uploading photo's on to trip reports ? Whats the best way?

Started by Minne&Mickey92, October 05, 2011, 12:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minne&Mickey92

Hi ,

im preparing to finally do my trip report but i'm unsure of the best way or generally how to upload them to this forum, ive got a mac and all my photo's are stored in iphoto don't know if that makes any difference :)

If anyone can help me it'll be much appreciated :)

AislingM

I dont know if your computer makes a difference but I uploaded all my photos onto a website called photobucket. You need to make the album public or else it wont work and then all you do is click the url under the photo you want and then copy and paste it to your report. Hope this helps
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

norhel

I'm using Picasa on the web, and there the album doesn't need to be public. You could just copy the URL for the image itself and past it in.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

bethella

Im the same, i will be doing my trip report in a few weeks and have no idea how to work everything, will have to ask my 14 year old son  :oops:
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

Minne&Mickey92

Quote from: "norhel"I'm using Picasa on the web, and there the album doesn't need to be public. You could just copy the URL for the image itself and past it in.

hi thanks for your help all the images i want are on picasa online now , the album is private , ive clicked on the image and selected copy then pasted it onto my post , but when i preview it , it only shows it as the text link not the image is this right or have i done something incorrectly?

norhel

Quote from: "Minne&Mickey92"
Quote from: "norhel"I'm using Picasa on the web, and there the album doesn't need to be public. You could just copy the URL for the image itself and past it in.

hi thanks for your help all the images i want are on picasa online now , the album is private , ive clicked on the image and selected copy then pasted it onto my post , but when i preview it , it only shows it as the text link not the image is this right or have i done something incorrectly?

As far as I know, when using the preview-button, you don't see it as it will be when it's "online". My advice is to submit the post, and the have a look through the post when it's posted. Then you will see the photos. And if anything is wrong in your post, you can just edit it. :-)

And if I may ask, do you remember to put the link between the img-tags?

Hope this helps :-)

Minne&Mickey92

oooh thank you fingers crossed then :)

ill get cracking on it and see how it turns out ^^

and id been putting the img there but not tags, thanks for your help :)

Minne&Mickey92

hmm put the links between image tags but still coming up as a link rather than images :s any ideas?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12144

norhel

I think I see your problem. When you was on the site for your picture, did you copy the link from the right side of the webpage? If you did, you need to right click on the photo itself and get a url staring with https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/
The actual start of the link, may be different, don't know what Google has for system on that, but something like that. At least googleusercontent.com should be there as far as I know.
So in basic it would be like this:

norhel

Minne&Mickey92

Hi Norhel !

Finally managed to sort it out thanks too you !

thank you very much for all your help :)

norhel

No problem. Glad to help :-)
Nice trip report by the way :-)