Cowboy Cookout Barbecue — Frontierland

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Official dining topic for Cowboy Cookout Barbecue in Frontierland at Disneyland Park.

• Counter Service

Share your experiences, tips, reviews and questions about this location or notify us of menu changes here!

Explore our complete Disneyland Paris Restaurant Index here.

mdw

Hi, are the characters alway there when it's open? We are thinking or going for a late lunch. Will there be any characters?

jonathan

They do the character tea party from around 430-630 but as for the character buffet Im not sure if theyre there non stop or just at certain times.

Im sure I remember that last year it was just at certain times of day which were posted up outside.  If this is still the case its best to check this out when you get there with your hotel concierges.

jonathan

Upon checking again I saw that lunch is from 1130-330 and then tea from 430-630 as these are both advertsised as charcater dinignexoeriences youd expect that there would be at least one character there at all times but.....

lorrig

Has anyone been here lately. Can't really get my head around how you can have counter service character meal. My daughter would love to see Woody and Jessie, but the menu doesn't sound appealling at all. How can you call cherry tomatoes a starter for a child? Is there any other place to meet these characters in the park? Also, I presume if it is a counter service restaurant, that it wont be possible to make reservations?

flickmcktur

We love the cowboy cook out because of the quality time the kids have had with the characters. We normally opt for the tea yes its only tea cake and pancakes but at 19 euro each its cheap for Disney and it is our top tip for avoiding character qs and getting grate family pics. They serve Disney branded lollys and bottles of water which they have been happy to let us take a few extras away with us. We have never met Jessie there but every time we have had Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofey, and Woody plus normally a few more. You have to arrive at a set time then you go up and help yourself to whatever you like. When everyone is a bit settled the characters come out and visit every table (if anyone misses you let one of the staff in red know and they will make sure your not forgotten). They they come back for a play there is a little dance floor and a cowboy band sometimes and the kids all dance around and play with the characters on a quiet day my son has had some time completely alone with woody playing in and l cove out of sight of everyone but me but I don't think that is normal. If you child is shy go upto the character yourself and say excuse me my little one is really shy would you mind coming over in a bit to play. We did this with Minnie and our little girl it took he a little while to come over but when she was so lovely. All the characters defiantly appreciate manners and a little patience also lots of thank yous we have had characters pull other characters over and I would guess its because of that. Having said that you will have to push yourself near to the front to get noticed. Cant get to the character a quiet word with the person in red "I know everyone probably dose this but if its not too much trouble could you possibly.... Thank you well if you could it would be amazing" it doesn't always work but sometimes it dose Wendy in my avatar helped get that shot for me after I asked. I know this last bit is a little off topic but we have done this all over the parks inc the restaurant

Little mermaid 240

Hi
We that is  my hubby and our 17 year old daughter and I went for a tea party there on the 5th June we had made a reservation and it was great the characters came round to each table in turn and you got time for photos and autographs.  Also they would spend time trying to get the little ones happy so the photos would work playing peek-a-boo etc :-)  we saw Woody, Pluto, Goofy, Donald and Daisy Duck.

As we had half board vouchers we also went for lunch on the next day we had made a reservation about 9pm the night before but there was still space.  There was loads of food!  We saw Woody, Pluto, Goofy, Donald and Daisy Duck and Tigger.  The characters would send any children that pushed in back to their tables and went round table by table, also there was a band playing during lunch.

The characters all went for breaks every now and then but they nearly always came back out a little later and carried on from the table they left off!  :) However they all took staggered breaks so that you didn't really realise that one of the characters was gone.

The actual place was huge and although there was loads of people it didn't feel as thought you were rushed and enclosed! Whenever we went past Cafe Mickey - we didn't go in - it always seemed to be very busy and rushed.

It was a good place to go :thumbs:
Little Mermaid x

stevenlatham01

We are thinking of going to lunch at Cowboy Cookout on 10th or 11th July and were wondering what characters we will meet. My daughter loves Jessie from Toy Story. Will she be there? Thanks.

Minnie2610

Haven`t done it myself but from watching a trip video it showed Jessie, Woodie, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. There could be more not sure.

Hope this helps

Aurora1

Are Mickey and Minnie in different outfits there?
Aurora1

Elaine

theres no guaranteeing any of the characters at the Cowboy Cookout, for either the lunch or tea party. Mickey and Minnie used to wear western gear to the cowboy cookout character meals, but I didn't see either of them at the tea party last week, so don't know if they still do. Everyone I saw was in their normal outfits.

cahaya

Last time I was there (April), there was Woody, Daisy, Donald, Pluto and Goofy.
The time before ( 1 year ago) there were Minni and Mickey in western outfits, Pluto, Goofy, Jessy and Woody. So it seems to be just different.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

kelly.dylan

I've just called to add my character meals to my christmas booking and the character meal at the cowboy cookout is stopping altogether as of Nov. She said thats the lunch and tea party :(
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

stevenlatham01

Quote from: "Elaine"theres no guaranteeing any of the characters at the Cowboy Cookout, for either the lunch or tea party. Mickey and Minnie used to wear western gear to the cowboy cookout character meals, but I didn't see either of them at the tea party last week, so don't know if they still do. Everyone I saw was in their normal outfits.

Who was there last week? Thanks.

jenniedisney

As far as I am aware, and everytime I have visited the characters are:
Woody, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey, Pluto
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property