Cars - Die Cast collection

Started by Anthony, December 20, 2006, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I know this isn't strictly DLRP, but... Oh no!  I only went and started collecting them!

I'm the worst person ever for collections, I won't stop till I have every single one!  They're amazing little cars though, and at only £3 each I couldn't resist.  When you can get a tiny pin for 6€ at DLRP or a cool, detailed Cars character for about 4€, I know which one wins.

So far I have:

- Lightning McQueen
- Mater
- Doc Hudson
- Sally
- Lizzie
- Ramone (Green)
- Dinoco McQueen
- Chick Hicks
- DJ
- Leakless

- Luigi, Guido & Tractor
- Ramone (Purple) & Flo
- Red & Stanley

Anyone else caught the collecting fever?

Riebi

maybe you can now tour radiator springs or the cars factory with the Chick Hicks!  :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Yes, where is my free ticket to Pixar?! :lol:

Nala_84

Hey, looks sweet :) Where did you get them? And how small are the cars? Hehe, is "Lizzie" the English name for Sally? The light blue, pretty Porsche? ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Quote from: "Nala_84"Hey, looks sweet :) Where did you get them? And how small are the cars? Hehe, is "Lizzie" the English name for Sally? The light blue, pretty Porsche? ;)
No, Lizzie is the old-fashioned car:

Sally is the name for the Porsche. :)  You can get them from the Disney Store, Toys R Us, toy shops... lots of places really!  I got a few more from the Disney Store today (when I should have been buying presents.. lol).

laurs_disney_love

wow
wow you have chick hicks they are like gold dust over here
Star light star bright first star i see tonight i wish i may i wish i might have the wish i wish tonight.

davewasbaloo

Thanks to a friend in the states my son has all off these including Toy Story Cars, Monster's Inc Cars and Ferrari Luigi.  I love these.
since 2001 (many before that)

laurs_disney_love

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Thanks to a friend in the states my son has all off these including Toy Story Cars, Monster's Inc Cars and Ferrari Luigi.  I love these.

Yeah i just go hold of a hamm pig car i had to have it sent over from the states but its worth it when i see him sat on my desk lol
Star light star bright first star i see tonight i wish i may i wish i might have the wish i wish tonight.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "laurs_disney_love"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Thanks to a friend in the states my son has all off these including Toy Story Cars, Monster's Inc Cars and Ferrari Luigi.  I love these.

Yeah i just go hold of a hamm pig car i had to have it sent over from the states but its worth it when i see him sat on my desk lol

That's great.  My daughter loves the Hamm car.  But collecting Cars can easily become an obsession. I paid over the odds on eBay to get a hold of Sarge.

shell_ely

they are great little cars , my son will want to collect them i am sure!!

how much are they in disneyland ? :stitch_bounce:

laurs_disney_love

[/quote]That's great.  My daughter loves the Hamm car.  But collecting Cars can easily become an obsession. I paid over the odds on eBay to get a hold of Sarge.[/quote]

its the kids i feel sorry the cars were desigined and priced so they could afford them now parents are having to pay out three four times their value on e-bay

the amount of parents who come in to work saying their kids have started collecting and are only 2 or 3 cars away from the whole set but cant find them anywhere

davewasbaloo

We were determined to get our son all of them for Christmas (including Mack - the truck).  What started out as a reasonable £3/$6/5 euro toy ended up costing about £150/$300/£275 euro including shipping and customs.

Crazy, I know, but when you are only a few cars away, it becomes an obsession.  My son wouldn't have minded being a few short, but I had to get them all for him.  I'm glad though.  4 months on, my kids still play with them pretty much every day.  They are going to flip out over the attraction at WDS!