20th | Meet Mickey Mouse — Now Open!

Started by Donald-Duck-Malta, July 27, 2011, 12:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Id read rumours of a fastpass for this but I find it hard to believe and havent heard a mention of it since.

This may be  a silly question, but as we now have this 'meet mickey' attraction does that mean that Mickey is less likely to appear in meet and greets on Main Street/Caeys Corner or over in the Studios Park or in the restaurants?  I know this probably isnt the case I ws just wondering.

I do like the idea of getting a bit of time with Mickey- I have 3 children and it gives them all an opportunity to get a bit of time with the Mouse himself and opportunity to take photos without being hassled and as my son loves the characters but his nerve tends to go once he gets nearer to them this will be more relaxed and he wont feel so intimadated perhaps.

Josh

Quote from: "jonathan"This may be  a silly question, but as we now have this 'meet mickey' attraction does that mean that Mickey is less likely to appear in meet and greets on Main Street/Caeys Corner or over in the Studios Park or in the restaurants?  I know this probably isnt the case I ws just wondering.
In the park, you can only see him at Meet Mickey, now. You can still see him at Cafe Mickey and the hotels, though. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

jonathan

Thanks for your response- I was thinking that may be the case cheers.

Simba 27

How big are the "meeting groups"? If you are alone, you can't meet Mickey alone, but only with other guests?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Reiana

I think, it is a max from 6-8 people. You enter a small room, with Mickeys props from his cartoons. Magic books, a crystal orb and so on and a gigant trunk with stickers from the other Disney Parks and the DCL.
There is only a small gap between the trunk and the wall, were a castmember is waiting. This CM tells you when to go on. The you pass the gigant trunk an meet Mickey. All alone, execpt for the fotographer and a second CM. The other people have to wait behind the trunk til your finished. You can only have a sneek peek at Mickey while waiting absolutely next in line. All other people in the room can't see anything, only hear. But it is very quiet.

It possible, have a look at my facebook fotos, you can see the room and the props. Even with a Hidden Mickey.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 143&type=3

Simba 27

Thanks Reiana!! Pity, I don't have a facebook account, so I can't see your pictures. How many times did you spend in the queue lines? And how many times did you spend with Mickey?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

littlemermaid83

I was dreading we would be crammed into that small room with Mickey.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

alternativerock123

I didn't really get photos of the tiny area where you meet Mickey - but here's the photos I took on the 1st June.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alternativ ... 002920837/

Inside Meet Mickey Mouse! by ThatDisneyLover / Laura Knighton, on Flickr

Mickey Mouse by ThatDisneyLover / Laura Knighton, on Flickr

Also - we had to wait 3 hours till our photos were available at the Kodak Shop on Main-street as we wanted to wait and buy them all in a pack.  
 :thumbs:
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

aliscrapper

We went to Meet Mickey and there was no official photographer; altho a kind CM took some photo's for us.  We were really disappointed that the photographer wasn't there; especially as it was evident he had just "clocked off" as whilst we were exiting we noticed lots of people collecting their official photo's.

We also found no official photographer at the Santa Fe for photo's with Donald on the last day!

jonathan

Youd think the official photographer would always be around with the prices they charge for the photos!

ulak

We have no official photographer in Studios on place with Minnie on our trip! Very bad - i want official photo with her...

But in "Meet n Greet" with Mickey we have official photographer 3 times we come there. Nice time with Mickey - short, but nice! I was so nervous i forget how looks this "backround" to details :)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

aliscrapper

Quote from: "jonathan"Youd think the official photographer would always be around with the prices they charge for the photos!

That's what we thought too! :thumbs:

jonathan

Do DLP still do the photo offer where you save some money.  Instead of paying for the photo each time at full price you could buy a deal for 5 photos where by you got 1 or 2 free.  I hope this makes sense- I dont think Im explaining it very well lol

aliscrapper

Quote from: "jonathan"Do DLP still do the photo offer where you save some money.  Instead of paying for the photo each time at full price you could buy a deal for 5 photos where by you got 1 or 2 free.  I hope this makes sense- I dont think Im explaining it very well lol

I think I saw this kind of thing offered.  Altho due to the lack of Disney photographers we never really looked into this - we came back with 2 character photo's as opposed to at least the usual 4 or 5 we buy!

jonathan

Quote from: "aliscrapper"
Quote from: "jonathan"Do DLP still do the photo offer where you save some money.  Instead of paying for the photo each time at full price you could buy a deal for 5 photos where by you got 1 or 2 free.  I hope this makes sense- I dont think Im explaining it very well lol

I think I saw this kind of thing offered.  Altho due to the lack of Disney photographers we never really looked into this - we came back with 2 character photo's as opposed to at least the usual 4 or 5 we buy!

I got this last year as there were photographers at all the meet and greets plus the on ride photos.

Going in December this year so i assume there'll be official photographers at the Christmassy meet and greets  :?