"Just one thing..."

Started by DopeyDad, September 29, 2011, 10:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeyDad

At a time of all these refurbs, repaints and re-do's I wondered if it would be fun to ask.....what one more, little thing would you want to see fixed/changed/removed? Not the big things like StarTours 2 or Ratatouille but the little things.

For me I always look over to Phantom Manor when on Molly Brown hoping to see the Geyser work, and every time after our first trip I'm disappointed so I'd love to see that repaired.

Patrick89

Are the opposums at BTM working againg?
Of course the geysirs...
The duellists in PotC...
The leaves and this rainwater system at La Cabane des Robinsons(which might be realized at the moment?)...
Improvements (diversity, quality) of merchandise (includes some specific souvenirs in shops, e.g. no Pirates -merch in Main Street)...
Thicker hedges in the labyrinth...
Revival of Critter Corral: Get some animals for the farm again...

Another thing I'd like to be changed: No more interruptions of CM during the railroad...

Maybe until tomorrow some more things come to my mind ;)
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

DopeyDad

ahhh, but which one little thing would you ask for first?

davewasbaloo

Oh gosh, this one is very hard as I adored DLP in the early years.

Hmmm, it could be:

The return of the geysers (v high on my list)
The return to the original space mountain (though that will never happen)
The return of quality fireworks available throughout the year.
The return of fire on the water of the discoveryland fountains.
The return of craftsmen to the bazaar and frontierland
Canaan dancers returning to the Lucky Nuggets.

But for me,  I think my top priority would be the return of live acts such as the dapper dans, casey corner pianist, the discoveryland jaminators etc.
since 2001 (many before that)

Patrick89

Quote from: "DopeyDad"ahhh, but which one little thing would you ask for first?

Hmm, maybe Critter Corral, because it wouldn't be too much work, but with a great result. This area has been so beautiful once, when sitting there and listening to the music, watching animals, the scenery and the people while you heard the train announcing his arrival by whistling...This was a great Wild West atmosphere...

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"The return to the original space mountain (though that will never happen)
We said little changes, didn't we? ;)

Maybe they could also use the Pueblo Trading Post building again...

Bring back the moon!

DopeyDad

I never saw the Coral in it's original state unfortunately, it does sound like a nice change of pace while adding to the overall land, especially with the train station there.
It's a bit like how I feel about the geyser maybe, it created an effect that reached out across the land, augmenting other experiences like BTM or the paddle steamers.

Patrick89

Yes, it was a really nice place to relax a bit, a contrast to the hectic rest of Frontierland.
I'd love to see the geysirs intact again, too. They just belong to Frontierland...

Bring back the moon!

davewasbaloo

The corral used to be fun. Wood carvers, blacksmith, Brahma bulls, chickens, it really added layers to the theme of frontierland.
since 2001 (many before that)

Patrick89

It was a really nice quiet corner in the otherwise so hectic and crowded Disneyland...Now, in its abandoned state and the poor Woody's Roundup, the Wild West atmosphere is totally gone...

Bring back the moon!

peter

but they've removed bullseye from the corral now, could this mean an end to woody, especially as he now has his own home over in TSPL?

in my dreams

Patrick89

Another little thing: The Riverboats mural in Main Street...So sad it is gone...

Bring back the moon!

andrewuk

Access to the whole of Disneyland Park from 9h00.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Columbiad

GEYSERS.

Its tragic not seeing them working. I used to love them so much as a wee boy.