Mary Poppins?

Started by DisneyIsALifestyle, April 28, 2012, 02:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyIsALifestyle

Am i the only one here who desperately wants more Mary Poppins in the park? I know she's in the parade, but i would really love to see a Mary and Bert meet and greet, or maybe a ride, although i'm not sure how that would work! I think another great idea for the park, would be a street show like the one in Disneyland Anaheim, where they bring up children, teenagers, and adults to perform a Step In Time routine with Mary and Bert. I'm sure i can't be the only one   :lol:

ed-uk

Slightly off topic, my favourite stage musical is Mary Poppins, it was on at the Prince Edward theatre in London. It was a Disney production, I don't know if you saw it? It has one of Disney's best musical scores, infact I liked it better than the film, I also liked it better than the stage versions of  Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King. I wish they hadn't taken it off because I would have gone to see it again and again. My favourite stage musical and I've seen few.
Ed & David

DisneyIsALifestyle

Quote from: "ed-uk"Slightly off topic, my favourite stage musical is Mary Poppins, it was on at the Prince Edward theatre in London. It was a Disney production, I don't know if you saw it? It has one of Disney's best musical scores, infact I liked it better than the film, I also liked it better than the stage versions of Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King. I wish they hadn't taken it off because I would have gone to see it again and again. My favourite stage musical and I've seen few.

i have seen clips of it online, i unfortunately live too far from London  :( but i don't see why it can't be brought as a stage show at the Videopolis theatre, as it isn't being used for anything is it?

Scissorsboi

I'd love to see Mary and Bert out more often, they used to be at the top of Main St in the mornings, but I haven't seen them on my more recent visits. The band stand would be a perfect place to have them, it feels like something at the end of Cherry Tree Lane.

As for the musical, it's brilliant, and I genuinely miss it being in London (still hold a grudge against Jersey Boys for doing better than Mary did), for me, if Buffalo Bill was ever to go, adapting the area and putting that in would be a winner every time I visited the resort! Or even an abridged version should Cinemaqigue ever be replaced.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ed-uk

Or even an abridged version of Mary Poppins at the Videopolis theatre, it couldn't be on the same scale as the London production, but it worked very well for the Lion King, and it's a shame to see the theatre dark. But I doubt it will happen.
Ed & David

stecal

hi they were in the studios park having photos taken and signing autographs on one of the days we were there cant remember what day it was but we were there 19th to 25th march,i didnt get a photo of my daughter with them on her own as they were swamped by too many people and they did group ones with all the kids but she was lucky enough to get both of their autographs,we also saw the stage show in london a few years back which was great but really empty when we went to the matinee,maybe the attendance wasnt great and thats why they stopped it?, personally i thought it was a good show

alternativerock123

On my recent trip I occasionally saw them around Fantasyland - near the carousel and sometimes Small World. Mostly in the morning/early afternoon.  :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Simba 27

I saw Mary Poppins and Bert only during the parades, and in my opinion, Bert was always one of the best characters. He did great moves always in perfect sync with the different songs (Dancin's, Just Like We Dreamed It or Supercalifragil...).

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Aurora1

I like Mary and Bert a lot. And would like to see them more often.
They used to do a show on Central Plaza, around the gazebo. But that must be some 4 years ago.
Last year we saw them at the Studios, before Stars`n Cars. And they are part of that too.
Aurora1

Cara

I would love to see more of Mary Poppins. I remember going in 2002 or 2003 and seeing the parade and she had a whole float to herself. I remember watching it was being in awe. A meet and greet would be amazing!

Davy Crockett Ranch - May 2002
Davy Crockett Ranch - March 2003
Kyriad hotel - July 2005
Santa fe - February 2012 (Anniversary trip)
Newport Bay - September 2012!

jax

A couple of years ago we met mary and bert just before main st station on the right hand side.  Bert and Mary paid my nephew plenty of attention and he really loved it chatting to bert.  When we went my nephew shouted goodbye to bert and bert said goodbye to him using his name, it was so lovely that he rembered even after other people saying hello.

Magic M

My girlfriend Gem and I met Mary in Disney Studios a few weeks ago.  She was lovely - very polite, prim, proper and practically perfect in every way!

littlemermaid83

You can meet Mary Poppins and Bert in the Studios around 11.30/12pm where the Stars n Cars characters all come out and do a meet and greet.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Auroura86

I'd love to ssee more of Mary poppins in the parks
Where me keys? Where me phone?

Josh

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"You can meet Mary Poppins and Bert in the Studios around 11.30/12pm where the Stars n Cars characters all come out and do a meet and greet.
But isn't that just a normal parade, now? :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]