I'm back! Highs & Lows.

Started by 15MagicalYears, July 21, 2011, 07:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Hey guys :)!
I'm back after a pretty good trip, though with a not so good start. I don't think I'm going to write a full TR due to most days being similar (EMH, Studios, afternoon rest, Disneyland Park) and lack of photos as I rarely took my camera out with me because of the rain. I will do a highs and lows list though, most of the lows or bad points of the trip have nothing to do with Disney or out of their control. ;

Highs

Cast Memebers. The CMs were all so friendly this year, not once did we walk past a CM without them smiling and saying Bonjour! Which is a large improvement from last year, where we were mostly ignored or served with no smile.

Wait Times. We were so lucky with queues and timing this trip, we never waited over 10 minutes for most rides, with a lot actually walk on! While on Pirates mid-afternoon one day the CMs let us stay on for another round :thumbs:. And this was Mid-July!!

Rainforest Cafe. I always feel aprehensive when eating here, as I've heard/read alot of negative reviews but that's several times I've ate here and always had great service/food and this trip was no exception, we ate here twice.

Lows

Baggage Mishap. So when we first arrived at CDG everything was going to plan and we got through border control etc. quickly, we waited and waited for our luggage and when looking at the time we'd actualy had been waiting for the luggage for an hour already. Time flew by as everyone from our flight waited on our luggage, to then be told by airport staff that our baggage had been lost and we'd need to fill out a lost baggage form. This was just devistating to be honest, and by this time we had been waiting in baggage reclaim for six hours :shock:.  I was tired, grumpy and annoyed. The staff told us it could be days before our bags show up as they have no idea where they are but they'd send them to the hotel when they arrived. Hearing they could take days really pushed me to the verge of crying, I had EVERYTHING in my luggage. Anyway, we came back to the hotel for a rest on the second day, turned on the TV to see a flashing message on the screen; "YOUR BAGS HAVE ARRIVED - reception"  :lol:. I'm glad they arrived so quickly, although it did feel like I was without them for longer.

Weather. It rained most days we were there, which wouldn't have been so bad if I had packed for such weather.There's not a lot you can do though but wear a poncho and make the most of your time  :D

Cinemagiqué. Twice we attempted to see this and both times the show failed and we were evacuated after just seconds. I've heard of this happening a lot recently, not a good sign.

Toy Story Playland. I was wanting to try RC Racer, but the queue was ridiculous. 60 minutes while rides like TOT and BTM had 10/15? Craziness.

Not really a high or low but something I thought was worth mentioning was that I saw alot of mice around the resort this trip, something I've never actually notice myself before. One of the sightings was in Frontierland at night and I'm sure they were far too big to be just mice, ew.

Overall we had a really great trip and I noticed several improvments since last year  :D.

alternativerock123

Hope you had a great time. =]

I noticed the more friendly Cast members and they were more helpful also! I heard an english cast member talking to a british family about where they were from and how they were enjoying their stay. It was nice to here.

Sorry about your baggage, it has happened to us in Spain about 5 years ago, we didn't get anything for over 24 hours of our 7 day holiday, but it's glad everything was resolved.  :thumbs:

Yeah, it does put a damper on your stay when it's raining and cold. But like you said, there's nothing to do about it.

I'm glad you had a great time, it would be nice to see even a few photos of your stay. =]
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

jessica-loves-disney

regarding the mice, i saw one running around blockbuster cafe whilst there (11th-15th July) and the cast members didn't seem bothered when it was brought to their attention! we left very very quickly. although we did not notice any at all throughout the rest of the trip.

glad you had a lovely trip as a whole (:
September 2010 - Santa Fe
our first holiday together (:

July 2011 - Seqouia Lodge
taking advantage of 45% off (:

fly_with_me_dumbo

i was there on monday and it was down main street and it wasnt a mouse it was defiantly a rat, it was massive!!! EWWW

15MagicalYears

Yeah, I thought it must have been a rat. ew!

Also I forgot to mention, another highlight of the trip was The Earl of Sandwich, which was delicious! And the view over lake Disney was beautiful :)

CafeFantasia

Great report. I love it when people break down their trips into easy to read Pros and Cons. Good stuff.

See, Disneyland Paris does have a mouse/rat problem. I mentioned mice in another discussion on here, and people thought I was exaggerating. They've definitely been spotted in the queue for Big Thunder Mountain and also in Walt's Restaurant!

SM:M3

What people forget is that 25 years ago DLP was just sugar beet fields so ironically Mickey & Minnie wont be the only mice you see.

At least the cast members seem a lot better than when I went a few years ago, they were a real miserable bunch! Shame about the weather, but as you say what can you do!?

nicoledlrp

the benches in the fantasia gardens area are a prime rodent spot ! we  have often seen a variety of quite cute furry things (not characters !) sitting there seemingly oblivious to the passing crowds. we saw some gorgeous baby squirrels ( i think ) last year. 8 years ago when youngest had just turned one we were standing waiting for hubby and big sister at the tea cups. she seemed fascinated by something in the grass and when i looked there was a huge rat running around beside the railing. needless to say i moved her and the buggy very quickly !!

mattboywonder

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"i was there on monday and it was down main street and it wasnt a mouse it was defiantly a rat, it was massive!!! EWWW

Yep, I saw a rat too during my recent trip.  It came out of the Cast Members Only door by the men's toilet by Phantom Manor!  The only rodents I wanna see are Mickey and Minnie!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

ed-uk

I've never seen any rats, yet. I'm more worried about bird droppings when I walk under a tree.
Ed & David

15MagicalYears

Has Disney ever confronted the issue or tried to control it?

DutchBrit

Place with lots of hidey holes, food and water? There are always going to be mice and rats around, no matter what anyone tries to do.

nicoledlrp

i think they all moved to buffalo bills for a while, but probably didnt enjoy the food so headed somewhere new !!

glad you had a good time and that your luggage problem was resolved  quickly .

MrsPirate

I agree with you about the cast members, much more approachable this year and whenever we asked a question they seemed interested in talking to us.

We also saw a huge great rat by lake Disney.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

littlemermaid83

I have seen rats and mice. Such a shame Disney cannot control the problem.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!