Shareholders roundtable events (31st May & 6th June)

Started by gldc, June 02, 2012, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gldc

So the shareholders meeting was on Thursday and there were a lot of new details leaked out and a few minor things too...nothing MAJOR but some nice little bits.

It's all in French here > http://www.disneygazette.fr/forum/actio ... 2-255.html

I've translated it into English on my blog here > http://www.mepipe.com/2012/06/disneylan ... aires.html

Key points if you dont want to click through:
*Villages Nature underway
*Ratatouille to open in 2014
*Disney stores in village to be rethemed
*Expansion of studios until at least 2018 + new hotel at entrance of park possibly
*Disney studios to be rethemed/renamed
*20th anniversary going well
*Super-dream annual passport to be created
*Dreams 98% satisfaction
*Re-designed website nededed

Details on those things are explained in the links.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

ed-uk

Disney studios to be rethemed/renamed. That sounds interesting. Thanks for posting.
Ed & David

dlpfan1992

Dreams 98% sanctification rate!  :thumbs:

Columbiad

Many thanks, gldc! Lots of promise.

Scissorsboi

Quote*Expansion of studios until at least 2018 + new hotel at entrance of park possibly

Does this mean that from now until 2018 we will see expansion at the studios, or that in 2018 we'll see the expansions beginning like the DCA redevelopment? It seems weird that they're saying the Studios are currently expanding, when they aren't really. They're just tacking on small unrelated additions.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Handy Andy

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"
Quote*Expansion of studios until at least 2018 + new hotel at entrance of park possibly

Does this mean that from now until 2018 we will see expansion at the studios, or that in 2018 we'll see the expansions beginning like the DCA redevelopment? It seems weird that they're saying the Studios are currently expanding, when they aren't really. They're just tacking on small unrelated additions.

If they are adding new attractions, surely that's expanding.
Magical Wishes
Andy

jj554

Thank you so much for translating and posting, loads of exciting and promising stuff on the horizon.

The idea of an upper level shareholders club sounds awesome (although I bet you'll have to own quite a few shares)
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

Riebi

sounds interesting. They want to change the theme and name of the studios? Hope they find the money.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Scissorsboi

Quote from: "Handy Andy"
Quote from: "Scissorsboi"

If they are adding new attractions, surely that's expanding.

Not in the sense that California Adventure expanded, they literally tore out everything that wasn't right and made it cohesive and an improvement to the park itself, the added attractions in Paris don't build on the park, they just act as new marketing tools which make the right hand side of the park feel like a mess of themes.

In comparison, Thorpe Park installs new rides which are singularly themed and have their own micro area, Disney is famous for rich and immersive themed lands, and the recent additions to the park fall more into the Thorpe Park category of theming than Disney.

The park itself doesn't feel expanded to me, it feels unfinished. Tower was their last worthwhile addition I'd say, and even that was phased into the park's original design.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Riebi

They simply have to make a bigger makeover one day. all this fixing over the years just give us a park with a lot of little diffrent areas without a bigger background.

|Q|

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"Not in the sense that California Adventure expanded, they literally tore out everything that wasn't right and made it cohesive and an improvement to the park itself,

It's unfair to compare anything to the DCA extreme makeover. An overhaul that huge and expensive has never happened before, and i don't really think will happen again.

Anyway, something like that, with the same timeframe, was being talked some time ago on DCP. Who talked about this was the same people who talked about the Marvel retheming of the backlot area.

Q

Riebi

I think the problem is the same. DCA and WDS had a big big visitor problem. DCA is now on a good way. But WDS not. The diffrence is, that they invested all that money cause it was for them a shame next to disneyland.

On the other side: DCA was even before the big makeover better themed then WDS. I visited the DCA before and during the big makeover and I was a bit surprised. The deepness of theming was at DCA before the makeover like WDS after the big additions of ToT or Toon Studios...

there´s a long way to go.

peter

Maybe such a retheme will take place during a DCA expansion. It would make sense, and I can see this happening eventually.

"disney's Parisian adventure" anyone?

Josh

I love these shareholder meetings. They're the only time we get actual news. XD

I'm mostly excited about seeing what their plans are for the story of the Village and Studios.

But other things that I thought were interesting were the evening tickets for locals to go and see Dreams. Also, it seems that selling the Shopping Mall was a bad idea, because the expansion that the new owners want to give it has no detail or story.

Quote from: "Riebi"I visited the DCA before and during the big makeover and I was a bit surprised.
There are some parts that are REALLY tacky, though. Did you see that shop in Paradise Pier that had a circus tent roof inside with a giant clown holding it up? Plus, the façade for the Monster's Inc ride has some grey supports clearly visible at the side.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

pussinboots

I know I may seem disproportionally interested in Disney Village sometimes, but if I do it's only because the Studios represent such a massive issue that I feel anything I could say would be but a muffled holler in the Grand Canyon of its despair. A new name, a new theme, a hotel? I don't even know where to start.

So once again I will divert my comments toward the Village and ask why on earth the Disney Store would remain in place after the opening of the World of Disney, and why they would actually invest in it to turn it into a new-style Disney Store. Will it become a real Disney Store selling Disney Store merchandise, perhaps? That could actually be interesting...