third gate???????

Started by paterdave2, September 22, 2011, 11:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paterdave2

I was looking on the internet and found this.
Did they let the cat out of the bag on the third gate of our beloved resort???

I wonder what they want a waterpark for in the cold winters of france
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

DopeyDad

mmm, bit suspicious myself, they refer to it as EuroDisney, surely any real (genuine?) connection would get the name right!

blootoonloon

peter

Maybe... The company I still called eurodisney so maybe could be true.

There have been rumours about an indoor waterpark for a while, so who knows

Vegitabeta

Yeah I think on all such documents etc they always use 'Euro Disney'.  Must be for that nature park really.

Josh

We already known that there's been a water park planned for DLP, which has a Hawaiian volcano theme. It was going to be made with a giant glass roof that opens on the west side during warm and sunny days, leading to additional slides and a beach.

I'll see if I can find an article about it...

*looks*

Found it! http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/in ... lagoon.php

I'd be really excited if this is the water park being referred to. If it's just the one that they're planning for Villages Nature, apparently it's going to be the largest in Europe, so I hope it's going to be well-themed.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

gingajen

A Water Park would be great. I didn't know that the contract states that Disney should have 3 parks running by 2017! That's awesome news.
I have a slight concern about the number of people that would be able to use the park at a time though. I am not sure, but there are probably tens of thousands of people wandering through each of the other two parks every day. I would have thought that nowhere near this amount of people could fit in a water park comfortably and safely. Having said that Blizzard Beach and Wet n Wild run very well along side the theme parks in Orlando. They are outside though.......

dagobert

Quote from: "gingajen"A Water Park would be great. I didn't know that the contract states that Disney should have 3 parks running by 2017! That's awesome news.

I don't think that's going to happen. TWDC, ED SCA and the French Government extended the contract for building a new park until 2030. So I highly doubt that there will be a third park by 2017. Disney should fix the second park first before they think about creating a new one. WDSP cost ED SCA over €600mio and increased the debt to nearly €3 billion and so I doubt they can handle that right now. ED SCA has big problems to finance new attractions.

peter

Oh poor, poor eurodisney, creativity has killed them, if only they had begun smaller scale, it may have become the European disneyworld, as originally planned

dagobert

Quote from: "peter"Oh poor, poor eurodisney, creativity has killed them, if only they had begun smaller scale, it may have become the European disneyworld, as originally planned

The Disneyland park itself did fine from the begining, the hotels killed the company. If Disney would only have built two or three, the resort would be better off today. You should read Disney War to learn how many mistakes Disney made while planning DLRP. For example they calculated with far too many guests, because they used the US numbers, but they had bad luck as well. When DLRP opened, Europe was hit by an economic recession.

Josh

Sometimes I wish that a billionaire will donate $2 billion to them. XD I don't think that's ever going to happen, though.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

paterdave2

Quote from: "DopeyDad"mmm, bit suspicious myself, they refer to it as EuroDisney, surely any real (genuine?) connection would get the name right!

Quote from: "Vegitabeta"Yeah I think on all such documents etc they always use 'Euro Disney'.  Must be for that nature park really.

Quote from: "peter"Maybe... The company I still called eurodisney so maybe could be true.

There have been rumours about an indoor waterpark for a while, so who knows

That's true the company is still called Euro Disney so and as for the nature park that doesn't qualify for a waterpark in my opinion.
Any decent bungalow park in europe has a big swimingpool wit slides etc so I don't think they mean that.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

peter

in fact in mainland europe, its almost expected for campsites and bugalow parks, etc. to have a swimming pool. i know someone who worked for a european camping  union thing (some quality award thing), and they wouldn't let a site join unless it had a swimming pool

here in the uk... well, i went to one that had a pond. does that count?

ZINDERELLA

ITEC are employed also to create plans, not necessarily complete projects. It is most likely that they indeed created the plans or concepts for the Waterpark idea, but as OP have stated, this is a long abandonned project and the closest we are going to get to anything waterbased is the nature Villages.
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

dagobert

Thanks for clarifying, although it was very clear that DLRP will not get a waterpark in the next years.