Ghost Town for Disneyland Paris

Started by dlrpkris, September 30, 2010, 04:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrpkris

About a year ago I made a document (with some music mixes too) with a list of realistic improvements DLP can make to its parks at Halloween. Among these was an event similar to the spontaneous snowfall at Christmas... where Main Street is taken over with thunder bolts and moody lighting effects to sound and music to create a Halloween atmosphere. For the record, these simple lights were to be incorporated into a simple Halloween Fright Lights parade for the Halloween parties as well as being exclusive decoration in the evening too (similar to the pay-extra-if-you-want-a-Halloween-celebration model at MK).

Well, it seems Hong Kong Disneyland got there first. The mixes at the start are a little suspect, but the overall idea and effect is fantastic. Maybe even something for Studio 1 or the Studios to consider if they ever celebrate Halloween too.

[youtube:1k3vhwy5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99VTiIqHiCY[/youtube:1k3vhwy5]

The smoke effects are really fun. Notice it's another 'FlashMob' idea for the parks. I really think these's more unexpected mini entertainment bursts are going to be popular
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

lauramumof3

thats cool, but im a scaredy pants! it would freak me out lol
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

Scissorsboi

Sorry to drag this back up, but the idea is fantastic! I'd love to see something like this happen, they could even just use the Pumpkinmen and do a slightly toned down version for the daytime guests, then Haunted Mansion it for the event guests!

You mentioned the Studios, imagine something similar but less dance orientated happening around Tower of Terror.. the lights flicker, lightning strikes the tower (I'd love to see the lightning effect which Tokyo have on their tower on ours!), and then ghostly people emerge from the hotel. I believe they did similar for the press event, and it looked amazing!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

twopick

This would be amazing if it happend and i like the idea of the tower of terror being struck with lightning. If this did happen i would like i to be open all year not just halloween, they could do a special show on halloween like stiking the haunted house with lightning and zombies come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then they could dance there way down main street!!!!!!!  :D  :)  ;)  :(  :o  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  8)  8)  8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :x  :x  :x  :x  :-"  [-o<

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."Walt Disney !!!

"Whistle while you work  :-"  :-"  :-"  :-"  :-"  Walt disney"!

mattboywonder

That is very cool.........scary but very cool
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008