20th Trip, 16th-19th April 2012

Started by Festival Disney, May 02, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Festival Disney

I've been back a while from my trip and think it's about time to post info and photos about my trip. It featured me (Glenn) and my friend Richard. We had originally hoped to go July time to see Fantillusion as well as dreams, but due to service requirements I couldn't get leave from work due to minimal manning at RAF Valley (thanks to those wonderful Olympics  :roll:  ) so anyway, I asked my line manager when and if I could get a week of work and he told me I could have a week off starting the 16th. This was all well and good, but he told me this on the 26th of February  :o
A trip was booked the following Friday. 3 nights at Hotel New York, Lakeside rooms weren't even an option so we assumed it was going to be quite busy at the hotel, and that we'd be getting a room with a lovely view of the car park  :lol:

Due to RAF Valley being dead in the middle of a backwards Island, I have appalling internet speeds so you'll have to hang fire on pictures being posted to this thread, but in the mean time I'm going to make my Facebook album public so everyone who has a Facebook account should be able to see them without having me as a friend (you can add me if you want  :P I'm not some big bad army guy, obviously since I like Disneyland  :lol: )

Individual days are to follow! Day one had a massive surprise in it regarding our hotel room!  :mrgreen:

I'll try and post a photo or two to sum up the trip now or at least soon, but I'll have to wait until the weekend when I go home to upload the rest of them to Photobucket.

Here's a link to the album on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 1759ed9e93
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Festival Disney

Here's some quick highlights to whet your appetites:

Approaching Hotel New York :D

Just outside the Park:

In position to see Dreams for the first time!

Two pictures of our beautiful Chateau:

Town Square:

20 years!

First ever go on Le Pays de Contes de Fées:

Welcome to Thunder Mesa:

It was a busy week, but Duffy still had time for a breather :P

Nautilus Lagoon looked amazing!

Plenty of Vehicles and Horse's on Main Street!

Standby for more later... Maybe not today but by Sunday at the latest  ;)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

DisneyDonna

Lovely photos! Did you take any photos from Dreams?

ecila

Just looked at your facebook album, such lovely photos :)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

pinkboxers

Quote from: "Festival Disney"Individual days are to follow! Day one had a massive surprise in it regarding our hotel room!  :mrgreen:

:shock:  :shock: That room, WOW! Thanks for sharing the photos. I did't even know a Facebook album could hold so many photos ;)
"It's like when you go and you see a really great band live for the first time, you know, and nobody's saying it but everybody's thinking it: "We have something to believe in again."

mickeymouse

Great pictures, many thanks!
2008 Santa Fe
2012 Cheyenne

jamieclayton9

Loving the pics and trip report so far :-)

Thank you

Epcot_Boy

Nice :thumbs:

David