque Hoedown" as my mobile ringtone. My fav parts were the snails/turtles, the swans and the Blue Fairy at the very beginning.
<-Plz click

justjes

Oh Yes I totally remember. It was the first night parade I ever saw and I was so impressed. (I also saw it in Florida last year and it´s still beautifull.) I especialley liked it when suddenly all the lights went out and that robot like voice began to speak, the main street electrical parade followed by the first tones of the music.  :lol:

coruscantpt

Here is a video I took in 1994, during the summer season :D

[youtube:xo9q5j3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SknZvN7TYk[/youtube:xo9q5j3c]
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Riebi

Wow! Bit like beeing a child again. thank you for posting that.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ed-uk

Thanks for posting, the video brings back some happy memories and how impressed I was when I saw MSEP. Now I like Fantillusion by far the best. The music from Fantillusion is my favourite from the parades.
Ed & David

Thaliel

*bops head along to the music* I cannot help it, that music just makes me happy instantly, the only other titles that ever achieved that were Just like we dreamed it, Need Magic and Tous en train (which I still have not found a decent mp3 of)
<-Plz click

sstonk

it was my favourite parade too,i doubt dlp would bring it back though, they don't seem to add new stuff very often.
there are three types of people in the world. the will\'s the won\'t\'s and the can\'t\'s.
the will\'s accomplish everything,the won\'t\'s appose everything and the can\'t\'s won\'t try anyhing.--v.i.n.cent (the black hole 1979)

DisneyDancer92

I unfortunately never saw it, as we allways visited in the lowseason back when I was younger :/ I feel like I have watched it many times though, due to a souvenier video I got at my first trip at 8 (back in the day where such vids were the only window to places far away)- I was allways really fascinated by the "Electrical parade" clips- it looked so beautifull :D
I adored Fantillusion though-so Im reall sad that its not there anymore no matter how beautifull "Dreams" is :( I often use the music to pratice ballet-technique at home (it has a nice beat while still being classical)- its so beautifull! :D I really hope theyll bring it back someday (or something similar) :)

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

DisneyDancer92

OH MY GOODNESS! :D Just realised that Fantillusion isnt gone at all!! I am so happy now- makes me look forward to going even more :D

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

gldc

I too favour Fantillusion. It makes my day every time I'm there, even more so than Disney Dreams.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

britincgn

Big mistake not bringing it back for the 20th in my opinion .