Share your audition experience!

Started by Astya, May 05, 2012, 12:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astya

So our old thread was full of questions about the character auditions, so I thought it would be good for us to have a thread to share our audition experiences!  That way all the information is in one place!

So come share your stories and tips!

Tiffanyfinsy

(Just copied my story from the other topic)  :P

I auditioned on the 20th april 2012, I came there around 9.45 and there A LOT of people (around 300 i think), especially a lot of proffesional dancers, So I was like: "this is going to be a hard job" (I can dance, but not as good all the "proffesionals"). Luckily I've practice the animation part, so hopefully I can pass at least that round. Anyway, I was standing in the line and suddenly I saw the lovely Nao (Still upset that she didnt pass the dance round booooo).

But, first, we got the animation round (still the same characters): I was in one of the last groups, so i could watch everybody trying to figure out the 6 characters. A lot of "proffesional" dancers didnt make it to the next round (I felt a little bit relieved ha), but then: it was my turn: I smiled the whole time and just trying my best. Luckily I made it to the next round, soooo happy.

Than we got the dance round: It was freaking hard. Less time, less space, a lot of people and then there was me: I knew the dance a little bit, but wish I had done it better. As you thought, the time was up (Everybody was still confused haha, not funny at that moment, fingers crossed and hoping for the best!!). When I saw the first groups dancing (Some people where really good, but didnt make it through the dance round because they didnt SMILE at all, too bad), I was thinking about all the dance parts and still watching all the people dancing their butt off. It seemed like almost every person knew that dance (There goes my faith!), which made me even more confused, I was even more upset when I saw that Nao didnt pass the dance round (She smiled the whole time and tried so hard to follow all the dance steps, respect!!), but as soon as I through, it was my turn and I keep reminding myself "I can do it, I can do it, just try the best as you can, don't stop and keep in smiling". I knew the first part of the dance, but suddenly my whole group was confused, so I lost my concentration and lost all my hope. I couldnt remember any dance step anymore. I I felt so disappointed, but all you could do at the moment is waiting..... hoping that they didnt say my number (If they said your number, you didnt pass)

And....THEY DIDNT SAY MY NUMBER!!! I felt so lucky, such a good feeling..

There where 3 groups: the Look-a-likes (However, half of the people where rejected at the end, because they didnt fit in the perfect look-a-like prince/princes yet), the dancers (Big group, met some lovely people there) and the animation/cast member/show people (Yeah, my group, all lovely people, but secretly I knew this already, because before they made the groups, they made a picture of me and then I gave all my stuff (CV+other information) to them and saw my paper they filled in, got the maximum high score at animation and dance not so high, stupid confusion) But, I'm still really happy, love animation!!

All I can say: enjoy this experience, keep on smiling even If you feeling not so well and didnt pass the first time. When I was rejected in London (November), I kept on going, no matter what. If it was not my time, I'll be waiting and hopefully there comes a disneyland audition in The Netherlands (Luckily, it came!). Don't feel too bad about it, its a really long, stressful and ofcourse, a tough day, but its all worth it. Dreams can come true, so keep on dreaming and believe in yourself!!!! (And If you good in animation but not good in dancing, do your best at animation and keep on smiling during the dance round. They want to see your personallity, not If you can follow every dance step)
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

hadarw

Hi Tiffany!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm going to the Paris audition at May 30 and I'll be flying all the way from Israel...
It's a long shot for me cause it's easier for them to hire someone from Europe but I'm going to give it a try anyway :-)
About the dancing part i'm not so worried cause i've been dancing for a long time. But the animation round worries me the most... What is it like? and how can i prepare myself of it?

Thank you again,
Hadar

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "hadarw"Hi Tiffany!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm going to the Paris audition at May 30 and I'll be flying all the way from Israel...
It's a long shot for me cause it's easier for them to hire someone from Europe but I'm going to give it a try anyway :-)
About the dancing part i'm not so worried cause i've been dancing for a long time. But the animation round worries me the most... What is it like? and how can i prepare myself of it?

Thank you again,
Hadar

Your welcome!

First of all: Amazing that you fly all over to Paris for the audition, I hope you truly make it! It would me amazing to see you there and I think it doesn't matter where you from, as long as you give everything: Smile, full of energy and having lots of fun!  :D/

The animation round is really nice. Its all about originality, BUT, still be yourself. It has to be tight, big, original, but still be yourself!! Anyway, they give you 5 Disney characters (don't worry, its the same in every Disney audition). The first character is walking forward as a Cowboy, then walking in a circle like an Pirate, then standing on the spot like one of the seven Dwarfs (hint: do. not. sleepy. everyone. does. sleepy = not original), then walking from left to right as a Villain, then you take a bow like a Princess/Prince and the last one (the 6th): as yourself/cast member (waving, kissing to the public, smile, full of energy).

If you have time, you can prepare yourself. It looks like its just a piece of cake, but if you are there at the audition, you have less time + too much people + maybe stressing out + black out or something, so, if you can, PREPARE YOURSELF!

But most of all, enjoy this day, whatever if you make it or not: its still a fun and learning experience. I have also flown all the way from the Netherlands to London and I didn't make it to the second round, but I didn't give up. Believe in yourself and have fun! Be yourself, they want to see YOU! Dreams can come true  :D

Wish you the best! X
Do what your heart desires and dont worry about what the others think. At the end of the day, what makes you happy is what matters the most.

hadarw

Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"

Thank you again,
Hadar

Your welcome!

First of all: Amazing that you fly all over to Paris for the audition, I hope you truly make it! It would me amazing to see you there and I think it doesn't matter where you from, as long as you give everything: Smile, full of energy and having lots of fun!  :D/

The animation round is really nice. Its all about originality, BUT, still be yourself. It has to be tight, big, original, but still be yourself!! Anyway, they give you 5 Disney characters (don't worry, its the same in every Disney audition). The first character is walking forward as a Cowboy, then walking in a circle like an Pirate, then standing on the spot like one of the seven Dwarfs (hint: do. not. sleepy. everyone. does. sleepy = not original), then walking from left to right as a Villain, then you take a bow like a Princess/Prince and the last one (the 6th): as yourself/cast member (waving, kissing to the public, smile, full of energy).

If you have time, you can prepare yourself. It looks like its just a piece of cake, but if you are there at the audition, you have less time + too much people + maybe stressing out + black out or something, so, if you can, PREPARE YOURSELF!

But most of all, enjoy this day, whatever if you make it or not: its still a fun and learning experience. I have also flown all the way from the Netherlands to London and I didn't make it to the second round, but I didn't give up. Believe in yourself and have fun! Be yourself, they want to see YOU! Dreams can come true  :D

Wish you the best! X

Thank you so much!!! you don't know how much your help means to me!
I think i'm the first Israeli that goes to the auditions and everybody keep telling me i'm crazy for even trying cause it's such a long shot. but i don't care i'm going any way :-)
I hope you don't mind to answer me some more questions...
What should i ware? Do you know what they are looking for?
and..
what about you? did they call you back already?

Thank you again!
Hadar

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "hadarw"
Quote from: "Tiffanyfinsy"

Thank you again,
Hadar

Your welcome!

Wish you the best! X

Thank you so much!!! you don't know how much your help means to me!
I think i'm the first Israeli that goes to the auditions and everybody keep telling me i'm crazy for even trying cause it's such a long shot. but i don't care i'm going any way :-)
I hope you don't mind to answer me some more questions...
What should i ware? Do you know what they are looking for?
and..
what about you? did they call you back already?

Thank you again!
Hadar

Your very welcome!

Yes, you need to go your own way. Do things that makes you happy instead of things that make others happy. If you want to audition, just go for it. Follow your dreams :D

Anyway, they don't look for a "specific" person. I don't know if you look like a typical face character of something? Otherwise you need to show them YOUR personality, energy and smile! They look for someone who loves to perform, have the strength to work there in such a big park and have a big personality!

You can wear a t shirt/top, maybe with a legging or sweatpants, sneakers/dancing shoes and your heart in a pony tail/make a braid or something, it depends on what you like, but comfortable clothes are the best. DON'T wear jeans/clothes where you can't hardly move! It will annoy you. I was wearing a grey/blue hoodie (but I quickly pulled it off because it was too hot inside :P), black legging, black/white top and black vans!

I'm still on the waiting list, my start date was 1st July, then I changed it to 20th June (actually 17th may, but I have some projects going on in July and August (I'm in a dance/theatre group and we're going to perform on a big Festival in Holland). I really want to do both, but I think I can't do it because I've heard that you can't get days off in July and August). So have been thinking a lot and I come to the decision that I really want to go to Disneyland Paris, so If it happens first, I'm going to take my chance on Disney and not performing on that Festival. I've sent the casting director 2 days ago a email with my new details that I can start as soon as possible in Disney because it is my highest priority. So, hopefully I can go very soon.  [-o<

xxxxx

hadarw

QuoteYour very welcome!

Yes, you need to go your own way. Do things that makes you happy instead of things that make others happy. If you want to audition, just go for it. Follow your dreams :D

Anyway, they don't look for a "specific" person. I don't know if you look like a typical face character of something? Otherwise you need to show them YOUR personality, energy and smile! They look for someone who loves to perform, have the strength to work there in such a big park and have a big personality!

You can wear a t shirt/top, maybe with a legging or sweatpants, sneakers/dancing shoes and your heart in a pony tail/make a braid or something, it depends on what you like, but comfortable clothes are the best. DON'T wear jeans/clothes where you can't hardly move! It will annoy you. I was wearing a grey/blue hoodie (but I quickly pulled it off because it was too hot inside :P), black legging, black/white top and black vans!

I'm still on the waiting list, my start date was 1st July, then I changed it to 20th June (actually 17th may, but I have some projects going on in July and August (I'm in a dance/theatre group and we're going to perform on a big Festival in Holland). I really want to do both, but I think I can't do it because I've heard that you can't get days off in July and August). So have been thinking a lot and I come to the decision that I really want to go to Disneyland Paris, so If it happens first, I'm going to take my chance on Disney and not performing on that Festival. I've sent the casting director 2 days ago a email with my new details that I can start as soon as possible in Disney because it is my highest priority. So, hopefully I can go very soon.  [-o<

Hi!
Thank you again!!! You are so cute and supporting  :-)
Good luck with everything, i hope you'll be at Paris soon :-)

hadarw

Hi:-)
I have a question...
If i want to go to the audition in London, do i have to apply online or can i just come?
Cause i just notice that the audition in Paris will be conducted in French with some English translation...
and i don't know French...
so i really considering switching to England but i don't know how to do it...

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "hadarw"
QuoteYour very welcome!

Hi!
Thank you again!!! You are so cute and supporting  :-)
Good luck with everything, i hope you'll be at Paris soon :-)

Your welcome! Awhh, thanks! I really appreciate it, glad I can help you!
Thanks, hopefully! And you're also the best of luck, hopefully we see eachother in Paris then! X

Tiffanyfinsy

Quote from: "hadarw"Hi:-)
I have a question...
If i want to go to the audition in London, do i have to apply online or can i just come?
Cause i just notice that the audition in Paris will be conducted in French with some English translation...
and i don't know French...
so i really considering switching to England but i don't know how to do it...

Its an open audition in london, so you can just come :)

tucantu

Hello! I am planning on going to the Leeds open audition, but a quick question before I do! I'm 5'9 and a dancer, and I would love to work for Disney. They are casting character roles and parade performers this time round. Is this the right audition for me or should I wait for a dancer audition (especially because of my height)? Do they ever cast for other Disney opportunities (eg cruise ships) at an audition?

ssaamm

Quote from: "tucantu"Hello! I am planning on going to the Leeds open audition, but a quick question before I do! I'm 5'9 and a dancer, and I would love to work for Disney. They are casting character roles and parade performers this time round. Is this the right audition for me or should I wait for a dancer audition (especially because of my height)? Do they ever cast for other Disney opportunities (eg cruise ships) at an audition?

If you go to this audition and pass everything, you'll be a meet and greet character and parade performer. If you don't want to do meet and greets (face characters and fully costumed characters (ones with the big heads)) then don't go to it. However I don't think Disneyland Paris does auditions just for parade performers, so basically if you work at DLP as a parade performer you work as a character too. And they only audition for what it says they are on the website. If it just says DIsneyland Paris, you won't get hired by anyother part of Disney.

tucantu

Quote from: "ssaamm"
Quote from: "tucantu"Hello! I am planning on going to the Leeds open audition, but a quick question before I do! I'm 5'9 and a dancer, and I would love to work for Disney. They are casting character roles and parade performers this time round. Is this the right audition for me or should I wait for a dancer audition (especially because of my height)? Do they ever cast for other Disney opportunities (eg cruise ships) at an audition?

If you go to this audition and pass everything, you'll be a meet and greet character and parade performer. If you don't want to do meet and greets (face characters and fully costumed characters (ones with the big heads)) then don't go to it. However I don't think Disneyland Paris does auditions just for parade performers, so basically if you work at DLP as a parade performer you work as a character too. And they only audition for what it says they are on the website. If it just says DIsneyland Paris, you won't get hired by anyother part of Disney.

Cool, thanks so much for the info!

swanilo03

Hi

I have been auditioning for DLP for at least a year and a half, fractured my foot in one of mine performances. I audition every three months and its not about how good or bad you are its about what they need at the time. Since I have gone to these auditions I have made it to their talenting pool once where you wait on their books for 6 months in hope you get a phone call. Unfortunately my 6 months is now up and I am going back in September to the london one to re audition.

Most people loose faith when they get rejected I felt the same way all of this time, but the key is dont throw away those dreams, a year and half after being sent home I have made it to the books. So now I have come this far I am not going to give up my dreams for one day i believe my dreams will come true. For the judges can see my determination and enthusiam I have for disney.

If people would like to know more about the procedures of the auditions and more of the experiences, feel free to talk to me and I be more than happy to tell you more.

Lauren :)
swanilo

swanilo03

Quote from: "swanilo03"Hi

I have been auditioning for DLP for at least a year and a half, fractured my foot in one of mine performances. I audition every three months and its not about how good or bad you are its about what they need at the time. Since I have gone to these auditions I have made it to their talenting pool once where you wait on their books for 6 months in hope you get a phone call. Unfortunately my 6 months is now up and I am going back in September to the london one to re audition.

Most people loose faith when they get rejected I felt the same way all of this time, but the key is dont throw away those dreams, a year and half after being sent home I have made it to the books. So now I have come this far I am not going to give up my dreams for one day i believe my dreams will come true. For the judges can see my determination and enthusiam I have for disney.

If people would like to know more about the procedures of the auditions and more of the experiences, feel free to talk to me and I be more than happy to tell you more.

Lauren :)
swanilo