Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyrilthemilkman

I've had a look at the Cafe Agrabah one and that does look good, my older kids love olives, so the big bowl I saw will probably be empty.

Am staying at Davy Crockett, so one night will try the Buffet there, but maybe after I've had a swim in that awesome looking pool.

polar vixen

We LOVE the Davy Crockett ranch, you'll have a fab time, the buffet's none-too bad either, even better after swimming as the restaurant has widnows overlooking the pool, so unless you've already been swimming it makes you desperate to go.  May I also recommend the plaza gardens buffet - food is great and the ambience is lovely, just try to eat at quieter times, around between 3 and 5 otherwise it's heaving!

cyrilthemilkman

Cheers for the advice, I'm trying to have a vague plan of what to do, and with three young boys who are almost always hungry, if i ate the amount they did I'd be enormous yet they don't have an inch of fat on them, food planning is quite high on the list of priorities!!

polar vixen

Since you're staying Davy crockett, main advice is take things like crisps, snacks (things that travel well) dilute juice etc with you and some bottles, youcan save a fortune on drinks!  Also We go and buy a baguette from the shop for a whole 2 euros!  And make sandwhiches for the family, they sell ham and cheese etc, and whilst not terribly cheap, much cheaper than buying proper lunches, and easily as nice!

cyrilthemilkman

Yeah was thinking as much myself, especially for breakfasts, we have full board to cover meals, but are going to need snacks for them.  Out of interest do you know what times the crockett tavern opens?

polar vixen

I don't know , sorry I know the restaurant opens at 6, Crisps are handy, but I wouldn't worry too much, if you're full board, I think you'll find yourselves fairly full.  The Food is gorgeous, ENJOY!

freckleston

Hi I have a HB meal plan and trying to choose where to eat on Sat 21/Sun 22 Dec.  It seems that there is a lot of info on here with regard to menus etc but am unable to access it as every time I click on any link it says 'Problem loading page'.  Is there a way for me to check the menus before we go.  I especially would like to see what is available at some of the buffets. 
Sorry I suppose this is more of a technical glitch my end but dont understand why I cant view all of your probably useful menus/photos etc. 

freckleston

Quote from: freckleston on December 02, 2013, 02:41:42 PM
Hi I have a HB meal plan and trying to choose where to eat on Sat 21/Sun 22 Dec.  It seems that there is a lot of info on here with regard to menus etc but am unable to access it as every time I click on any link it says 'Problem loading page'.  Is there a way for me to check the menus before we go.  I especially would like to see what is available at some of the buffets. 
Sorry I suppose this is more of a technical glitch my end but dont understand why I cant view all of your probably useful menus/photos etc.

Ahhh i have done some more looking & realise its not just me... they are 'dead links' or something.. However, I have now found all the menus on the main part of website but they dont give any indication of buffet food..  can anyone point me in direction of the specific food likely to be found at buffets. ?

tubbsy

Sorry freckleston-wish I had seen your post but not been on for a while. Hope you had a great time.

We are trying to decide between WDW or DLP (with a year of lots of extra treats!)
So doing some research and I have come across tea time treats listed in the HB premium listings. very intrigued. But cant find any info on it just yet.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

mandy

Can anyone tell me what buzz lightyear pizza planet is like please??? :)

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: mandy on January 13, 2014, 12:47:15 PM
Can anyone tell me what buzz lightyear pizza planet is like please??? :)

Pasta and four different pizzas, free refill drinks. For kids a fantastic place, for adults, not so much.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

mandy

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: mandy on January 13, 2014, 03:17:09 PM
Thankyou,you are a wealth of  knowledge ;D

Thanks :) hopefully I'll have it up on site within a few days :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

polar vixen

Thescrummymummy

I ant to go full board plus, can you only use your lunch voucher for the buffets or can you use it for counter service too?
One day we want to have lunch with the princesses so will use our  2nd voucher towards this and then wondered for tea that day would we only be able to eat at the two buffet restaurants?