The Good Dinosaur (Pixar 2014)

Started by Anthony, April 25, 2012, 05:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

"The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs" has now been given a title and a release date:

The Good Dinosaur, US release date 30th May 2014.

QuoteThe film answers the question: "What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct?" The official plot synopsis calls the story a "hilarious, heartfelt and original tale". We don't know much more about the story but at D23 Expo, Pixar revealed a piece of concept art which featured a silhouetted brachiosaurus with a small kid on his head, standing in front of a sunset. Disney has not released this image online, but we do have some images from the past.

The film is being directed by Bob Peterson, who started at Pixar as an additional animator and layout artist on Toy Story, and worked on the story team for A Bug's Life and Toy Story 2. He was a story supervisor on Monsters Inc, and a writer on Finding Nemo and Up. He is better known to the public at large as the voice of Dug the dog from Up, Mr. Ray from Finding Nemo, Roz from Monsters Inc and Geri from the short film Geri's Game. He made his directorial debut on Up alongside Pete Doctor. Dinosaur is co-directed by longtime Pixar storyboard artist and animator Peter Sohn, who made his directorial debut with the Pixar short film Partly Cloudy. The movie is produced by John Walker, producer of The Incredibles.
http://www.slashfilm.com/pixars-the-goo ... 15-movies/

dagobert

I've read already about that and I'm so happy that Pixar is doing original movies again. Only Monsters Inc. gets a sequel/prequel.

Pixar is also planning a movie about Dia De Los Moertos and another movie that takes you inside the brain. All three sound interesting to me.