Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet — Discoveryland

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerLily

Can anyone shed any light on when it was last known to be open by any chance?  I'm mucho intrigued :D

Zee79

Was hoping it would be open for us to try in May. It wasn't open when we went in the summer.

TigerLily

I must admit that I'm hoping it will be open too Zee (although its first week in June for us lol)

littlebitofpixiedust

It's never open, we visit 2-3 times a year the last time we saw it open was 4 years ago. Very disappointing however we havnt ever visited in June ago you maybe in luck?! If so take some photos and let us know please! Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

TigerLily

I had a google to see if there had been any official closure reports of it, but nope. What I did find though was that its not usually open out of season and even then when it is the busier times, it's only on certain days, so I'm pretty sure now that it will be closed when we go in June.

I also have read lots and lots of (sadly) really bad reviews on the food and restaurant in general :shock: I prefer trying a place for myself before making my mind up, but there really was a vast amount of bad reviews...so I'm not sad now at the probability of it being closed whilst I'm there...

I'll still have a check though to see if it is open.

littlebitofpixiedust

It wasn't much cop when we ate there 4 years ago, but even so it's quite amazing inside especially for small toy story fans like my son! Wich is why we always have a look apparently it's a buffet style thing now where it used to be different we just popped in for a snack/hot drinks, happy holidays anyway!

TigerLily

Happy holidays to you too :D

aircanman

We were there last June (17th to 21st) - And it was open, the restaurant itself was very quiet considering how busy the park was.  The play area was quite run down as was the rest of the restaurant, everything is covered in dust and dirty, plus the play area smelled of urine! - The food was ok but again sub standard cardboard plates and the food areas were dirty and poorly maintained.  I hate being negative about DLP but out of the whole holiday this was the most disappointing part, so not too bad in all.

capitalbarbie

Hi

I just had an email from DLP (I had requested some nutritional info from the dieticians) and they advised Pizza PLanet is closed?

Such a shame as we were looking forward to it

xx
WDW Florida 1997
WDW Florida 1998
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 1999
WDW Florida 2006
WDW Florida 2009
DLP Hotel Cheyenne 2013

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "capitalbarbie"Hi

I just had an email from DLP (I had requested some nutritional info from the dieticians) and they advised Pizza PLanet is closed?

Such a shame as we were looking forward to it

xx

Closed for good? That's a terrible shame I always hoped someday wed find it to be open again!

orangarnold

I liked it when I went, but I guess it helped I went around 11.45 so it was very quiet and only just opened. If it's closed for good its a shame. I always thought they should build a proper Pizza Planet in the Toy Story Land at WDS

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: "orangarnold"I liked it when I went, but I guess it helped I went around 11.45 so it was very quiet and only just opened. If it's closed for good its a shame. I always thought they should build a proper Pizza Planet in the Toy Story Land at WDS

I agree that it would be much better to have the pizza planet in toy story play land I cannot believe it has been closed though what a shame we have every visit gone too see but it's never open so unfortunate!

orangarnold

Quote from: "littlebitofpixiedust"
Quote from: "orangarnold"I liked it when I went, but I guess it helped I went around 11.45 so it was very quiet and only just opened. If it's closed for good its a shame. I always thought they should build a proper Pizza Planet in the Toy Story Land at WDS

I agree that it would be much better to have the pizza planet in toy story play land I cannot believe it has been closed though what a shame we have every visit gone too see but it's never open so unfortunate!

In all honesty I would say you're not missing out on a great deal. The food, to me, was good. and it offered good value for money compared to the pizza based set meals in the park. But it did feel like an over decorated school canteen at best.

littlebitofpixiedust

I've eaten there before I purely would like to go for my son who's toy story crazy he met Jessie there the last time it was open he was only one and he's nearly 5 and never even Been open since

orangarnold

Aww :( I would love to see a 'true' Pizza planet one day