I'm back! Highs & Lows.

Started by 15MagicalYears, July 21, 2011, 07:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

I saw mice when I was there three years ago but never a rat, I think I'd freak if I did! It's to be expected in ride queues and generally around the park, but surely they shouldn't be in the restaurants?! Eww!

\":lamp:\"

Reiana

Last september hubby spotted a mouse at the Santa Fe Hotel, runing to the dining room. He went to the reception desk and told the castmember.
First thing, the castmember looked irritated, with a face like "Ok, a mouse. You're at Disneyland. Nothing strange about mice running around. Then  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :shock:  a REAL mouse, not Minnie or Mickey  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Laura678

Last week I had a problem in Colonel Hathi's in relation to a credit card transaction and while waiting at the counter for a manager i saw a mouse run into the kitchen. When I told the manager his response was "That is my boss!"

Then when waiting outside Colonel Hathi's for my bf I saw a rat running around the shrubbery....

Also saw a rat running along the area where the characters do photos near Caseys...

Its bound to happen is such an open space where there is growth and water.... But I'd rather not see it ha
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

Ecossais

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"Highs

Cast Memebers. The CMs were all so friendly this year, not once did we walk past a CM without them smiling and saying Bonjour! Which is a large improvement from last year, where we were mostly ignored or served with no smile.

Weather. It rained most days we were there, which wouldn't have been so bad if I had packed for such weather.There's not a lot you can do though but wear a poncho and make the most of your time  :D

Cast Members: The simple answer is that us Scots have taken charge of most big attractions/boutiques this Summer!
Weather Meh, you should be used to it at home! :P It was such a miserable week though, really I felt bad for folk in the park.

tinkswishes

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"I saw mice when I was there three years ago but never a rat, I think I'd freak if I did! It's to be expected in ride queues and generally around the park, but surely they shouldn't be in the restaurants?! Eww!

why is it expected around ride queues?

Mice let alone rats carry all sorts of disease makes me cringe to think of rats and mice ruiing around.I have a huge phobia of both and disney is my escape

Snow_White_Girl

What I meant is I don't think there's any way they can control it in open spaces like ride queues etc., other than covering all the park floor space in rat poison(!)... but surely in places where people eat and in kitchens there's hygiene regulations they have to stick to, so something should be able to be done to control it there?

Don't get me wrong, I'd flip if I saw a rat in the park. Mice don't overly bother me but rats....ugh!! :(

\":lamp:\"

caspdex

The place is full of rats;seen them in queues inWDS running over peoples feet, TOT gardens(very atmospheric),in Adventureland paths, eating pumpkins by BTM,along the Rio Grande, in fact if you find a quiet spot and wait anywhere, you will see them.