christmas trip 21st to 25th

Started by big disney kid, November 29, 2011, 12:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big disney kid

i have been in two minds to post this trip report as you will read later on it started great but went downhill .            
  •                                                                                                                                                        anyway we set off on monday from belfast everything was on time and the kids were bouncing with joy at going to disneyland and me as well as i am a big kid really we arrived at cdg at around 4 o clock tio shuttle were wating for us loaded the suitcases and away we went 9 of us in total 5 kids 4 big kids  we had booked santa fe in june but got a deal to upgrade to sequia lodge we arrived around 5 and quickly got checked in up to the rooms we went girls in one room boys in the other got everything sorted and away we went straight to the parks done a few rides as the place was not really busy then we waited for the fantillusion parade we took my sons friend and the wifes nephew this year as neither had ever been before so it made the trip a wee bit more magical for us all after the parade was over we went to mc donalds for a quick bit to eat then we took a quick look around the shops and then we went back to our rooms as the kids were getting realy tired and as we planned to get up at 6 in the morning to make the most of the emh and get breakfast out of the way so i was getting the boys ready for bed and this is were the trip took a nose dive                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     i pulled the sheets back on one of the beds and the bed was crawling in bed bugs and i mean crawling now the wife threw a wobbler once i told her and to be honest i was raging as well .i then went straight down to reception to complain well i did not get the responce i was looking for the cm as much suggested i was seeing things which made me lose my temper i asked to see the manager and after 10 minutes she arrived told her the problem and took her to the room she then seen the blighters for her self and said she was sorry and asked did i want to move to another room well me or the wife didnt to be honest i could not get the thought out of my head  so we asked to be moved she then left and came back saying the only hotel available was the santa fe as all the others were fully booked up which i told her it was a load of rubbish but we were ok with going to the santa fe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        i then asked for the difference in money to be refunded she said that could not be done by this time i was ready to throttle someone but then she came back with meal vouchers for all of us for two days which i was ok with we then went to the sant fe checked in again and off to bed thank goodness that day was over ..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           day 2 up early and away we went got our breakfast in the park which we have done before but this time the place was im afraid to say infested with mice some people seemed to find this amusing that they were running round the tables well i was not one of them went to complain to a cm and she was not interested one bit just shrugged her shoulders and left now if the mice are running round the tables there in the kitchens for sure im sorry to say this but since we were last there the place has gone to the dogs and simply is not worth the money anymore we went to earl of sandwhich for breakfast which was great really nice food                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 the rest of the day we did a lot of the rides for the big kids and the little ones seen a few parades etc etc and to be honest it was pretty much the same the next day on thursday we done a bit of shopping and the wife always takes a wee look around the disney hotel so off me and her went the eldest daughter took the kids to see a few shows so it gave us a bit of time to our selfs  so off we went had a look around i wasnt really interested to be honest but the wife loves having a look around it as were were coming down the main stairs to go out in the corner of the lobby i spot a rat and a gentleman behind me also seen it my wife also spotted it we went to tell a cm and we may as well of talked to walts statue she then said she would look into it asap asked what hotel i was staying in which i told her she then rolled her eyes once i told her it was the santa fe i asked her was there a problem which she said no sir no problem but she had a bad attitude and she was not the only cm who had this attitude problem a lot of them did not seem to give a dam dont get me wrong there were loads of them who went out of there way to interact with the kids but they were few and far between at this point i could not wait to get home                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    to be honest the place is a disaster and not worth it anymore disney dont seem to give a dam anymore they want your money but offer poor service in return we have been going for years but im afraid i wont be back and im sorry if this report upsets anyone i felt i had to post it to warn anyone else going that these things are going on hotels over here in the uk would not get away with it .the place has a big rodent problem and if there getting into hotel lobbys then they are getting in every where as i said we have been loads of times and if im honest i have never seen rats but this time they were loads of them and the place is coming down with huge traps .i will try and finish this report later in the week with some cheerfulll photos and again sorry if this has offended or upset anyone i felt i had to post it , i have sent of loads of emails on what happened but im not holding my breath on getting a reply back ,,,,,,, big disney kid

DutchBrit

Doesn't sound much fun! I find it hard to believe that there was no other hotel available, although in those circumstances I would have just moved to another room in the Sequoia. Unless standards have slipped dreadfully in a year, there ARE rooms without problems because we had one last year. I suppose the fact that you'd upgraded from the Santa Fe for the same money was why you wouldn't get a refund, but at least you got the meal vouchers.

I think it's a pretty open secret that they've got a rodent issue, but it must be getting pretty bad if they've even made it into the Disneyland Hotel!!! All theme parks have them: it's a fact of life, but they clearly need to take some extra measures in Paris.

I would certainly make an official complaint about your treatment: CM should at least pretend to be concerned. But a slight tip, do throw in a bit of punctuation. It would make it much easier to read, especially for someone who's first language wasn't English, which may be the case.

Good luck!

big disney kid

sorry about the punctuation was in a rush to get it of my chest and yes i agree about no other hotel being available she just did not really seem to care                  i also agree about the rodents as you say all parks have them but to me the problem is getting really bad                    i was just unlucky that most things went pear shape im sur im not the only one and wont be the last but thats the way it goes

Epcot_Boy

I bet you were  :evil:  at this treatment. I do not believe for one minute that there were no other rooms available outside of the Sequoia (except for the SF), end of November and Monday to Friday, no way at all :x  I suspect that there was a real lack of being prepared to help or put themselves out.
I have to say that for the times I have stayed at the SL the standard of the rooms and standard of care shown by the Hotel staff has been very high indeed, and I can be a real fusspot :oops:, so your account is pretty disturbing :o  :(
As regards the pest problem, it does seem to be getting worse judging by other accounts I have read and I did read on another forum that someone had contacted the French Health authorities regarding this problem in the resort and was told, I believe, 'That Disneyland reaches the highest of standards  :^o ', make of that what you will :|
I agree that with your experiences it would be hard to justify going back again (who would want to afterall :( ). It's of no comfort to you I know, I just hope that I do not have the same experiences, because as yet I have not, I would be well and truly gutted if I did :cry:
I do know how you feel though, lets hope things improve for you so that you can give your children a magical experience before they grow up too much [-o<

David

big disney kid

could not agree more with you epcot but its over and done with now sent away an e mail to complain and i will see what happens                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              as far as the rodent problem is  if the french authorites say disney is up to standard well i would not like to see the places they visit that are below standard  / and as ive said before we have been loads of times and never had a problem at all i could not of said enough about the place but to me that standards are droping                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                but we will not be going back it is getting far to expensive to eat and stay there we will just save and go to florida  in a few years

jackieann

i think you did the right thing to post your concerns at least your being honest with how you saw things while you were there, if anything purely so people can be prepared to be a little bit disappointed.  I am staying at the SL in Dec and just pray that our room is o.k i am rather nervous about it.  Stayed at the cheynne in Oct and my mum and hubby were bitten a few times didn't think much of it but it was probably the beds. Will make sure i pack our bug spray this trip.

MrsPirate

What a horrible experience made worse by bad customer service. I also find it hard to believe there were no rooms other than at the Santa Fe. I hope they take your written complaint more seriously, keep us updated.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018