VIP Places for Disney Dreams

Started by Magicpartytime, August 16, 2014, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I had heared just are only 40 VIP Places this can you buy. It costs 65€. how do you like this idea ?

Good idea
4 (10%)
No good idea
36 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: October 15, 2014, 02:25:25 PM

jimtrim

I think the VIP area started in front of Casey's Corner (which was insanely crap and no - definitely not - worth 65e - but then (I think?:) did get moved to in front of the castle. But I didn't think it was directly in front of the castle, but slightly to the side. When I went at least (some time ago now though 2012) people started sitting directly in front of the castle about two hours before the start to get this premium position and hence obviously didn't pay for it, (but did have the inconvenience of waiting and waiting... and waiting! :) The disabled section was to the middle-center right section of plaza. 
Anyway. also that price did include the special 20th Anniversary set menu at Walts (maybe you guys are missing this part out?) So, doesn't make it as much - but still probably not worth the money.

I'm just gonna chuck this question out there..... what would you say, if they made a dinner-show of Videopolis (for example the Lion King, as this was in my opionion one of the best shows the park has ever produced). You'll probably say "WHAT", but some of the visual effects with the waterfall, the lighting design I think actually rival, or at least offer a comparable mini-version to the full broadway musical - maybe not quite as artful or symbolic interpretation...
But they had real(!!), decent singers and dancing - I greatly miss this show :'(

Perhaps someone could clarify why they actually did ditch it - I never got the official word? I presume cost. It always seemed a complete and utter shambles, sporadiclly trying to arrive to pick up tickets from a CM handing them out in a swamped corner of Discoveryland.
...And then tickets running out, loads of people told to come back later and still maybe not seeing it, whilst a practically 2/3rd's of the theatre remained unoccupied for the odd, sparse visitor who wanted to dine from Cafe Hyperion above.

Did anyone else think this was absurd? (especially if it was money, there was obviously no way they could support 6/7 shows a day)
I completely want Disney to be an all-inclusive park (and the Dreams VIP is just plain economic segregation- there's no need for it), but I, as much as anyone else, would love to see the theatres used periodically all year round...?
After all, they do dining packages for World of Colour, don't they? I guess the problem is these theatres are inside, without any capacity to cater for that many.

There must be a solution to these theatres - anyone have one ;D.... if people want to talk about this, maybe post a new thread?

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/

Princess Chloe

I think its just a money making scheme and they shouldnt be charging that amount of money to be at the front to see it. I would rather wait a while then pay that amount of money for a front row view when you can get a good view of it further on for free.  :)

DisneyManiac

This option for paying should be dropped and used occasionally on VIP Tours or Guided Tours of the park. So you can save and be lucky at the same time.

Thaliel

man that sounds unnecessary, at leat the previous vip offer was the Dreams dinner, which included some nice food.
<-Plz click

Esti

Yesterday, Sunday, the park was packed and there was no one on the reserved area. It is just in front of the castle, so it is a good spot, but most of the plaza is just as good. People would sit just behind the rope, so they basically had the same view that they want people to pay 65€ for, and free, waiting only an hour (which I don't think is THAT long, and by that time many people are so tired they actually appreciate sitting down for a bit).

I could understand giving them a good spot and some goodies, but 65€ to get on the same floor as everybody else... seems like a joke. They didn't try very hard. My guess is it won't last long, specially if it hasn't worked when there's been a massive affluence.

littlebitofpixiedust

I wouldn't pay it! isnt that where the disabled area is? We could use this to watch dreams as my sons disabled, but they only let one person stand with him in this section. So we've never done this the whole point to us is doing things as a family not spilling up and standing in different sections.
But they have room to sell the spaces? Nice one. But a disabled child isn't allowed to stay with their parents or siblings.
Much rather wait an hour like all you guys said that pay!

nathalie

I don't think it's the place within the plaza where the disabled persons can be.  There simply isn't any room left to put in other people, I use the space too sometimes, and it's so crowded always.

Disabled people would need to reserve a spot there then, otherwhise there ain't no room for them anymore.

Isn't it just a space they rope off on the road?

Esti

It seems like it's getting more popular, since this past week I've always seen at least a family there, and yesterday they had about 20 people. Surprisingly, I've usually seen families of between 5 and 10 members. I guess some people don't mind wasting money. They could buy their 2 kids 5 gorgeous costumes each with that money, and watch the show from almost the same place by just arriving 15 minutes earlier.

I've also seen most people arrive at around 8:30, when there's still some nice spots. Okay, it might be more difficult if you're a party of 10, but damn, can't a couple of adults sit at 8:15 in the first row and reserve some seats for the rest? And you see the show just as well.

It seems like they get a personal CM for them, though. From what I've seen, the CM's job is to tell them how special they are, how much better their cold piece of pavement just 1 meter away from me is, and to watch the kids while the parents get up during the show to take pictures.

So basically, you pay 60€ to feel special while your ass is as cold as mine.

jimtrim

...nicely put Basketca :) That probably sums it up pretty well!

... drawing by day, dreaming by night, Disney fan all the time!:)
http://www.jimtrim.co.uk/

nathalie

I think many only get go there once in their lifetime, and want to take all they can from the trip.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: nathalie on September 13, 2014, 04:06:13 PM
I don't think it's the place within the plaza where the disabled persons can be.  There simply isn't any room left to put in other people, I use the space too sometimes, and it's so crowded always.

Disabled people would need to reserve a spot there then, otherwhise there ain't no room for them anymore.

I think it's a roped of area we have never used it for dreams but the parade I have but as I said only one carer can stay with my son, and obviously his grandparents ect want to see him enjoying himself. Hes non-verbal so his facial expressions ect mean everything to us so wel always go near the railings where he can stay in his wheelchair and see :) I'm going soon so I'll have a nose!

nathalie

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on September 16, 2014, 10:48:20 PM
Quote from: nathalie on September 13, 2014, 04:06:13 PM

I think it's a roped of area we have never used it for dreams but the parade I have but as I said only one carer can stay with my son, and obviously his grandparents ect want to see him enjoying himself. Hes non-verbal so his facial expressions ect mean everything to us so wel always go near the railings where he can stay in his wheelchair and see :) I'm going soon so I'll have a nose!

I know  :)  I am able to use the EAC aswell.

DisneyRon

There's one big plus to those VIP spots for dreams, standing at the rope behind the VIP area offers some of the clearest lines of sight to the castle and best of all you're not paying 65 euros for it. ;D