Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprogs

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on October 04, 2015, 04:12:22 PM

I dont see why you want to get a meal plan. Just made a normal ADR  for the character dining and Buffalo Bills and pay as normal.

Because it appears the meal plans are cheaper - 66.99 for the princess dinner paying as normal or 57.00 for the same dinner with the premium meal plan. Or am I missing something? I know10 Euros isn't a massive saving but that is 10 Euros each to spend elsewhere...

stifle

Quote from: sprogs on October 04, 2015, 02:23:32 PM
We are travelling over in a few weeks time, we are staying 4 nights/5 days and just have bed and breakfast at the moment as the accommodation was booked for us by a castmember. Currently our plan is that we will arrive quite late on day 1, have 2 days in the parks and 1 day in Paris and travel home after breakfast on day 5. I therefore don't want a meal plan for each day of the holiday. I would quite like to eat at the hotel buffet the evening we arrive and would like to maybe do 1 character dining and Buffalo Bills. So my question is although we have 4 nights booked is it possible to just buy 3 evening meal plan vouchers and to get 1 hotel one and 2 premium?
You can only buy meal plans for the full duration of your stay, all of the same type, and for all guests in your room. There are no options to buy only for some nights, mix and match voucher types, or buy for only some guests. There are no exceptions to this.

petals

If I'm using the free half board option they currently have on offer and I want to use my voucher for Cafe Mickey. Can this be done firstly and secondly does anyone know how much extra one would have to pay on top of the voucher?

stifle

Yes you can use the half board vouchers towards lunch or dinner at Café Mickey. If you're staying in the Disneyland Hotel, Hotel New York, Newport Bay Club, or Sequoia Lodge, there is nothing more to pay. If you're staying at Hotel Cheyenne or Hotel Santa Fe, there will be a supplement of approximately €15 per adult guest and €9 per child. Any additional drinks beyond the first soft drink will also be chargeable.

Remember to reserve in advance to make sure you get your desired time slot.

lynnecbrown

Hi, sorry to jump in, we are the same. Booked for Santa Fe with free half board meal plan. I am trying to work out what's best value for cafe mickey - breakfast  paying supplement or lunch/dinner using standard vouchers towards it. Does anyone know if you use your standard vouchers as part payment do you have to have the set menu or can you order anything from menu and use them as part payment?

Thanks

stifle

If you are going to use up all your vouchers on other (buffet) meals, then the better option is to pay in full in cash for your Café Mickey meals.

When using vouchers at face value at restaurants which are not included in your dining plan, you may order what you wish. Note that Café Mickey only offers a set menu.

alix222

hi wondering if someone can help me looking at going next may I'm getting so confused with the meal plans, we are also wanting to do the wild west show so unsure which package is best value I was looking at plus for meal plans and then paying for the wild west show separately or if we did premium is it all included ?

Karen101

we have booked for next July and had the same quandry as you did.

however, i found that when i researched it that unless we wanted to eat two full sit down meals per day, plus the breakfast which was inculded, it actually worked out better value for us just to book the Wild West Show seperately.

What we did was booked Half Board Plus, so we have the big choice of resturants once a day, and then booked the show seperate and will pay the difference for Inventions one night.

i think it all depends on what your family will eat etc ... we are staying the Compass Club rooms so we have a hot buffet breakfast in the mornings, so i know that something light at lunch will be fine, then dinner in the evening, it just wants worth paying the extra 95 euro a day for the four of us for half board, since i know we wouldnt spend that a day on lunch.

rebecca20

We got free half board (staying in DLH) and found we literally spent 0 on snacks. To be quite honest I was disappointed as we had such a big breakfast we weren't hungry. We used to go for EMH and then have breakfast late at around 11am and then went for tea between 7-9pm.

The last stay I was in Sequoia but again we were so busy food didn't really happen til late. I'm talking 7am breakfast until 10pm evening meal. Maybe it's just me but I'm in such a bubble I don't notice I need food!
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Jo316

Hi all

Using the dining plan for the first time came free on the package

Staying HNY on a half board plus plan which include a free drink and snack after 3pm. I have an idea of where I can use the vouchers

Couple of questions

Can you use the meal vouchers for lunch time or does it have to be an evening?

Also where can you get the drink and snack from?

Thanks

Zee79

Quote from: Jo316 on January 08, 2016, 03:15:59 PM
Hi all

Staying HNY on a half board plus plan which include a free drink and snack after 3pm. I have an idea of where I can use the vouchers

Couple of questions

yes you can use the vouchers for lunch or evening meal, just got to check that where you want to eat is open at lunchtime.

Is this pause gourmand? If so, it tells you on the voucher where you can use. We used Casey's corner previously (very busy) and Bella Notte.

Thanks

Jo316

Quote from: Zee79 on January 08, 2016, 03:34:06 PM
Quote from: Jo316 on January 08, 2016, 03:15:59 PM
Hi all

Couple of questions

yes you can use the vouchers for lunch or evening meal, just got to check that where you want to eat is open at lunchtime.

Is this pause gourmand? If so, it tells you on the voucher where you can use. We used Casey's corner previously (very busy) and Bella Notte.

Thanks

Thank you that's great off to the the Wild West show on the Monday so thought maybe use it for lunch instead

Yeah I meant the pause gourmand

Thanks for clearing that up x

stifle

The teatime treat/pause gourmande voucher is valid in any indoor counter-service restaurant in either park.

Jo316

Quote from: stifle on January 08, 2016, 04:05:12 PM
The teatime treat/pause gourmande voucher is valid in any indoor counter-service restaurant in either park.

Great thanks  :) :D

ilovemainstxxx

hi all

we have been before but never had the vouchers...
we were supposed to be going for new year but hubby had a bad accident at work and burnt his legs and been in hospital and still got to go back in next week for an operation so we have had to move dates ..
we are booked on the french site and are now booked in for march but it was cheaper for our dates so have used the extra money to book up the half board plus with pause gourmande voucher....
thought i could book cafe mickey on these but are now a bit confused as reading some other posts it seems like half board has to be topped up with more money to eat there ...??
also are they dated , we are there for 3n 4days so do we have to use them on the first three days or could we use them any of the four days , if you see what i mean  ...
if anyone could clarify how to use these i would be greatful...my minds not my own at the min x