Disney Global Studios

Started by Josh, June 06, 2012, 10:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

This is just yet another idea for a WDSP expansion, but I thought I'd share it. :)

At the moment, there's little meaning to the lands of the park -- no coherence. We have the Front Lot and the Back Lot. The only land that has a strong theme is the Toon Studio, where films are made in Toon Town. The Tower of Terror also gave the park's entrance a Hollywood Studio theme, but the area has a lot more potential.

My idea is too give the park a more worldwide scope. Each land could represent film studios from around the world.

The park would be split into two halves. The bottom half would be known as the On Studio area. The top half of the park would be On Location. In the centre would be a lake slightly smaller than the one at Paradise Pier.

• The Toon Studios would be located in the bottom right as it is today.
  • The Front Lot, the ToT area and the areas in front of studios 2 and 3 would become the Hollywood Studios, which would be set in the golden age of Hollywood and feature iconic streets in Hollywood. Hollywood Boulevard itself would be given palm trees and lead up to its centrepiece, which would be located on the other side of the lake.
  • To represent European cinema, I couldn't think of any specific places to sum up the entire industry, so I thought we could have the Cannes Film Festival instead. The area would be themed like sunny Cannes, with a beach next to the lake. Attractions would be based on European films like James Bond, Harry Potter, The Artist and other films I'm too young to have heard of.
  • In the top half would be three lands: Desert, Alpine and Jungle (although Desert and Jungle are too similar to Frontierland and Adventureland, but I couldn't think of anything else). In the centre of the Alpine area would be the Matterhorn, which would have a rollercoaster similar to the one in Disneyland, but with a modern ride system, like with Expedition Everest, and would have a story about trying to film the Yeti. The mountain would be the icon of the park; visible as soon as you exit Studio 1. The other two locations would have tall structures (such as a Pyramid and a Mayan temple) that can be seen from the lake.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dmmosh69

they are some realy good ideas i espeshaly like the cannes film festival area to represet european cinema