Inventions — Disneyland Hotel

Started by Anthony, May 06, 2012, 03:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenLisa

Considering dinner here for our family holiday in June. We will have half board plus vouchers and will pay the difference but just a few questions

1) are there many characters ? Any princesses at dinner ?
2) whats best time to book a table ?
3) there are 2 prices listed for dinner €54.50 & €59.50 with drink - which price will apply when we are using our plus vouchers ?
4) is it really worth it ? We are also doing cafe mickey for lunch another day so is that enough for us with 3 & 2 yr old.

Thanks

DisneyRon

Quote from: Lisakeane72 on January 10, 2015, 10:31:31 AM
Considering dinner here for our family holiday in June. We will have half board plus vouchers and will pay the difference but just a few questions

1) are there many characters ? Any princesses at dinner ?
2) whats best time to book a table ?
3) there are 2 prices listed for dinner €54.50 & €59.50 with drink - which price will apply when we are using our plus vouchers ?
4) is it really worth it ? We are also doing cafe mickey for lunch another day so is that enough for us with 3 & 2 yr old.

Thanks

1) Haven't encountered any princesses at Dinner at Inventions. Last time I went I met Pluto, Donald, Mickey, Minnie, Pinocchio and one of the Penguins from Mary Poppins in about a 60 minute time-span. :)

2) I assume you mean of day? Whatever you like really, characters are on rotation for the entire dinner period I imagine. I have gone twice between 18:00 and 19:00 so far, but I do enjoy eating relatively early.
Just make sure to make a reservation unless you're going during a very quiet period, it is a rather popular restaurant.

3) As your vouchers do not cover the cost completely, you'll be using them at their face value, so you get to choose. Decide beforehand if you want to include a drink or not. :)

4) I enjoyed both visits I made to the restaurant, but it's rather hard telling someone else if it's worth it or not.
The food is very nice and the character interaction is lovely in my opinion.

Aoife

Does anyone know how to find out what the theme of the brunch is 29, 30th or 31st March 2015

stecal

Hi on the list on tripadvisor it says the theme for sunday 29th march is Magic

jayney69

We're going to Inventions in April.  How would I find out what the theme is on a given day?  Thanks

polar vixen

Do the characters at inventions usually have a cast member with them?  My son is autistic and last time we went Donald was very physical with him and my son had a complete melt down,  Donald out his hands on his hips and act er d put out,  usually if there's a cast member I ask them to tell the characters not to touch him,  he likes them,  just not unexpected contact. Ruined our meal unfortunately but I thought they usually had a guide

twentythingamabobs

Hi Polar Vixen. The characters definitely don't all have CMs with them. We went in October and not one character had a guide, then we went at Christmas and I think Eeyore and Pluto had guides with them but that was it.

Mileto

I have another question regarding character dining in Inventions. As I read - characters are there for lunch (12.30-15.00) and dinner (18.00-22.30).
I want to book a table for 30.11.2015 - Monday. I am not sure what should I choose - lunch or dinner? Park will be open till 20H, after that half an hour Disney Dreams. When is it more quiet, I hope food has been served on a regular basis. What should I think of, any clever ideas? We are staying in SL golden forest room.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Princess Chloe

Hi me and my family are going the first week in October and wondered what the best time to book our table for in inventions as my mum isn't found of too much crowd. I'm desperate to try here as I've heard of good character experiences here.  :)

magicmum

Hi,

I haven't dined there myself but have been told that characters are only available at dinner, not at lunch time (and this explains the price difference). Have a wonderful trip!

Zee79

Lunch & evening buffet with characters €59.99 adult, €33 child, Brunch with characters is €67 adult €33 as if July 1st 2016