21st - 24th November Trip [+ Video]

Started by Supershop, November 26, 2011, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supershop

I frequently lurked these forums for weeks before my Disneyland trip and you really helped me out a lot, and saved me a bit of money with all the top tips. I thought it would be a bit rude of me not to post a little thank you to all the forum members and administrators who add top tips to this website.

As a little thank you, I have made a cute little video of my trip and uploaded it to YouTube, have a little look and hopefully it will get you in the mood for your next visit.

[youtube:a1ki0ley]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH5ESYTDQvo[/youtube:a1ki0ley]

(It was filmed on one of those old Super 8 cameras.)

So, thank you all for all your help.
See you again soon :)

x.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a short report of my own, on my DLP experience.

Sequoia lodge

Literally a 10 minute walk from the park through the Disney Village. It actually takes longer on the bus than it does walking.

The breakfast was great if you like cold meat, cereal, cheese, croissants, coffee and orange juice. I thought I'd get into the French spirit one morning and I had olives and tomatoes on toast with a garlic spread. It was lovely, but the garlic smell stayed with me for the rest of the day, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. School boy error I suppose. I settled for the croissants the next day.

The rooms are great. Cleaned with a new soap and new clean glasses everyday.

The cocktails at the bar are brilliant but rather expensive at €11 a pop. I do advise you to try at least one, and sit down by the rip roaring fire in the Sequoia lodge bar one night after the parks.

Disney Village

Just outside the Disney village there's a train station, with a newsagent inside. It is way cheaper than anywhere else on the Disney estate and I don't think many people know about it. €2 for a can of beer, €1,60 for a bottle of pop and it's the only place that I saw that served cigarettes and they were cheaper than UK prices. Which was a surprise.

Billy-Bob's and the Sports bar were great if you wanted a cheaper snack/meal. You had a Main + Dessert + Beer for €13. Which is hell of a lot cheaper than all the other places.

King Ludwigs Castle restaurant has a happy hour from 17:30 - 19:00 which is buy one get one free on all beers. Which is a great place to stop for a wind down after a long day at the park. Plus the BOGOF offer justifies paying €7 for a beer.

Planet Hollywood is a great place to go but me and my friends had a bad experience when we visited this time. It didn't have the same atmosphere as the first time I went and the staff didn't really look that bothered.

Rainforest cafe, lovely food and lovely a staff. A bit on the expensive side but well worth the experience. I paid around €26 for lamb burrito's, a side order of chips and a large glass of diet coke.

I wanted to visit the IMAX theatre, but there weren't any English language films being shown. Which was a shame. Even though, I was quite tired at that point and I probably would have slept through half the film. So, I saved myself €12 there.

Disneyland Parks

I'll let you decide for yourself what the parks are like. Plus, I wouldn't want to spoil anything for you. Everyone has a different experience, but, the only thing I'm saying is, everyone left with a smile on their face.

Epcot_Boy

Loved it :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing =D>

David

MrsPirate

We loved the video, it looks like you had a brilliant time.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

BadKid

I love the video!<3
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Supershop

Reminiscing about my trip to Disneyland Paris last year and thought I'd check out this DLP Trip report that I posted. It's brought back loads of great memories and I'm gutted that I'm not going this year now. Ahh well, even more of a reason to start saving for next year.

SwipatronSparks

i cant see the video it just says its private =[ but good report =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Supershop

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"i cant see the video it just says its private =[ but good report =]

Sorry, for some reason YouTube set all my video's to private. I've fixed this, and you can watch the video now.

SwipatronSparks

i love it =] its such a cute video and the music fits in so well =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....