The Muppets 2 (2013?)

Started by Anthony, April 25, 2012, 06:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Sequel to The Muppets (2011) now confirmed!

QuoteIt's hard to believe that a few years ago, The Muppets weren't a priority for Walt Disney Studios.  How the times have changed.  That's because after director James Bobin, co-writer and star Jason Segel, and co-writer Nicholas Stoller delivered both a critical and commercial hit (The Muppets made almost $160 million worldwide not counting home video or merchandise), the studio decided to bring back Bobin and Stoller for the sequel.  However, while we knew that Segel wouldn't be coming back (read why here), not much was known about the sequel and the status of the script.  So when I sat down with Stoller earlier today at The Five-Year Engagement junket for our partners at Omelete, I asked what's the status of the film.  Thankfully, Stoller gave me some big updates:

• The Muppet Sequel is going to be a comedy caper.
  • Disney really wants the sequel and they want it as soon as possible.  Stoller says Disney wants to release it summer 2013 but he doesn't think that's realistic.
  • Jason Segel might cameo. (Since denied)
  • The sequel will introduce new Muppets.
  • Bobin and Stoller started writing the script yesterday. They wrote 13 pages after outlining the entire movie over the past few weeks.
Full article & interview: http://collider.com/the-muppets-2-seque ... ew/159240/

JelleP

From The Hollywood Reporter:
QuoteThe Muppets 2 also has gotten a release date -- March 21, 2014. Ricky Gervais and Ty Burrell star opposite the Muppets.
Source
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]