Frozen (Disney 2013)

Started by Anthony, December 23, 2011, 04:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Yes, adjectives are still big in the fairytale world.

The Snow Queen is apparently back in production and headed for a November 2013 release!

QuoteThe story is an adaptation of author Hans Christian Andersen's 1845 fairytale The Snow Queen. The project has been in development at the mouse house off and on for at least a decade, originally shelved in late 2002, Glen Keane infamously quit the project in 2003, and the film was put on hold again in March 2010. When the project was last in development, it was set to be Disney's next hand drawn animated film after The Princess and The Frog. We don't know if that is still the case or if it is now a computer animated release. BleedingCool seems to think it will be hand drawn. Before the project was put on hold in 2010, we learned that Alan Menken, the musical mastermind behind The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, was working on the music.
More: http://www.slashfilm.com/walt-disney-an ... and-drawn/

I'm very excited for this, although I'm surprised Disney didn't notice one problem with that hip adjective of a title: searching for "Disney Frozen" or worse "Frozen Disney" only brings up that old urban myth about Walt right now... :lol:

NanookJackal

Oh thats cool... so now i cross my paws that the project won´t stop again...
Hope it will again another hand drawn animation, realy can´t wait to read more  :D

Oh look it´s not called The Snow Queen anymore, i think its because Rapunzel oh sorry Tangled worked so good  :mrgreen:

ed-uk

I'm really looking forward to The Snow Queen, and if it comes up to the standard of Tangled it's going to be good. I hope they don't change the name. I don't like the name Tangled, Disney should have called it Rapunzel but I cant fault the film.
Ed & David

sebassah

After the success of Tangled I can only say i'm excited for this one!

DisneyDancer92

Im so excited for this! Tangled really made me feel that "disney is back again"- I hope they will get Alan Menken or Stephen Schwartz to write the music :D I honestly dont really care if its handdrawn or CGI, as long as it has that special "disney feel". Very much looking forward to see how it turns out :D! Maybe we could get a new disney renaissance! I sure hope so!

Quote from: "ed-uk"I don't like the name Tangled, Disney should have called it Rapunzel but I cant fault the film.
I agree! "Rapunzel" would have been a better choice- but it probably did help it comercially, otherwise some people might have written it off as being a "princess-movie"  :|

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

Scissorsboi

The Snow Queen isn't quite as catchy as Frozen though (although together they do make me think of Madonna!), but I'm excited to finally see this, purely as it's may be the first version of the story which isn't a terrible made for TV production.

I'm holding out for hand drawn animation on this one though, Princess and the Frog had so much charm, and while Tangled was a great re-boot of their CGI branch (despite the fact that I loved Meet the Robinsons, Chicken Little fell short for me!), I'd like to see the classic tales in a medium as timeless as their stories!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Anthony

Surprised no-one has posted this... http://d23.disney.go.com/news/2012/06/f ... mber-2013/

QuoteFrozen in Theaters November 2013

06.11.12 – Walt Disney Animation Studios unveils the epic adventure Frozen, starring film/TV/stage Star Kristen Bell and Tony® Award-winner/film/TV star Idina Menzel.

Directed by Chris Buck and produced by Peter Del Vecho, Frozen features the vocal talents of film/TV/stage star Kristen Bell as Anna, a young dreamer about to take the adventure of a lifetime, and Tony Award-winning actress Idina Menzel as Elsa the Snow Queen. The movie will feature original songs by Broadway greats Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

In Frozen, a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, so Anna (voice of Bell) must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find the Snow Queen (voice of Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.

Kristen has starred in a variety of films, including the comedies Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Couples Retreat, and the upcoming films Hit & Run, Some Girls and the Farrelly Brothers' Movie 43. On the small screen, Kristen is currently starring in the Showtime series House of Lies alongside Don Cheadle; she has also starred in Heroes and Veronica Mars. Broadway credits include The Crucible and Tom Sawyer.

Idina, who won a Tony Award as Best Actress in a Musical for her role as Elphaba in Broadway's Wicked (2004), landed her first role on Broadway in 1995 in the Tony Award-winning musical Rent. Film credits include Enchanted and the feature film Rent. She has appeared in a recurring role on TV's Glee and recently released Idina Menzel Live: Barefoot at the Symphony, a live concert with an orchestra led by composer/conductor Marvin Hamlisch. Idina is currently on a North American concert tour.

Robert Lopez is a three-time Tony Award-winning writer of the Tony and Grammy® Award-winning musical The Book of Mormon, which was co-written with Trey Parker and Matt Stone (South Park), and the musical Avenue Q, which ran for six years on Broadway and four years in London's West End. Robert teamed with wife Anderson-Lopez, whose Drama Desk-winning show In Transit is Broadway-bound, to write original songs for 2011?s Winnie the Pooh, a stage version of Finding Nemo and a new musical called Up Here.
So that's where Kristof(f) has disappeared to... ;)

Columbiad

Looks like a great songwriting tea behind it - I'm a huge fan of Avenue Q and of The Book of Mormon. And as a die-hard Wicked fan, I love Idina Menzel. It's a shame to see the original Anderson story done away with though - glad it's not called The Snow Queen now.

DisneyDancer92

Its sounds SO good :D!! cant wait to see it! Looking much more forward to this than "Wreck-it-ralph" :/ I so hope that with "Tangled, and now "Frozen" DIsney is finally returning to making magical musical fairytales :D I actually dont mind if its in CGI or not- as many have said before, if Walt had lived he would probably be using the new technology anyway. But he wouldnt have thrown out the good stories and great music. I hope these movies are the mark of a change :D Disney has had several dead periods over the years just to come back stronger than ever :)

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

sailorsun2008

There are other pictures on the internet that show Anna and it looks like they've already got a good few concept images for her. I hope they they stick with the recent trend of having girls that are independent and a good storyline, that's why I preferred Tangled to Princess and the Frog simply because I thought Rapunzel was a more realistic character, Tiana just seemed a bit blind to everything around her. I am really looking forward to this though, I love the idea!
meow =]
Past trips to DLRP ~Two trips in 2001~2002~2003~Two trips in 2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~ ~ DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Off site

Ravenseye

Ooooh sounds good to me. This may well be the return to Disney magic in their movies that we have been waiting for.  :?:  :?:
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

BigDisneyFn

INDINA MENZEL : D WILL VOICE THE SNOW QUEEN

sailorsun2008

There's a poster up in the Pin Trading point in Frontierland if anyone is going and wants to check it out. It looks like a picture of the snow queen that's on the internet but at least we know it's real, hopefully dates will be coming out soon!
meow =]
Past trips to DLRP ~Two trips in 2001~2002~2003~Two trips in 2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~ ~ DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Off site

PrincessEnya

GUYS! The first teaser is out!

[youtube:kgdhtqom]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdC4DaYIeQ[/youtube:kgdhtqom]
Goldie, look at this! Look at all the blood in his mustache! Good sir, that\'s a lot of blood!

ed-uk

Looks like fun, it reminds me a little of a scene from Bambi.  I have high hopes for this one but I doubt that it will better Bambi which of course is one of the great Disney classics.
Ed & David