Sequoia Lodge 13th to 16th December 2011 updated day 3 and 4

Started by MissDisneyisMagical, December 23, 2011, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissDisneyisMagical

My 6th visit to DLRP
My bf's 3rd visit to DLRP

Day 1

Alarm woke us up at 0345
Taxi booked for 0430, arrived at Luton airport, checked in and got through to Departures quickly.
Eventually arrived at CDG T2B at approx 1010, waited ages on a bus to take us to the terminal, eventually got our bags by 1045. Due to the time decided to catch the VEA shuttle bus and just caught it in time! It was raining so heavily when we arrived which i was a bit nervous about but once i got to our hotel the weather was a lot calmer although still drizzly!

Headed to Disneyland Park and i still get the same feeling as i approach the gates. A magical feeling but im glad its not as cold as last year.
I cant remember individual rides i went on but it literally was a blitz of rides with barely any queues. i got around nearly all of the rides on the first day along with a bit of window shopping.

Headed back to Main street for OUAD, Christmas Tree Lighting (Duffy was so cute), Auroras Christmas Wish and Fantillusion.

OUAD, Christmas Tree Lighting and Fantillusion were similar to the other times I've seen them ( but still amazing) but for my first viewing of Aurora's Christmas Wish i was amazed. The castle looked fantastic and i loved the pretty coloured LED's used especially the pink.

Ended the night with a McDonalds. Unpacking and an early night! Had a lovely refurbished room on the same floor as reception  but one complaint of mine is that the heating wasn't very good even with it up at 29.5c it wasn't warm in the room and normally the room are lovely and toasty warm.

Day 2

Dark and early start with my alarm set for 7am and breakfast at 730am.
After breakfast headed to Disneyland Hotel for a nose around and a visit to the shop to see what decorations they had.

At 9am headed to Salon Mickey for my first visit! what a cute little place! Had a cookie and a bottle of water and took some photos and then headed to Walt Disney Studios.

Waited for Mickey to come out, had my photo taken with him, tried to get a photo with Chip and Dale but they were surrounded from all angles so i couldn't be bothered!

Had a quick ride on Studio Tram Tour before going to have my photo with Minnie, then came across Emile and some other characters but only had my photo with Emile as the other characters were again surrounded. Queued up for Sully saw Rafiki, Timon and Genie but they were busy so headed on some rides!

Went on Armageddon, and to see my favourite show Animagique and Flying Carpets over Agrabah before lining up to see Stars and their Cars.

Gaston and Cruella De Vil were really good and so in character.

After the parade went to Cinemagique, Had a quick snack and headed to the shops.

After a couple more rides went to Animagique again and then headed to the shop in Front lot to purchase a few pins and decorations. headed back through the majority of the shops in Disney Village. Had a couple of hours to relax in our hotel room before going to Cafe Mickey.

We had to queue to get in even with reservations - not had this before!
Once inside sat upstairs and our Waiter was fab. Although his colleague took ages getting our drinks but he got that sorted when he realised. Food was lovely and the characters were fab they even got my bf giggling and he had a couple of photos taken! Although Stitch always ignore us!! for the last 3 visits he ignored us!

After a lovely evening headed back to the hotel for a good nights sleep.

Day 3

Another busy day! Same breakfast time and quickly to Disneyland Park.
Got to the park about 815, it was very quiet hardly anyone about. Hardly any rides were open, however it wasn't raining which was perfect as I was getting all my character photos today!

Started with Mickey and Duffy. Duffy was so cute! I wasn't sure I'd like him after reading some other peoples opinions but he gave me a big hug and I was impressed!
After Mickey and Duffy, went on to Santa Goofy ( at this point it had started spitting but it didn't last very long).
Then onto Winnie the Pooh who did make me smile and had a little dance with him!
Then I met Baloo in Rhythms of the Jungle. He was quite funny although he messed up my hair!

After Baloo went for a quick ride on Pirates of the Caribbean, as Baloo swaps after a while to some other characters. Seems there was a problem on Pirates as at the end of the ride we had to wait ages to get off and so missed seeing our photo which I was quite sad about!

Back to Baloo, who had turned into Timon and King Louis.

The it was just time for Following the Leader with Peter Pan. I loved this show it was so good but it had to stop about 5 mins before the end due to the rain. As the characters walked back towards fantasyland they stayed in character for the journey and took photos with people and the pirates were mocking people it was quite funny.

Had some time to hit some more rides and walked around Nautilus for the first time! Then queued up in the Princess Pavilion as the rain was coming down quite hard by now, and I assumed Mickey's Magical Celebration wouldn't go ahead, however after coming past I saw the very end of it so it did go ahead!

Met Tiana, and Snow White was the other princess. Have to say I was quite nervous meeting Tiana I didn't want to stand on her dress so wasn't very close in the photo to her and I was bright red as I was so nervous lol!

Due to the rain a lot of rides closed - from Pinocchio to Pirates.

Went in a few shops and purchased some decorations for my tree at home and some pins and also an umbrella. The umbrella was quite frankly awful as it was so windy it blew inside out the majority of the day.

Had a quick bite to eat at Casey's Corner and watched Disney's Dance Express.

Then queued up to meet Rapunzel. It most definitely was an hour to queue to meet her! Once Rapunzel arrived, Flynn came down the queue to entertain us so I had my photo taken with Flynn as well.

After meeting Rapunzel, was just in time to see OUAD from right at the end of the parade route near Its a Small World. I've never watched from here before and was quite impressed of the view.

Went and got my free hot chocolate (from purchasing food earlier) and watched all the evening parades at various points on Main street.

Then to McDonalds, before packing and a good nights sleep.

Day 4

Our final day, another early start, although I did our final bits of packing and put our bags in Left Luggage and then went to Salon Mickey instead of EMH as I didn't think it was really worth it due to the amount of rides that weren't open.

Went to the photo shop on Main street to view my character photos I had taken, got two of myself with Mickey and Duffy and one with Goofy. Wasn't keen on the ones with Tiana but that was no surprise.

Headed straight for Casey's Junior as its one of my favourite rides and it was only open today. Went on Peter Pan, Pirates, Molly Brown, Buzz and Phantom Manor.

Went to watch Following the Leader, although it rained a little they carried on with the show and I got to see it all!

Walked around Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Its a Small World, Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana, Phantom Manor, Nautilus.

Headed to Main Street to watch Mickey's Magical Celebration to be told it was on even though it was raining. About 5 mins before the show was due to start a tannoy announcement came across to say it wasn't happening due to weather conditions. I was gutted as it was raining less than the day before and it went ahead the day before.

Had some lunch at Casey's Corner, before shopping for pins and decorations.

Went on a few more rides, took a few more photos, checked out the Pirate ship refurb, couldn't see anything happening I presume due to the weather. Looked around La Taniere du Dragon and took a final walk around the park before my last ride on Its a Small World.

Watched OUAD for the last time, before heading to Disneyland Hotel to purchase another bauble for my tree!

I hate leaving Disney without seeing the night time parades it makes me really sad that I don't get to see them one last time that I always have tears in my eyes.

Got back to Sequoia Lodge, collected our bags and waited for VEA shuttle to take us to CDG airport.

Got to the airport, checked in to find our flight was delayed about an hour and eventually got home just before midnight.

My 6th Disney Paris trip was a success, I had so much fun! shame about the weather, however as it wasn't as cold as it was last year I shouldn't be complaining.

Am already looking for my 20th Anniversary trip I'm just so excited!

Will try and put some pics up and possibly a video soon. Hope you enjoyed my report.
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

MrsPirate

Nice report, do you have any photos of the refurbed rooms, we had an un refurbed one this time  :(

I look forward to reading the rest.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

MissDisneyisMagical

I do have some photos but only a couple but I've no idea how to get photos on here that's why its a bit bare! Day 3 coming soon lol
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="