Disney Photo Pass system introduced to Paris

Started by aklyja, November 16, 2011, 09:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aklyja

According to tweeter @insideDLParis the photo pass system is being tested in Paris from this week

//http://twitpic.com/7etizd

aklyja

And another picture

smithl16

I go tomorrow for a week so I'll report back on this if I find anything out

littlemermaid83

This is a great if this gets the go ahead. I'm a sucker for purchasing photos.

Any ideas how much this could cost?

ETA- This just looks like it replaces the paper system and the usual price per photo will apply. So it's not exactly like the photopass system in America where you can go home and edit your photos etc.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

aklyja

Yeah, it looks like instead of having lots of little bits of paper to lose you'll only have one!  Wonder if you'll be able to use it for ride photo's as well.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

The one in America only let's you edit photos once you have bought them. But this still doesn't look like the proper Photo Pass system as you can order photos online with that. That will probably come later if this proves successful.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "PirateSteve"The one in America only let's you edit photos once you have bought them. But this still doesn't look like the proper Photo Pass system as you can order photos online with that. That will probably come later if this proves successful.

I can't see it ever being like the system in America, I also can't see DLP having photo pass photographers randomly hanging around the park to take photos in front of the castle etc. They probably can't afford the extra staff or cameras lol.

I really just see this as a replacement for the paper tickets and nothing more.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

andrewuk

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I can't see it ever being like the system in America, I also can't see DLP having photo pass photographers randomly hanging around the park to take photos in front of the castle etc. They probably can't afford the extra staff or cameras lol.

I think this would be a money-spinner; I'd certainly buy a professional photo of the whole family in front of the castle.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

They did announce a few months back that they had employed a professional photographer, a Royal family photographer no less. You'd think they will set up a photo location near the Castle so people can get a pro shot of the whole family.

hey should employ Photos Magiques and Disneygraphy to be official photographers around the parks and then bring in a proper photo pass system like they have in the US.

Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

steppelemming

The new photo pass is just to replace the bits of paper previously given.  We got one yesterday when we had photos with santa goofy, almost panicked when we went to look at them though as it took ages for the chap to find the photos of me and hubby together with goofy, he kept telling us that the ones with just me were the only ones on there  :? .  We paid €15 for 1 photo with no frame, far too expensive but we really liked the picture  :-"
Disney trips
1988 - WDW Florida
1994 - WDW Florida
1996 - WDW Florida
1998 - WDW Florida
2000 - DLRP Caravan
2001 - DLRP Hotel cheyenne
2007 - DLRP Explorers hotel
2008 - DLRP Kyriad hotel
2010 - DLRP xmas trip, sequoia lodge
2011 - DLRP hotel cheyenne
2012 - Halloween here we come

aliscrapper

This is great - especially being able to view all the photo's taken both in the Park and the Studio's back in your Disney Hotel shop! :thumbs:

I just wish they would sell the images to you on a CD; as I've always thought the quality of the photo's they print isn't the greatest! :(

aklyja

Yeah I'd rather they sold a disk with the images on rather than individual photo's.  I'd be more inclined to buy them on a disk or even a USB stick than as a printed image in the park - too easy to damage in transit and I like being able to put my photo's up on Facebook.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "PirateSteve"They did announce a few months back that they had employed a professional photographer, a Royal family photographer no less. You'd think they will set up a photo location near the Castle so people can get a pro shot of the whole family.

That photographer would never get a day off if they have only employed one professional  :lol:

lorrig

I can't see them letting you buy your photos on a CD or stick unless they bump the price up hugely. If they sell them this way they are actually selling you the copyrights of the photos for you to print out at will.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think they still own the copyrights of the images even if you have bought the photo, which means you shouldn't really scan them and copy them.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

The Photopass system in the US allows you to buy the digital images, so I guess we just want the same in Paris. Maybe in time the current service will evolve.

Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13