[HKDL] it's a small world (2008)

Started by The Butlin Boy, December 15, 2006, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Source: Screamscape

Quote2008 - It's A Small World - Confirmed - Hong Kong Disneyland confirmed plans to open an all new version of the classic It's A Small World attraction in early 2008. The ride will have a new twist however... for the first time more than 30 popular Disney characters will inhabit the various world scenes inside the ride, representing the various counties where their stories take place. Characters mentioned by name include Mulan, Peter Pan and Aladdin. The ride will also feature an expanded Asia section with scenes showing off popular landmarks such as The Great Wall, the Temple of Heaven and the Hong Kong skyline. There will also be a new middle eastern scene as well as a completely new scene to represent North America. There will be a grand finale where the children from all over the world come together for "a spectacular curtain call" aided by some special lighting effects.

"more than 30 popular Disney characters will inhabit the various world scenes inside the ride"
Sounds interesting! If you look closely at the right hand side of the second picture, you can see Cinderella dancing with prince charming :wink:

Samninetysix

Sounds awesome - and HK is probably top of my lists of other disney parks to see

Patrick

Well nice to see they FINALLY are getting IASW.  This park really to me seems still too small, people can always comment on how small wds is, but it's not a park trying to hold together a whole resort.  Really hope one day the imagineers do finally decide to give the park some unique attractions.

Japper

It's just like WDS , they have to begin small and then expand a lot! :)

Dlrpfan

yay! thank god its finally confermed!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

It's a Small World Logo Unveiled

PRESS RELEASE - HONG KONG (January 25, 2007) Having completed her first State Department trip to China in her new role as American Public Diplomacy Envoy, Michelle Kwan visited Hong Kong Disneyland today to enjoy the theme park and unveil the specially designed logo of "it's a small world" at Hong Kong Disneyland.

During her tour of the Park, the five-time world skating champion visited a special display area for "it's a small world", located in the Opera House on Main Street U.S.A. which will temporarily house two penguin figurines.

For the first time ever, more than 30 popular Disney characters, including Peter Pan, Aladdin and Mulan, will join the existing dolls to be seamlessly blended in the countries where their stories take place. Enhanced with an expanded Asia section which will include famous regional landmarks such as the Great Wall, the Temple of Heaven and the distinctive Hong Kong skyline, the attraction will also include a Middle Eastern scene and a new scene for North America – something not even North American Disney resorts enjoy!

The grand finale features the children of the world coming together from all the corners of the globe for a spectacular "curtain call" with some extraordinary optical lighting effects not seen on any other Disney ride!

More: http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=101

It's the old Disneyland entrance sign mixed with the classic "it's a small world" typeface.  Nice!  :D

Owain

No post in here for over a year !
Well ovbiously alots changed

From Disneytheque;

QuoteSome recent photos of the site, dated January 22 and the map of the park, which now shows the new attraction.

Its in the very top right of the map, looks abit faded.

Photos from; Keithlee83

penfold12

Dont get me wrong, I love this attraction, it is after all the Disney Original Classic. But for an underperforming park, im still not sure its the right choice. I love it because of its history and what it represents, but intodays world isnt this a liitle bit dated to be putting in as a major new attraction to draw the crowds??

mehdi5

Quote from: "penfold12"Dont get me wrong, I love this attraction, it is after all the Disney Original Classic. But for an underperforming park, im still not sure its the right choice. I love it because of its history and what it represents, but intodays world isnt this a liitle bit dated to be putting in as a major new attraction to draw the crowds??
I agree, they would have been better off with a Big Thunder Mountain or another big ride or thrillride, i don't think a lot of people would go to the park for It's A Small World, no offfense it's a good ride but not special enough to visit a park specificly for this ride :?

Owain

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "penfold12"Dont get me wrong, I love this attraction, it is after all the Disney Original Classic. But for an underperforming park, im still not sure its the right choice. I love it because of its history and what it represents, but intodays world isnt this a liitle bit dated to be putting in as a major new attraction to draw the crowds??
I agree, they would have been better off with a Big Thunder Mountain or another big ride or thrillride, i don't think a lot of people would go to the park for It's A Small World, no offfense it's a good ride but not special enough to visit a park specificly for this ride :?
They couldnt really go for BTM, as they dont even have a frontierland.

SMCD

Re:
Quote from: "Japper"It's just like WDS , they have to begin small and then expand a lot! :)

But unlike WDS the park offered nice themeing from the beginning. They do need to expand, though.

Agree. I would rather see something like PoTC or HM being built, but hopefully the new additions and effects for IASM will make it more original and memorable. The exterior looks pretty good, though.

Owain

Quote from: "SMCD"The exterior looks pretty good, though.
Yes, i agee. I love the way they decorated the train bridge to match the themeing of the area.

Malin

Its A Small World in my opinion is the perfect attraction to be heading to Hong Kong Disneyland. Its an attraction everyone from the kids to the Grand Parents can enjoy together. I'm very interested to see how the introduction of the 30 Disney characters will go. I'll be heading to Hong Kong in May and hope to ride this attraction.

Garrett

I think I'd be more interested in HKDL if it wasn't missing two big attractions. Pirates & Haunted Mansion. Hopefully they have plans to add them in the future, it's almost like blasphemy to have a Disneyland without either one.

-Garrett

disneyreporter

Source: //http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms

QuotePictures of the new Disney characters being added to It's a Small World in Hong Kong Disneyland have finally been released.  I think they look pretty good, fitting in nicely with the traditional character look.  If I didn't know they were Disney characters, I would have thought they were just like the other dolls.  While these characters are for the Hong Kong Disneyland version, replicas of these will end up in the Disneyland version if Disney does go through with their characterization plan.

Lilo and Stitch

Peter Pan and Wendy

Mulan

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
(http://www.disneyreporter.com)
Four years of magic and still going strong.