Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stifle

Yes you can. Just explain to the cast member what you're doing when you order so he/she can put it into the system the right way.

froxy369

we travel in October and have the plus meal deal as we are staying in Sequoia Lodge. I see there is 20 listed places we can eat in. Wondered if anyone can tell me if we can eat in any other places eg. planet hollywood etc.allow you to use the voucher getting face value and pay the difference or is it only the 20 listed you can eat in?

stifle

It's a bit in between. You cannot use Planet Hollywood I'm afraid, as it's not a Disney restaurant. The unlisted places where you can use your Plus voucher and pay a surcharge are Auberge de Cendrillon, Inventions, California Grill, and Buffalo Bill's Wild West show.

froxy369

CaptainKennySparrow

Hi folks,

My family are flying out in october and have one of the meal plans! We have never used it before and didnt know we ordered it when we booked haha

I know our plan allows us to hit the buffets in the hotels so can someone confirm this as i'm being thick.....with the buffet, the only thing we would need to pay for would be booze?? haha
Take what you can....give nothing back.

Mileto

Please, check what's written on your reservation - half or full board, standard, plus, premium? So that we could be more helpful.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Mileto on September 07, 2015, 03:25:59 PM
Please, check what's written on your reservation - half or full board, standard, plus, premium? So that we could be more helpful.

Hi there :) Its half board plus :)
Take what you can....give nothing back.

Mileto

So you have to plan for each day of your stay a restaurant that is in your plus list (Walt's, Chez Remy, Blue Lagoon, Hunter's Grill, Cafe Mickey, Cape Cod, Manhattan restaurant ....) . Reason - not to waist money.

So- if you go in buffet Plaza Gardens you waist money because it is a standard option and it's cheaper.

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/dining/meal-plans/

Or you could choose a restaurant from the premium list and pay the difference.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP

stifle

Restaurants which are best value for Plus: Cape Cod, Yacht Club, Hunter's Grill, Beaver Creek Tavern, Parkside Diner, Manhattan Restaurant, Bistrot Chez Rémy, Walt's: An American Restaurant, Blue Lagoon, Silver Spur Steakhouse, The Steakhouse, Annette's, Café Mickey

Restaurants where you need to pay extra to use your vouchers: California Grill, Inventions, Auberge de Cendrillon, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show

All other restaurants fall into the category of your vouchers are valid but it would be bad value to use them – except the third-party restaurants in Disney Village were they are not valid at all; these include McDonald's, King Ludwig's, Rainforest Café, Planet Hollywood, Starbucks, and Earl of Sandwich.

At restaurants in the first group the voucher covers a three course meal or, as appropriate, an all you can eat buffet, plus one soft drink or water. Any further or alcoholic beverages would be extra.

jemski81

Hi Everyone

I've just booked to stay Feb half term in New York and a bit of advice would be great. We are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids aged 2,5 and 6. We are staying 4 nights and I'm wondering if a meal plan is worth it. I'm looking at the Half Board Plus option so the kids can do cafe Mickey and it looks good value in terms of restaurants but would upgrading to the Premium option be better value if I wanted to do the Princesses dinner and Buffalo Bills? Is it worth it as they're so young? would they have an equal experience meeting Princesses in the park rather than the cost of the Auberge.

Sorry for the rambling just confused x

stifle

You're looking at an extra €304 to go from Half Board Plus to Premium for 2 adults/2 kids and 4 days. (2 year old does not pay.) If you want to do that, then switch out Café Mickey and go to Inventions instead, and have your other three meals in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, California Grill, and Auberge de Cendrillon. Or you could carry on with Plus, go to the Princess Pavilion and Café Mickey for your character fix, and do places like Manhattan Restaurant, Walt's, and Bistrot Chez Rémy for meals.

Meeting princesses in the Princess Pavilion is naturally cheaper. The experience is a bit more rushed, and there are usually fewer characters to meet as compared to Auberge.

sprogs

We are travelling over in a few weeks time, we are staying 4 nights/5 days and just have bed and breakfast at the moment as the accommodation was booked for us by a castmember. Currently our plan is that we will arrive quite late on day 1, have 2 days in the parks and 1 day in Paris and travel home after breakfast on day 5. I therefore don't want a meal plan for each day of the holiday. I would quite like to eat at the hotel buffet the evening we arrive and would like to maybe do 1 character dining and Buffalo Bills. So my question is although we have 4 nights booked is it possible to just buy 3 evening meal plan vouchers and to get 1 hotel one and 2 premium?

Mileto

I couldn't understand quite good what do you want to book.

But generally you can book a meal plan for 4 days - not less or more. It doesn't matter if it's half board, full board or hotel, they have to be for 4 days.

Zee79

We've booked a meal plan for 3nights 4 days on a number of occasions but it had to be the same plan, so standard, plus or premium no mixing & matching.

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: sprogs on October 04, 2015, 02:23:32 PM
We are travelling over in a few weeks time, we are staying 4 nights/5 days and just have bed and breakfast at the moment as the accommodation was booked for us by a castmember. Currently our plan is that we will arrive quite late on day 1, have 2 days in the parks and 1 day in Paris and travel home after breakfast on day 5. I therefore don't want a meal plan for each day of the holiday. I would quite like to eat at the hotel buffet the evening we arrive and would like to maybe do 1 character dining and Buffalo Bills. So my question is although we have 4 nights booked is it possible to just buy 3 evening meal plan vouchers and to get 1 hotel one and 2 premium?

I dont see why you want to get a meal plan. Just made a normal ADR  for the character dining and Buffalo Bills and pay as normal.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016