Summer Contracts 2012 - Operational Roles

Started by gldc, May 06, 2012, 08:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gldc

Thought I'd create a dedicated summer 2012 thread for those working in operational roles...so everything which isn't being "friends with a character"...this means rides, restaurants, proprete (cleaning), guest flow, boutiques, hotels, fast food, etc.

Post when/ if you've got a contract and Message me and I'll add you to the list below of all the magicforum members going this summer.

I've compiled an FAQ on my blog so you're welcome to take a look at that at //http://www.mepipe.com/2012/01/questions-answers-about-working-for.html

Members going to Disneyland Paris this summer:
Name // Dates // Role
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Bball12

Good idea..I'm waiting still.. :(

sineadlemonade

@gldc thanks for posting that FAQ, i found it super useful :)

Tiffanyfinsy

@gldc I like your website! Really helpful, can't wait for your next post about your disney trip :)
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

tarajanelovesshoes

Hi! Just got a contract and I think I have decided to choose a CDD, go for a while and defer my uni entry! My parents are a  bit worried that I won't like it after a few months...but I think I will. I don't mind working hard, and I assume I will be!
Any advice?? thanks!

gldc

Quote from: "tarajanelovesshoes"Hi! Just got a contract and I think I have decided to choose a CDD, go for a while and defer my uni entry! My parents are a  bit worried that I won't like it after a few months...but I think I will. I don't mind working hard, and I assume I will be!
Any advice?? thanks!

Nice one! When's your CDD until?
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

ilovedisney123

I've been offered a contract for shop work starting from June.. I'm university student though, so will only be able to work there for a couple of months really.

Kakaj

I'm going to work as a vendeuse boutique this summer. My contract starts the 16th of june. Is there anyone else starting that date?

tarajanelovesshoes

Quote from: "gldc"
Quote from: "tarajanelovesshoes"Hi! Just got a contract and I think I have decided to choose a CDD, go for a while and defer my uni entry! My parents are a  bit worried that I won't like it after a few months...but I think I will. I don't mind working hard, and I assume I will be!
Any advice?? thanks!

Well I called them today and I have a CDI for 8 months starting 26th June! I'm doing it with my best friend so I am so excited!

gldc

Quote from: "tarajanelovesshoes"
Quote from: "gldc"
Any advice?? thanks!

Well I called them today and I have a CDI for 8 months starting 26th June! I'm doing it with my best friend so I am so excited!
Cool. ANy idea what the job is yet then? :D

assinistra

Hey. Me too, I called them on 14th of May, and I got a CDI contract from 23th of June but I haven't got my contract yet by mail... what about you and the others who's the same situation? I just started being worried about that!:S

assinistra

Hey. Me too, I called them on 14th of May, and I got a CDI contract from 23th of June but I haven't got my contract yet by mail... what about you and the others who's the same situation? I just started being worried about that!:S

gldc

Quote from: "assinistra"Hey. Me too, I called them on 14th of May, and I got a CDI contract from 23th of June but I haven't got my contract yet by mail... what about you and the others who's the same situation? I just started being worried about that!:S
They usually take about 2 weeks to arrive.

sophie

Quote from: "assinistra"Hey. Me too, I called them on 14th of May, and I got a CDI contract from 23th of June but I haven't got my contract yet by mail... what about you and the others who's the same situation? I just started being worried about that!:S

I start working at the 23rd too, and I got my contract last week. Have you gotten yours yet? See you there :D

ilovedisney123

Quote from: "Kakaj"I'm going to work as a vendeuse boutique this summer. My contract starts the 16th of june. Is there anyone else starting that date?

Yeah that's my start date as well, and I am working in a boutique too :)