La Taniere du Dragon refurb

Started by DopeyDad, December 16, 2011, 11:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadKid

The room looks a bit brighter.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

kate&phoo

I love the dragon.

For some reason it epitomises to me everything Disney is and should be.

I'm really glad she's all fixed now  :thumbs:

BadKid

Quote from: "kate&phoo"I love the dragon.

For some reason it epitomises to me everything Disney is and should be.

I'm really glad she's all fixed now  :thumbs:

Isn't she meant to be the biggest animatronic in Disneyland Paris?
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

captain rocket

Do we actually know that "she" is female?

BadKid

Quote from: "captain rocket"Do we actually know that "she" is female?

Well, the castle is sometimes called Sleeping Beauty's castle. And the dragon in the Disney film is named Maleficent. But that's what I think. I'm not really sure.
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

BlackPearl

Quote from: "captain rocket"Do we actually know that "she" is female?
In the movie the evil sorceress Malefitz turns into the dragon to fight the prince at the end of the film.
So, I guess it's a "she".  ;)

Josh

Yes, that's true. You'll find many signs around the cave with her distinct horns design. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

captain rocket

Well, thats good enough for me, a lady she is!!

captain rocket

And here's the sign outside featuring those horns

BadKid

I wonder how much the animatronic cost to make.
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Sully

Glad she's back, was disappointed not to be able to visit when I went in November.

DGRavenswood

Actually (yeah, I'm once again going to spoil the party with a random bit of trivia)...... it's not supposed to be Maleficent. According to the official backstory, it's a dragon that Merlin found in an egg one morning and decided to keep right under his magic shop where it is to this day.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Columbiad

Thats a strange backstory considering the obvious references to Maleficant's distinctive horns.

DGRavenswood

Maybe... but it's official and was even retold in various publications back in 1992.

It is Sleeping Beauty Castle, so those design references may well just be a nod to that story's own dragon. Let's not forget that Malificent died at the end of the movie...
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

BadKid

Quote from: "DGRavenswood"Actually (yeah, I'm once again going to spoil the party with a random bit of trivia)...... it's not supposed to be Maleficent. According to the official backstory, it's a dragon that Merlin found in an egg one morning and decided to keep right under his magic shop where it is to this day.

I've heard that story before...
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)