Second new attraction in 2014 - denied by Disney

Started by Josh, March 14, 2012, 01:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Personally I don't think Animagique should be replaced, DLP is severely lacking in shows compared to other resorts. Plus it's the only theatre production resort-wide that's open year round. Maybe they should just update it if they feel it's a bit dated, what about a Princess & The Frog scene? Can you imagine a fire fly effect in the show? It'd fit perfectly.

Also, I agree with not bringing Philharmagic to the studios. It's badly outdated and 3D shows aren't as impressive as they used to be due to them being widely available at cinemas around the world and almost every new release being in 3D.

CafeFantasia

In that same interview, Philippe Gas said:

"For fifteen years, we target all families with children. We lost a lot of energy talking to them indiscriminately regardless of their nationality and their profiles. Since 2006, we segment our offers and our communication."

What exactly does he mean? It sounds to me like even families with children wasn't a narrow enough target. So in the past 5 years they've narrowed down their focus even more!

If's that true, it's not good. What about all those people without children that enjoy the parks? What about solo visitors? What about young couples? What about old couples? What about families with teenagers?

netjack

I know it may not be anything more than a glimpse of hope, but I would really want the "Second Attraction" to be the Theatre District placemaking project that was in the pipeline for Production Courtyard not that long ago.

QuoteAfter the 2007 Hollywood Boulevard place-making around The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Theater District is - or was - a second planned place-making project for the rest of the land, primarily around Place des Stars, CinéMagique and Walt Disney Television Studios and possibly to be completed as part of the also-planned construction of Soarin'.

The Theatre District placemaking will focus entirely on the area surrounding Production Courtyard stage. It is the location where several technologies in movie projections will be demonstrated: Cinémagique, Stitch Live and Soarin' (in the future). The area will likely welcome several new Hollywood-style moviesets in front of the existing buildings. Guests will have to go through these sets to discover the actual attractions.
From viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3305

Lorum

Animagique should be replaced, yes. It's boring. It was a great show, but now it's boring. However, do you actually think DLP should cancel another live entertainment show? Another one? Really?

The Studios are enclosed by Studio Tram Tour. This attraction has no sense in that location. It's 'suffocating' the park. Remove this ride or move it!

I've created some beautiful maps.

Actual WDS.

Area that should be removed.

The problem with Studio Tram Tour is that the Catastrophe Canyon would be really difficult to move. But the right place for the attraction is next to Moteurs.. Action!

I would locate Fantasmic! behind Big Thunder Mountain and Studio Tram Tour next to Moteurs.. Action! But I think this is unlikely.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

|Q|

Quote from: "netjack"I know it may not be anything more than a glimpse of hope, but I would really want the "Second Attraction" to be the Theatre District placemaking project that was in the pipeline for Production Courtyard not that long ago.

Then he wouldn't have used the word "attraction", lol

Q

dagobert

Nice map, Lorum, but if I'm not mistaken, Disney can't remove that forest. I think I read somewhere that disney is forced by contract to keep a certain portion of it. Maybe someone else knows more about that.

Lorum

Well, then let's keep the forest. It's from.. e.g. Narnia.

Josh

And don't forget that directly behind that forest is where the new water recycling centre for the resort is being built. Sadly, moving the tour will be no easy task. It wasn't even in the original plans for the park that there would be any attractions there. The park was meant to snake to the left; away from the Disneyland Park. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Anthony

Quote from: "Lorum"Animagique should be replaced, yes. It's boring. It was a great show, but now it's boring. However, do you actually think DLP should cancel another live entertainment show? Another one? Really?
Always a shame to lose live entertainment, but in this case I think PhilharMagic would be so much better for the park. I'd love to see a Hyperion Theatre built further up our future Hollywood Boulevard. The reason why DLP has lost so many stage shows is because its theatres aren't big or suitable enough to justify the expense. Installing The Legend of the Lion King in the 400-seat Videopolis was, in hindsight, a ridiculous decision. They really need a proper theatre.

Also, the Animagique building is perhaps the most hideously lacking building in any Disney park in the world. Anything that could see some application of actual theme added to its façade is fine by me!

Quote from: "netjack"I know it may not be anything more than a glimpse of hope, but I would really want the "Second Attraction" to be the Theatre District placemaking project that was in the pipeline for Production Courtyard not that long ago.
It's unlikely to happen, but I agree it should. As excited as I am about millions being spent on Ratatouille, Euro Disney SCA don't seem to have paid any attention to the rest of the park in about 5 years now. Theater District was meant to happen at the same time as Soarin' was built in that corner, which now probably isn't going to happen any time soon. They really need to push through this project sooner, and please please just ditch the terrible Production Courtyard name and rename it to Hollywood Studio. A tiny change that would make such a difference.

If Armageddon were to change, I hope they'd also do something to Backlot. It's always been ugly, but only coming straight from areas like Toy Story Playland do you realise what a genuinely horrible place it is to be.

Lorum

And this option?

Disney's Hollywood Studios = 41 Ha

Walt Disney Studios Park (Now) = 16 Ha
Walt Disney Studios Park (Yellow Expansion included) = 24 Ha

Josh

That looks about right. And that should leave plenty of room for the third theme park behind it. :)

They could even put the new tram tour entrance at the back of the new land, behind the small forest.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Lorum

Exactly. That was the idea. lol

There is an area of 46 Ha behind Backlot. But is that the location for the third park?

|Q|

Quote from: "Lorum"Exactly. That was the idea. lol

There is an area of 46 Ha behind Backlot. But is that the location for the third park?

For what i've read the 3rd park plot should be the one between the newport bay club and boulevard du parc.

Q

ed-uk

Indeed, the 3rd park would be built on land over the road from the NPB Club. A few years ago someone had the bright idea of building a F1 race track on it instead, thank goodness that never happened.
Ed & David

Josh

No, that's where the volcano-themed water park will go. :) But I might be wrong about where the third park will go. That land could be reserved for Val d'Europe. But there's a lot more room for a third theme park between the Boulevard du Parc and the Circle Road.

Disneyland Paris
    [li]April 2012[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]