River Rogue Keelboats gone missing

Started by Anthony, May 24, 2012, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

So we all probably know that River Rogue Keelboats haven't been open for a long while now...

And now, I've just belatedly noticed they're not even listed on the current park map. So no Keelboats from now until at least November, when the current map ends? And since I doubt they'd reopen for winter, no Keelboats for 2012 at all?

I guess refurbishments elsewhere, longer park hours, etc, have their price, especially for a company so deeply in debt, but still it's a shame after such a valiant effort to bring them back from the brink just 5 years ago...

Just thought this shouldn't go unmentioned!

Adam

They've come back once before, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back again!

Epcot_Boy

Well I for one would be saddened if they have finally been scuttled :(  They were a great way to rest my weary feet and let my imagination run wild as I floated down the river through Frontierland ;)

David

Josh

This is a bit off-topic, but why is there a massive floating platform on the river near the Keelboat docks?
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

captain rocket

That's probably the pontoons used for emergency evacuation if the tunnels are not available.

Anthony

Quote from: "Josh"This is a bit off-topic, but why is there a massive floating platform on the river near the Keelboat docks?
They've been there since the Molly Brown "incident" (or possibly before), for riverboat evacuation. They really should be themed or at least hidden by now. Hopefully after the riverboats they'll be able to improve the rivers themselves.

captain rocket

There are several areas that could do with sprucing up, especially the adult moose? with green algae covered horns, just some soapy water would do that I would guess. Litter picking on a regular basis would help and the covered wagon is falling apart. And the biggie, the geysers! How great would it be to see them working again! This is the year of "dreams" and "magic" after all!

CentralPlazaPerson

I hope they don't remove them completely! I've only been on them once in my visits and they really are a hidden gem in Disneyland Park. I think they are a better way to get a real feel of Rivers of the Far West and get up close to scenes along the way. Return the Keelboats! ;)

paterdave2

Well the problem of this hidden gem is that it so well hidden a lot of people don't know where to look for them.
I have been to dlp several times now but never and I mean never ever I saw any sign of the keelboats.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Riebi

Maybe they just have again no captains...i just hope we see them return soon. i.just love this little things. i would also love a return of the canoes.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

captain rocket

I know the Mark Twain and Molly Brown's captain have to have a full pro mariners licence even to drive a boat on a rail! maybe the keelboats are the same and DLRP have decided it is an expense that is unjustified? Shame though because I love to ride on them!

Aladar

As far as I know, the Keelboats are being refurbished and they will return. That's what they told me on the telephone Customer Care Service.

davewasbaloo

As much as I love the keelboats (and miss the Canoes), I fear they could be gone forever. After all, they existed at Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, and Tokyo Disneyland and they have been missing from those parks for at least a decade now. I fear Paris may have the same fate?
since 2001 (many before that)

captain rocket

I hope you are wrong, but who knows? (Nice to see hear from you Dave)

Riebi

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"As much as I love the keelboats (and miss the Canoes), I fear they could be gone forever. After all, they existed at Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, and Tokyo Disneyland and they have been missing from those parks for at least a decade now. I fear Paris may have the same fate?

I would even say, I miss the canoes more! The canores at anaheim was one of the best attractions for me. OK I get a totally red head and I needed a little break but it was sooooo much fun to get around the island!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...