Meal Plans — Half Board & Full Board options and information

Started by Anthony, May 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney25

HI everyone. Got home sat 6th may 2017 and loved every minute of it! I am so jealous of anyone who is about to start there magical journey.
I must admit the whole meal plan thing is rather confusing! I think I've worked it out though.
When you arrive you will receive your meal tickets and printed on your ticket on the bottom left corner are your restaurant choices that your ticket can be used in.
Now the ones on your ticket you can eat in and won't be charged extra. Some fast food restaurants are Cheaper than your value on your ticket and will of course be taken in there. If you want to eat somewhere that is more expensive then you will have to pay the extra outstanding balance.
I hope this makes sense!!!
In your park guide that you pick up at the entrance there is a list of all the restaurants and what they serve. You can go into town hall on the left hand side in Main Street to reserve/book restaurants.

ajcphantom

Hi, there!  I have recently booked a trip for October 2017 for my 10th wedding anniversary.  It is our first visit to a Disney park out of the states, and I am trying to sort out the meal plan details.  I have a few questions, if anyone can help me out.  I have done the Meal Plan thing at WDW, but this seems to be more confusing to me...

1) When we booked online, it only gave us the choices of Half or Full Board, but now I am finding out all the other tiers within each option (i.e. Hotel, Standard, Plus, Premium).  These options weren't listed when we booked.  How do I know which option we have?  Should I assume it is the most basic (Hotel)?
2) Can the vouchers be used at a Counter Service restaurant instead of Buffet/Table Service if wanted?  (I realize we would be "losing" money if used this way, but just wondering...)
3)  If you have Half Board, are you restricted to only using one Buffet/Table service per day, or, for example, can you use 2 in one day (Lunch and Dinner) and none the next day?

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

AJDisney

If I went with Standard Half Board, does this mean we could eat at the Agrabah Cafe? It says includes buffet, but the price seems a little too good to be true?

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/meal-plans.html
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Mattj500

Quote from: ajcphantom on June 05, 2017, 06:19:05 AM
Hi, there!  I have recently booked a trip for October 2017 for my 10th wedding anniversary.  It is our first visit to a Disney park out of the states, and I am trying to sort out the meal plan details.  I have a few questions, if anyone can help me out.  I have done the Meal Plan thing at WDW, but this seems to be more confusing to me...

1) When we booked online, it only gave us the choices of Half or Full Board, but now I am finding out all the other tiers within each option (i.e. Hotel, Standard, Plus, Premium).  These options weren't listed when we booked.  How do I know which option we have?  Should I assume it is the most basic (Hotel)?
2) Can the vouchers be used at a Counter Service restaurant instead of Buffet/Table Service if wanted?  (I realize we would be "losing" money if used this way, but just wondering...)
3)  If you have Half Board, are you restricted to only using one Buffet/Table service per day, or, for example, can you use 2 in one day (Lunch and Dinner) and none the next day?

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

The vouchers can be used in counter, lower value, restaurants but some cast members look really confused as to why you want to and encourage you not to. One showed us a special menu which had a different dessert or some small extra item.

They will be valid for the length of your stay. You could, in theory, use them all on day one.

I believe your meal plan is linked to the hotel, higher priced hotel means better meal plan, but I'm not 100% on this.

Stranworst

Hi all. Going in September. Staying in Newport Bay two nights, three days in the park.

We have the full board plus took the breakfast meal plan as well in the hotel.

So we arrive the sunday afternoon, full day Monday, then depart Tuesday afternoon.

What would the breakdown of the food vouchers be then? I assume we would get breakfast, lunch, dinner on the Monday, and then at least breakfast on the Tuesday.

What do we get for the Sunday then? And would we get lunch for the Tuesday as well?

It's hard to get a straight answer!

f.maclaren97

We are visiting DLP over new years, we have brought the half board meal plan vouchers. On the Disney website, they said the meal vouchers cannot be used on the 31st, in our confirmation email we got it says they are valid per day. e.g 31/12/17 - 31/12/17. We are there 3 night but 4 days so only got 3 vouchers. Can we buy a meal with cash on the 31st? and then use the voucher on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd?

Any advice on this subject would be a big help!

Thanks, Fred.

Benjy89

HI there,

My sister and I are off to DLP in November, we have booked half board plus as we are staying in Newport bay hotel. Can someone just tell me what this includes is it breakfast and dinner? Or what?
Also is the afternoon snack thing still an option and what does this include?
Thanks in advance

Ben

Zee79

Half board is breakfast and dinner (or you can use your voucher at lunch but you would need to eat a lot at lunch due to the value). Snacks are available if you have a compass club room. The pause gaumand is no longer available for a snack in the park.

Cheeta Beachwood

It will be my first visit come February 2018, and I've opted for the standard half-board meal plan.
My question relates to using vouchers at counter service restaurants.
Do all counter service restaurants have a fixed meal option if one were to use a meal voucher or could one use a meal voucher at face value and order à la carte(including beer!). I figure if my wife and I feel a bit peckish at lunch, we could share a single voucher by using it at a counter service restaurant, ordering several dishes, and do something similar for dinner. Of course, we plan on taking advantage of the buffets but  I'm hoping to have this option.
thanks for the tips :)

polar vixen

Meal vouchers are sadly one use per person- so you cant use yhem to.order multiple dishes in counter service restaurants, just one meal per voucher

Cheeta Beachwood

polar vixen-
thanks for the quick reply :)

By the way- what's your opinion on the Santa Fe dinner buffet vs the other buffet options in the standard half-board meal plan?
is the food much different or is the difference mostly atmosphere?
Being that La Grange at Billy Bob's is tex-mex is it basically the same as santa fe?

We only booked 3 nights for our first visit to dlp and have more options than dinners. :-)

polar vixen

Never eaten in the santa fe but we do love billy bobs and plaza gardens

Kingchris

(ignoring the waste of value) At a counter service,  could an adult meal be ordered with a child half board + voucher?

Slimy yet satisfying

We love the Santa Fe buffet. More mex than tex in my opinion having done both. Not quite the same menu but close enough. Easier to get a table in Santa Fe as people tend to prefer to stay around the park rather than go back to the hotels.

They are really strict with the vouchers and an adult voucher can only be used on the adult set meals, the kids on the kids meals. They are not interchangeable. It is worth asking at check in the current face value of the vouchers as you can then use them in places like Annettes for a bit more variety.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Lost Girl in Waiting

From March 21st 2018 They will do Standard, Plus and Premium. Standard is buffets, Plus is buffets and a selection of restaurants. Premium includes all and the character meals and the Buffalo Bill show.

Half-board you get breakfast and one meal that day and full board is breakfast and two meals that day
Happily Ever After <3